Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

"Last minute" meeting around the UK?

No offence has been taken. Do say hello to M---- for me.

Another meet-up with you would be excellent. Trouble is, I'm currently uber-busy with work, have run out of leave & have various stuff 'booked' for the weekends up til xmas --- Oxford & MK were family shopping trips & there's more of those to come ;-)

A late night shopping jaunt around MK centre would be the most arrangable get-together option for me at the moment. We should definately go together there in the near future (Shyguy to meet up also maybe?)

we could take in a movie at the multiplex afterwards - - - 'The Road' looks interesting. That would present a great cinema heeling opportunity!

>> These << fitted really well, but were 'outside-of-budget' ..... :( .... And have a slight platform. ;-) Either one of which makes them less attractive. (-ish).

I really like the look of those too. Their price tag does make one wince a little certainly!

It wouldn't be the platform that put me off though - it would be the daft bow on the back of them. Difficult to get your trouser legs over I expect! ;-)

I saw these again yesterday in French Connection Lakeside. I had a good look at the bow. It's stitched and glued, and not part of the boot. It'd be real simple to remove it .... ;-) But

The Diesels are very attractive looking, but look more like a bootie than a mule.

If you look at 'rear view' piccies, you'll see the heel cover is actually missing. There's an ever so small lip but it doesn't stop your foot leaving the rear of the shoe. In fact the 'toe' piccy shoes the gap at the back of the shoe, and that little lip is clearly visible right above the size sticker.

They also look to have an ankle strap, but it isn't. Sure there's something that goes around the ankle, but it's decoration. The strap is waaay too loose to fasten tightly around an ankle, even a mans.

Sadly I didn't make time to take a photo with my foot in them to demonstrate this, (they're actually sitting on soft furnishings anyway), but the only thing that holds them on a foot is the tightness of the material around middle of the shoe. Just like a mule?

we could take in a movie at the multiplex afterwards - - - 'The Road' looks interesting. That would present a great cinema heeling opportunity!

Trailer for >> The Road <<

Not 'my cup of tea' I'm afraid. I've never found long storylines with women and children under threat as being attractive viewing.

>> 2010 << on the other hand, is visually stimulating, despite being apocalyptic.

And I intend going to see this film wearing heels, this coming Friday. :lol:

Trailer for >> The Road <<

Not 'my cup of tea' I'm afraid. I've never found long storylines with women and children under threat as being attractive viewing.

>> 2010 << on the other hand, is visually stimulating, despite being apocalyptic.

And I intend going to see this film wearing heels, this coming Friday. ;-)

You pays your money & you takes your choice.

Some fairly typical reviewer quotes:-

The Road: "Really pulls you in and sticks with you ... an incredibly strong piece of dramatic storytelling"

2012: "2012

This is not going well. "Billy no-mates" (that would be me) can't find someone to go to see the filum with tonight. :lol:

I obviously need to find some younger people to spend my time with. My social circle is "Geriatrics 'R' Us". :( Sadly, not as much of a joke as I would like.... ;-)

P.S.

Looks like we are going Sunday.

Brent Cross (probably) followed by food at Chiquito's Staples Corner, then on to the Kinema opposite.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Missed Brent Cross ..... [My lack of time keeping, takes some believing. :roll:]

Currently looking to go soon, with >> these << on, but Mrs Freddy ain't so keen..... Maybe another day then. :cool:

What an evening ...... :cool: :lol:

Spent longer than I should getting ready*, but arrived at Staples Corner around 7.55pm. Wearing Harleys, but with stillies in car ~ just in case. ;)

Found cinema. Parked up outside, thinking I would buy tickets before popping down the road for some food. While parked, 10-15 minutes I might add, we waited for a 'not-busy' moment by the front door. It never came. Small (male) groups were continually milling around the front door, with one or two youths usually sitting on a shelf that was part of the foyer funiture. :roll:

Worse, during the whole time we waited, we didn't see a single person we could say had English as their first language. Those we suspected might be English speaking, wore hoodies, baseball caps, or both, and often baggy trousers hung at crotch level. [You getting this?] Mrs Freddy didn't even want to get out of the car, much less walk into the place.....

We chose to visit another town .... so off up the M1.

25 minutes later we arrived at cinema No2. Not only wasn't there a receptionist selling tickets any longer, [at 8.44pm] the 2012 programme had concluded for the evening. :roll: We gave in, and went to a restaurant 50 yards away. We were customers 6 and 7. Menu was that useless (to me), we shared 3 starters. Even the waiter suggested we'd made a good choice. :lol:

Home for 10:40pm.

* While making up my mind which trousers/jeans to wear, what belt to hold them up ..... I discovered two pairs of shoes I thought I had returned to House of Fraser, weeks ago. :roll: [url=http://www.dune.co.uk/catalogue/style.asp?y=A09LLE10LBC502H&pc=10&sar=&sat=&f=1]One pair

All dressed up and nowhere to go a Freddy. That sounds like a real downer, but at least there was food lol.

As for the vouchers, look for the next pair of heels you can buy from HoF

As for the vouchers, look for the next pair of heels you can buy from HoF

Rang HoF tonight. Although I'm only 3 and 2 days late (respectively) to qualify for the voucher exchange scheme, the lady said company policy says I'm stuck with the goods I don't want.

I intend having a heavy duty conversation with someone tomorrow. Since the Dune shoes are under-size (7's not the claimed :roll: I'm wondering if I can get a full refund based on the 'fit for purpose' legislation? At this time I'm frustrated, annoyed, and enthusiastic to get the better of this situation.

The second paragraph (above) should have read ....

I intend having a heavy duty conversation with someone tomorrow. Since the Dune shoes are under-size [7's not the claimed 8] I'm wondering if I can get a full refund based on the 'fit for purpose' legislation? At this time I'm frustrated, annoyed, and enthusiastic to get the better of this situation.

Conclusion to the story .....

Rang HoF Westfield yesterday morning. Found out the only person who could authorise the late return, is the Store Manager. :oops:

Long (sob) story short, got agreement to exchange shoes for vouchers! Well done HoF. :cool:

Got down there at 8.40pm having been held up looking after someone with a 2.30pm hospital appointment, that wasn't able to leave until 6.45pm :roll:

So, I'm expected. Assistant on the (girls) shoe counter finds my name written on some notes, and from that knows what is going on. Trouble is, while she knows what is going on, she doesn't actually know how to do it. She calls the Floor Manager. He comes over, knows how to do it, but doesn't have the swipe card for the till with the correct authorisation level. He then calls another girl across. Now there's three of them working on giving me HoF vouchers in exchange for 2 pairs of girls shoes, Size 8. :lol:

It's close to the 'pantomime' season, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. :roll:

I've said it many times, but few stores take men wearing heels in their stride, as well as HoF. No blushes anywhere, including from me, although I did feel like I was practically performing for an audience.

With only minutes left of opening hours, I stayed for a brief walk-around the shoe section. That would be the girls shoe section BTW. :lol: :roll:

There's one of the House of Fraser "Extravaganza's" end of next week, with discounts in all departments. Don't know if the shoe concessions will be included, but I have

Looks like I may be going to Debenhams Oxford Street tonight. [Open until 10pm.] I've no reason to go, but I'm having my arm pushed up my back by my walking partner who wants an evening out. While I don't expect to spend any money, she knows I can be persuaded because it's an excuse to wear heels.

Last time I was at Debenhams late, I practically had the store to myself. Well, womens shoe sections anyway. :roll:

Once again, a fairly uneventful trip....

Except for the security bloke at Zara, the shop opposite John Lewis. [There are 2 or 3 of these stores in close proximity.]

I've mentioned before, these fellas (seemingly always black, a race not so keen on any form of sexual ambiguity) always notice my heels. Be it Primark, or Zara, they are seldom discreet in their observation. Tonight the fella raised the bar a LOT higher.

I'd walked in and around. As usual there was nothing for me, (why do I still bother), disappointed I walked toward the entrance/exit. Security person started to look at the bottom of my trousers, while I was about 15/20 feet away. There was no subtlety at all, a plain, obvious glare downward as I walked forward. Only a couple of feet from him, did he then look up at me, looking at him. I continued to stare back, right up until I practically fell out of the store. I've seldom experienced such rudeness. :cool:

Over at Debenhams, the place was rocking. As full as I've ever seen it, the place was waaaay busier than it usually is at 8pm-9pm. The sale seems to be working!

Tried to do a short video in the shoe section, but my old and battered phone got the better of me. I did manage >> a picture << though. :roll:

May not show it very well, but the section was buzzing. :roll: Not surprising given it's party season and the shoes there were for the most part, 20% off. :roll:

Sounds like you folks are having a lot of fun....

I may have the oportunity to join in next week 1st 2nd 3rd

venues such as windsor MK Stratford upon avon, anyone else want to meet up, during the day?.

Most of the folk here are a bit shy. :roll:

I haven't knowingly been to Windsor. Is there somewhere in town that doesn't have cobbles?

MK is doable. Stratford-upn-Avon might also be doable, as I need to get myself up there sooner or later (for work). Another place full of cobbled streets though?

Hi FastFreddy,

thanks for the reply, yes seems strange when shyness is not something you need when wearing heels in this country.

Windsor is not that bad for cobbles, the shopping centres are fine, down by the river is ok too, if the weather is up to it.

Stratford town is ok too, there are some streets that are not so good, but most pathways are ok, the park has good paths, if the weather is ok.

MK is a pain for parking, unless you are going to the out of town stores, unless you know of somewhere I have missed.

Let me know if you want a walk about one day next week, I will see what we can do.

V

Edited by vee6

Hi Shyguy,

ok thursday will be my last possible day, gotta work friday, I hav updated my avatar, that's the kind of foot wear I will be wearing for a meet up, so I hope that won't show you up, not many people notice.

V

MK is a pain for parking, unless you are going to the out of town stores, unless you know of somewhere I have missed.

Let me know if you want a walk about one day next week, I will see what we can do.

V

Outside Waitrose, 2 hours free. Outside John Lewis (all 8 spaces :cool:) free all day.

I'd like to meet up. Got a minor problem in that I may have an infection of some sort around my right eye that seems to be getting worse. If that clears up .... I'll find a way to get there too. :roll:

Hi FastFreddy,

ok MK it is, will have to find the car parks you mentioned, I guess there is only one waitrose in MK, what day, tuesday, wednesday or thursday? what time's good for you? can PM a mobile number if it will help.

V