Sign in to follow this  
Heels

What I bought and sold or returned this year.

Just thought it good a good idea of a quick summery of what heels I bought and sold this year. Three pairs were returned straight back to the seller.  Three pairs were thrown out, two pairs were bought couple of years ago  and the ones with the cut down heels. Five pairs were sold on Ebay I think I only sold  heels that I bought before the start of this year.. Still want to sell another two pairs but not getting the money I want for them Looks like I am going to loss money when I do sell them on..Will do a group photo of all the heels I bought and kept this year.

Missed out on winning 4 or 5 pairs Ebay. There's only one pair I feel sorry I missed out on. Think I had problem with the signal..

One thing i have noticed that I now seem to buying more  for web sites such as New Look and Asos.  Seem to be the way to go now. Simple you might pair a little more but on the other hand  you can just return anything you don't like free of charge.

6 hours ago, Heels said:

One thing i have noticed that I now seem to buying more  for web sites such as New Look and Asos.  Seem to be the way to go now. Simple you might pair a little more but on the other hand  you can just return anything you don't like free of charge.

There's a lot to be said for being able to do returns, especially with people like us who don't always find it easy to get a good fit every time. :) 

Was hoping other members would share what they bought and sold this year.

The green and blue pair are the ones  I wish to sell. Don't know why I don't wear the blue pair, fit alright just to big. The other pair at the front  I,m not sure If I bought them this year or at another time.

Could not tell with pair I like the best out what I bought this year. I don't get the Wow factor much these days, where I see a pair and think I must have that pair. I think there's only 1 or 2 pairs that don't fit very well. Have bought some good bargins this year.

567e781041dcb_Collection2015.jpg.10a64da

Think I've already mentioned most of my buys/sell pairs?

There is one notable exception ... I'll see if I can do something about that. ;)

22 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

There is one notable exception ... I'll see if I can do something about that. ;)

You are one of the very few members that will respond to a thread.  I know i bought loads of heels but didn't realise just how many I did buy.

1 hour ago, Heels said:

You are one of the very few members that will respond to a thread.  I know i bought loads of heels but didn't realise just how many I did buy.

That's because this place is the closest I'll ever get to having a personal <inter-active> blog.

Though originally not through choice, I have kept most of my stories and experiences written up in one place. If I want people to share those, it's in my interest to help keep the place ticking over;) There's no chivalry involved. -_-

I am disappointed that more don't visit from HHp obviously, but it's the difference between a 'busy' pub, and a themed one I suppose. This one is almost exclusively a men only site, and even men aren't always comfortable with that. And very very few women have the cojones (confidence) to enter an environment that looks like a 'men only' club. The notable exception is Eoneleg, who hasn't posted for some time, sadly.

I'm also surprised more people from the fetish world don't appear here, although again, HHp might get most of that traffic. 

• Like 1

As I see it, the main advantage of this site (as opposed to any other catering for broadly the same interests) is that members can and do exchange views in an intelligent and generally literate manner without too many extremist topics or diversions.   If that sounds elitist, snobbish or xenophobic, so be it; I find much of the comment elsewhere (and its presentation) disappointing and sometimes close to insulting.  I appreciate that we do discuss topics other than shoes or heels, but why not?  Most members have other strings to their bows that merit an airing, and issues relating to topics such as travel, photography and DIY can benefit from inclusion here, albeit best separated from the pure 'fashion' discussions when there is no direct connection.

It is a shame that the active members here seem to be few, and I agree that it would be good to have a few female contributors, but as a club-like forum for blokes (I won't say 'gentlemen'; the term is so easily abused or misunderstood!), it serves a purpose and I will try to continue to participate.  

Where we sometimes talk about other topics on, it is still the same few members disscussing those topics. There are times where I do find it very difficult adding to those topics, so I tend not to add anything to those topics. It seems we hear from new members on the welcome board but never to hear from them again.

As the site is called Heels4men we not going to see many women on here.It not much better on HHP either for matter.They tend to stick to their own board.

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

It is a shame that the active members here seem to be few, and I agree that it would be good to have a few female contributors, but as a club-like forum for blokes (I won't say 'gentlemen'; the term is so easily abused or misunderstood!), it serves a purpose and I will try to continue to participate.  

When I first read that, I laughed (once - and out loud) and prepared to write a two word reply along the line of "bloody cheek" ;), but then realised I too would not want to be active in a Gentleman's Club. A hundred years ago, the title and the theme of the venue would be singular in purpose and membership qualification. Less so these days. ;)

1 hour ago, Heels said:

As the site is called Heels4men we not going to see many women on here.It not much better on HHP either for matter.They tend to stick to their own board.

That should surprise me, but possibly it doesn't. I have read several derisive posts there about men wearing a heeled shoe, though an equal number or more in support. Since a very large proportion of the contributors there are men who wear a heel, I am surprised that anyone who would see it as unattractive, might still support the forum by making contributions.

I am minded to reiterate to readers and members, of a group visit to the London Fetish Market, made by several of us men into wearing heels. While at the venue, we were seated outside enjoying light refreshments. One or more of our 3 and then 4 member party were wearing a heel. One or more people on an adjacent table, were having some amusement at our expense. It could not have been more ironic ... The chap with the biggest grin was dressed - head to toe - in leather. Plainly a reject from The Matrix, laughing boy wore black leather: shirt, waistcoat, trousers, long coat, and boots. My thought at the time was; people in glass houses ....  Should folk with peculiar dress codes be less accommodating to another group with a different peculiarity? I suppose their mindset convinced them, their dress code was more normal than ours, so they could be as bigoted as they liked? Bigoted and hypocritical in my view.   ;)

46 minutes ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I am minded to reiterate to readers and members, of a group visit to the London Fetish Market, made by several of us men into wearing heels. While at the venue, we were seated outside enjoying light refreshments. One or more of our 3 and then 4 member party were wearing a heel. One or more people on an adjacent table, were having some amusement at our expense. It could not have been more ironic ... The chap with the biggest grin was dressed - head to toe - in leather. Plainly a reject from The Matrix, laughing boy wore black leather: shirt, waistcoat, trousers, long coat, and boots. My thought at the time was; people in glass houses ....  Should folk with peculiar dress codes be less accommodating to another group with a different peculiarity? I suppose their mindset convinced them, their dress code was more normal than ours, so they could be as bigoted as they liked? Bigoted and hypocritical in my view.   ;)

I remember that visit very well. Got there very late. Got so very lost in London that in the end had to follew a taxi to get to the venue. Before then I never needed a Satnav so never needed to use one.

Just had another look at the Fetish Market might go down there at some point.

2 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

When I first read that, I laughed (once - and out loud) and prepared to write a two word reply along the line of "bloody cheek" ;), but then realised I too would not want to be active in a Gentleman's Club. A hundred years ago, the title and the theme of the venue would be singular in purpose and membership qualification. Less so these days. ...

We may or may not be slightly at cross-purposes here.   I deliberately didn't refer to H4M as being something of an online 'gentlemen's club' because the term 'gentlemen' is somewhat outdated (and over-used today to mean almost any adult male) and also because H4M does not offer anything (other than a forum for discussion) or to try to be in any way equivalent to the traditional bricks-and-mortar 'gentlemen's club', of the sort which thrived a century ago and which still exists in similar form today.   If, Freddy, you are trying to suggest that the term was usually or often a euphemism or cover for practices that were at best unsavoury and in the past illegal, then you may be right - but that is not the function of the true (and very respectable, if stuffy and exclusive) clubs that I had in mind, most of which have opulent premises in and around St. James's in London.  

4 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

A hundred years ago, the title and the theme of the venue would be singular in purpose and membership qualification. Less so these days;)

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

If, Freddy, you are trying to suggest that the term was usually or often a euphemism or cover for practices that were at best unsavoury and in the past illegal, then you may be right - but that is not the function of the true (and very respectable, if stuffy and exclusive) clubs that I had in mind, most of which have opulent premises in and around St. James's in London.  

I think we have a mutually agreed understanding of both uses of the term. ;) 

12 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

One or more of our 3 and then 4 member party were wearing a heel.

11 hours ago, Heels said:

I remember that visit very well. Got there very late. Got so very lost in London that in the end had to follew a taxi to get to the venue.

No-one asked, but the mystery is solved. ;) :P :D

Was an interesting day. B)  I found the LFM a bit flat compared to my two previous visits, though both were some years previous. If I remember, there was a film crew there too? Lovely warm day though. Cobbled roadways played hell with my ankles, but no injuries sustained. B)

My original criticism of our laughing boy voyeur, got to one of the organisers and I was assured his behaviour was not acceptable, and a word with them would have changed the situation. It would, or should, make a great venue for a Heel Meet. Perhaps something to consider for a Spring date, March - May 2016? :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

God rest you merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay

Indeed so!   And the punctuation was in the right place; the carol is often wrongly sung as 'God rest ye [you] merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay ...'   And it doesn't work either if a synonym for 'merry' is substituted.

2 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

My original criticism of our laughing boy voyeur, got to one of the organisers and I was assured his behaviour was not acceptable, and a word with them would have changed the situation. It would, or should, make a great venue for a Heel Meet. Perhaps something to consider for a Spring date, March - May 2016? :huh:

I be up for that. Been such a long time that I worn a pair of heels out.

On 26/12/2015 at 1:08 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

The 'mystery' pair ..... :D

Imported from the US, with all duties paid (as usual). Sold to me as a UK8 but are closer to a UK7 (At Next, Marks, New Look and many more.) Might be considered a UK8 if Dune, Office or Topshop were doing the sizing.  

568affb33ea3a_NineWestboot2015.jpg.65ab6

I can get my feet in them, and being leather they may give a little, but they have a 5" heel, so need to be comfortable really. They are going on sale for a month or two, and if they don't sell I'll be wearing them.

If the return carriage wasn't prohibitive, they'd have been  returned. I do like them, but at the moment I feel like I'd have preferred a larger size.