Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Prospective New Members ....

Looking at this Forum it might look like we haven't had many new members here for a while, though with sharper eyes might also notice we've had a few new ones very recently?

Post 'upgrade', applicants won't literally be fast-tracked, but the procedure is slicker (potentially faster) than it may have been previously. If you have applied and not heard back, or tempted to join and haven't because it might be difficult to join, NOW is a good time to use the upgrade application procedure. B) 

I think its easy to forget that community websites are NOT business, yet people seem to demand a business like service..

Its a hobby, and one that is not at the top of the to-do list in the grand sceme of daily "to-do" items.

Combined with the fact that due to the amount of people who prove themselves untrust-worthy, we only have 1 admin on this site and 2 at HHPlace, with zero moderators.

Things are bettter now though, am checking in here about once a week, looking over any new signups that need approving or banning etc.

20 minutes ago, Tech said:

Combined with the fact that due to the amount of people who prove themselves untrust-worthy, we only have 1 admin on this site and 2 at HHPlace, with zero moderators.

Sounds a bit ominous ..... :huh:

And a bit sad really. You'd (optimistically it would seem) like to assume those helping in basically a 'hobby' environment, would do what they could when the could to help those with a similar interest. Maybe not. :( 

Indeed, and sadly, I found some of them doing the exact opposite. None of them had the balls to talk to me directly, but would happily run their mouths off behind my back thinking I would never know or see it.

19 hours ago, Tech said:

None of them had the balls to talk to me directly, but would happily run their mouths off behind my back thinking I would never know or see it.

There is a difference between loyalty and effectiveness.

For example, I've been "critical" (asked about changes that are software options which were subsequently dismissed) regarding some aspects of the site here, both publicly and privately.  ie. preview function, editing time window, picture sizes, gallery privacy, to name a few. Nothing changed. While I choose to live with it, is there some reason I shouldn't 'bitch' about it (privately) to other members? I'm human after all, not a machine.

Conversely, I promote this site to anyone I can (non-members obviously) would be surprised to discover I'd said or written ANYTHING negative about it anywhere. either publicly or privatelySame true of HHp. 

If "Admin" of "Moderator" staff were doing things not in the best interests of the sites, I could understand there being an issue. But people complaining privately to each other, that's just human nature. I've never worked anywhere, it didn't happen, and I've worked in companies with 3 employees up to 7,000.

Edited by FastFreddy2
Grammar.

I think you may be under-estimating what I was referring to. I'm not talking about a bit of bitching and moaning. I couldnt care less about that, heck I'd be surprised if people didnt, given that I'm far from "subtle".. Anyway, enough said.