Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

"Last minute" meeting around the UK?

I will if you go. If I lived near to Westfield I would go on my own but since I live 60 mile away theres no much point in me going on my own unless I meet at least 1 friend there.

I am tempted...... :cry:

My problem is that if I went ..... I'd have to wear heels, even if it was my Harley's. And I would consider myself 'chicken' if I wore those ..... :cool:

Basically, I've got to talk myself into wearing shoes I wouldn't normally wear - in public - in daylight.

KFC anyone? :-o

Well if I go I will be taking at least two pairs with me. Depending how the day goes I might wear them or I might not . But if you don,t go then you will never know.

I'll give it some thought, but it's quite a stretch ....

I've already 90% decided my next visit there will have me in stillies, but I expect to visit late in the day, and late on a quiet day. :cool:

Starting to look like I'm going to be travelling a lot this week.

Thursday at Gt. Yarmouth. 7 hours travelling, 1 hour visit.

Friday, Milton Keynes, and or Northampton.

Brighton this coming Saturday seems to be unavoidable. 4 hours travelling, 1 hour visit, maybe longer if I stay for lunch.

Sunday, to somewhere close to Coventry before travelling across country to Kettering.

Friday looks to be the only 'entertainment' day. :-o

No rest for the wicked? :cry: :cool:

All driving, though the Brighton gig might be by train.

No heels. Business or family trips ....

Thanks for your good wishes. :cool:

Lakeside and Bluewater today. Not sure if we'll get to Brighton .....

Will depend if I need to meet with a friend in Rochester .... (Which will be a bit of a detour in the wrong direction.)

Went to TK Maxx at Lakeside, which was a REAL waste of time. Saturday traffic was a bit of an unwelcome surprise. The whole place was practically gridlocked. Note to self: don't go there again on a Saturday .... :cool: Worse, the in-store range of footwear offered, was shockingly poor.

Should have driven past the main shops (TK Maxx is on a retail park about a mile away from the Lakeside Mall). House of Fraser had a sale on, but nothing there 'grabbed me'. There may have been a larger range some weeks ago, but what was left wasn't worth the effort of being parked in a traffic queue for so long ...

Back on M25 to Bluewater.... Once there, straight into HoF again. Larger range of Sale shoes and boots, but nothing I hadn't seen before (or bought come to that.) Mrs Freddy got a bit of a bargain, finding some Kurt Geiger shoes originally at

Edited by FastFreddy2
Spelling mistake.

From the shoes/boots point of view, almost a disasterous day ... :razz:

Got to TK Maxx Bletchley, which was en route to my meeting in Coventry, finding myself once again amongst very many weekend bargain hunters. Had a good look around the shoe section, which was disappointing compared to the Milton Keynes branch. [These two shops are only 5.3 miles and a 13 minute drive apart ~ BTW.] No high-end shoes like Diesel brand at the MK branch found Friday. But ......

There was some I liked the look of, that I'd seen several times before, but this time I found a pair that could be my size ..... [EU41/UK7] Everywhere I could sit to try them was full of young girls trying shoes, or parents/children having a rest while 'mummy' tried something on <it's tough being a male in a large retail store full of bargains> ....

I was reasonably sure I'd tried this size before, and found them too small. [i'm actually a size 8 in most styles.] As I've already got a pair of shoes bought Friday that might be going back, I wanted to avoid taking a second pair back, but 'try before I buy' didn't look very likely. On the point of giving up, I found a stool, and tried the boots on. Unfortunately for my pocket, they fitted so I had to buy them. :oops: At

The first two pairs are very nice Freddy, but the last pair isn't my cup o tea. Definitely think you've been spending too much on shoes though.

Might be in MK myself tomorrow not sure what time though.

Ooh yeah, definitely should keep those beauties.

There's some pretty good boots / shoeboots items in Dorothy Perkins at the moment - don't know if you'velooked on their website lately.

I was in the Oxford 'Dotty Perks' on saturday & the MK branch today but there was no sign of the one's I particularly liked the look of :razz: - these ones:-

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=20&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=178518&parent_category_rn=178501&productId=1390943&langId=-1

Those boots have a nice theme to them, but I struggle to like the look of platforms, despite them being on just about every boot I see.

Saw a great pair of lace-up shoe boots, the owner told me were from Dorothy Perkins. I think I saw them on their web-site at the end of Autumn last year ..... so no-longer available. Shame. I'll have to watch Ebay in the hope a pair will show up.

Again, no piccy. :wink: Sorry readers. :lol:

Update ...... >> here << they are. ;)

BTW - how do things usually pan out for you when you return items to stores?

Do you have to explain why you want a refund and if so, are you brazen about it (i.e. do you make it clear that they were bought by you, for you but you've decided you don't like them or they don't fit?).

Personally, I'd have thought that returning a pair of stilettos face-to-face and having to 'come clean' to the staff would be at least 100-times worse than the initial trying & buying experience. :???:

TBH, it's been a bit of a mixed bag. House of Fraser (whatever store) know they are for me, and ALWAYS offer me the other shoe to try when I'm buying .....

Had a bit of a spat with TK Maxx recently, but that was because they didn't know they sold such expensive shoes .... and didn't want to do a refund. Nothing to do with the ownership.

Used to have a good time at Fenwicks Brent Cross with the Shoe Factory, but the 2 or 3 girls who do the KG Boutique stare .... :oops: Didn't stop me trying a couple of pairs on recently. :lol: >> These << fitted really well, but were 'outside-of-budget' ..... ;-) .... And have a slight platform. :sad: Either one of which makes them less attractive. (-ish).

I always pay for shoes and clothes with cash. If I'm buying 'local', and there might be some chance of being recognised as it were, I usually talk someone else into getting the refund. 8) Might cost me a cup of Costa coffee, but it's cheaper than travelling to another town.

The first two pairs are very nice Freddy, but the last pair isn't my cup o tea. Definitely think you've been spending too much on shoes though.

Might be in MK myself tomorrow not sure what time though.

The last pair were for Mrs Freddie (keep up! :oops:)

I expect to be there with Mrs Freddie from about 12pm to at least 6pm. Not sure what I'm doing on the shoe front yet. Not had much practice lately, :razz: and the last time I was at MK HoF I got the closest I've ever been to ending up on my backside after skidding on their vinyl floor covering. :wink: Plus I expect to visit family later ....

Update ...... >> here << they are....

Those are still in the stores. I spotted them in both the Oxford & MK branches. Dunno what sizes they have in stock though.

trying a couple of pairs on recently. :wink: >> These << fitted really well, but were 'outside-of-budget' ..... ....

I really like the look of those too. Their price tag does make one wince a little certainly!

It wouldn't be the platform that put me off though - it would be the daft bow on the back of them. Difficult to get your trouser legs over I expect! :razz:

Those are still in the stores. I spotted them in both the Oxford & MK branches. Dunno what sizes they have in stock though.

Blige, Camden the other week, Oxford and MK. You're certainly getting around. ;) My walking friend asks after you, I'll have to tell her I've offended .... :wink:

When I first saw the DP shoe/boots, they looked good as they were seen for the most part in quite dark surroundings. In daylight, while attractive, they are very patent. At

Camden the other week, Oxford and MK. You're certainly getting around. :lol: My walking friend asks after you, I'll have to tell her I've offended .... ;-)

No offence has been taken. Do say hello to M---- for me.

Another meet-up with you would be excellent. Trouble is, I'm currently uber-busy with work, have run out of leave & have various stuff 'booked' for the weekends up til xmas --- Oxford & MK were family shopping trips & there's more of those to come :(

A late night shopping jaunt around MK centre would be the most arrangable get-together option for me at the moment. We should definately go together there in the near future (Shyguy to meet up also maybe?)

we could take in a movie at the multiplex afterwards - - - 'The Road' looks interesting. That would present a great cinema heeling opportunity!

No offence has been taken. Do say hello to M---- for me.

Another meet-up with you would be excellent. Trouble is, I'm currently uber-busy with work, have run out of leave & have various stuff 'booked' for the weekends up til xmas --- Oxford & MK were family shopping trips & there's more of those to come ;-)

A late night shopping jaunt around MK centre would be the most arrangable get-together option for me at the moment. We should definately go together there in the near future (Shyguy to meet up also maybe?)

we could take in a movie at the multiplex afterwards - - - 'The Road' looks interesting. That would present a great cinema heeling opportunity!

Same here - the day I buy a pair of boots for