Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

'Wet look' or shiny leggings?

Once again the bare midriff. Nobody - or very few - seem to grasp ideas of counterpoint, good taste, less-is-more etc. 

I quite like the last pic above; a good balanced look.   And, although not leggings-related, how about this:

Zippered slit skirt.

Sexy and smart but not overly-provocative.   As the caption says, the zip can be adjusted to taste.

Edited by Puffer
attach pic

11 hours ago, Puffer said:

Sexy and smart but not overly-provocative.  

Really? :huh: Attractive (sexy/hot) as the whole ensemble is, You Tube has an abundance of video's featuring women dressed like this ... and I'm pretty sure they are posted by fetish channels ...

Slightly more mainstream (read demure).

black-veggie-leather-fabric-for-dress_1. 3bce681014bb0f019d1ad5910e6af098--black-Nicole+Scherzinger+Celebs+Leave+Riversid

Perhaps another thread required, if we are t wander from the theme of this one?

This thread does wander to and fro. I guess a thread n edgy fashion, as opposed to vintage fashion, could be interesting.

8 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Really? :huh: Attractive (sexy/hot) as the whole ensemble is, You Tube has an abundance of video's featuring women dressed like this ... and I'm pretty sure they are posted by fetish channels ...

Perhaps another thread required, if we are t wander from the theme of this one?

I judged the pic I posted at its face value, not where it may have come from originally or what connotations it might have to some.   By your yardstick, anything in leather or with a stiletto heel could be classified as 'fetish' - which ain't so!

I agree that a new 'fashion' thread is called for.

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

By your yardstick, anything in leather or with a stiletto heel could be classified as 'fetish' - which ain't so!

I agree that a new 'fashion' thread is called for.

I think the the basque style top that barely covers her nipples, and the crotch height split in her skirt had more to do with it, actually.

It isn't subtle, in the message it conveys.  

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Provocative and fetish are two very different things.

They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, quite the opposite. Hard to imagine fetish without provocative (to the fetishist.)

I didn't write that this image was specifically a fetish look, but it is typical (in its suggestive content) of You Tube channels that generally cater for a more fetishistic styles disguised as "fashion". (To give it a long explanation.) Yes, the "look" is provocative, and in a fairly lurid way. Typified by the "CFM" acronym. 

It's obviously a very sexual look, rather than immediately fashionable. It's a look I might see someone from Geordie Shore or TOWIE wearing, to garner interest from hormonal men, rather than bring about comments from those who might be interested in style.

We all have our own borders, and the look under debate is beyond mine. Were I out on a date with someone dressed like this, there would be no doubt in my mind her intention on how the evening was to end.  

P.S.

Whereas the examples I added, the material is used to show off shape - which is my usual expectation when clothes are worn made of leather (or 'faux' versions) with a semi matt or a shiny surface. The three dresses I chose have knees covered (demure) and while two of them have décolletage shown, the accents are for the overall shape of the neckline, not to enhance the shape and allure of the bosom.

I'm not related to Mary Whitehouse BTW. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

48 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Happily?

Jury is still out ..... :D

I like to think I'm pretty easy going about how people dress, and the lives they lead. Although I like to think I have a strong moral compass, I'm not inclined to encroach on what others want, or want to do. BUT, if something appears black to me, I'm going to call it black. It's not going to be 'raven' or charcoal, it's going to be called black. I don't much care if the girls on "reality" programmes dress like sluts, nor if they choose to act like them, but they shouldn't be surprised if I refer to them as sluts if they dress like one and act like one. Same is true of fat people. I don't look at them and think "oh dear, medical problem". I look at them and think "eat too much and work/exercise too little".

When I was at school I knew one fat kid amongst several hundred children. His nickname was "Porkie". He answered to it, and everyone knew who "Porkie" was. He wasn't big boned, he didn't have a 'medical condition', he was fed a poor diet, and lots of it. Until I got the opportunity to over-eat and do much less than I did (circa 35 years old) I pretty much looked like a stick. Thing is, I don't claim I have a slow metabolism, I don't claim any medical problems. I eat too much and don't do anything like the amount of exercise I need to. Consequently, I'm overweight. If anything, given how much I eat, I'm surprised I'm not bigger than I am. 

I'd never 'dress up' my appearance as a short term blip. Nor mitigate it. Consequently, I'm reluctant to do it for anyone else. :huh:

A couple of things - one, she is a celebrity and will be, to some extent, dressing for the cameras and with an eye to her appearance in various glossy mags, websites etc. The need to be provocative and talked about. At that, she looked far less of a tart than many of the others whose pictures have appeared in this thread (assuming we are talking about the same woman, and I think we are)

Provocative, yes, but with reserve. I really didn’t see anything overtly tarty there, let alone slutty. Lots of black leather but she didn’t look to me like she was to be had for the asking.

While I dislike intensely a lot of the bright young celebrity singers and their tart wear,  manly for their lack of any obvious talent, I am not at all judgemental as to people’s clothes or weight. Sure, a lot of people have bad diets and exercise too little and become fat. What of it? People can lead incredibly unhealthy lifestyles and remain stick thin - one needs only look at members of The Rolling Stones. As a journalist, I am always aware that there is always a back story.

People are interesting. I like watching and observing and looking for those stories. I don’t see anything untoward about the lady with her black leather outfit. 

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

A couple of things - one, she is a celebrity and will be, to some extent, dressing for the cameras and with an eye to her appearance in various glossy mags, websites etc. The need to be provocative and talked about. At that, she looked far less of a tart than many of the others whose pictures have appeared in this thread (assuming we are talking about the same woman, and I think we are)

We very much aren't.

The lady in the leather gear looks familiar, but I can't place her. When talking about women (and men) of low moral standards, I was specifically talking about participants in the two "reality" shows I had mentioned.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I am not at all judgemental as to people’s clothes or weight. Sure, a lot of people have bad diets and exercise too little and become fat. What of it?  

My taxes are used to keep them fat. (Taxation funds benefits.)

Recently I have spent a great deal of time wandering the corridors of a couple of hospitals. They are full of sick people (quelle surprise) and MANY are too fat to work, and too fat sometimes to even walk creating a situation where their bodies can't tolerate their life choices. I'm aware that obesity in the UK is chasing obesity levels in the US, as one country's food industry follows the other. With the NHS providing medical care to these greedy people, there is no 'natural' reduction in population that chooses to self-harm in this way.

There is no back-story to people who eat themselves into obesity, save lack of self-control and too much 'spare' government cash paid to them for food they plainly don't need. I look forward to legislation being brought in where medical care, unemployment benefit,  and housing benefit are stopped, when the root cause of needing them is over-eating. 

Just for clarity, I'm not talking about people who might be carrying a few extra pounds, I'm talking about people who are so overweight they can't walk properly. 

I really wish that I hadn't posted the pic of the girl in leather, given the rise in blood pressure that it caused you, dear reader.   I have no idea who the girl is (if anyone) or what she might represent if identified, and I don't care.   As I said before, I merely spotted a pic of an attractive female wearing some rather nice leather clothes and shoes who conveyed a look that combined smartness and sexiness.   Provocative - yes, but only in the sense that it hinted at latent desire in a rather sultry way.   And most women who make a reasonable attempt at 'dressing-up' (and not all do, alas) are surely attempting at least a little provocation?   The top was scarcely indecent and the knee-length skirt, albeit partially unzipped, showed a lot less than many do - with the caveat already noted that it could be adjusted as would be appropriate (or not!).   If that zip was either fully-down, or fully-up, we would likely be in a different realm - imagination is a fine thing but it can run away with its owner.   (I'm reminded at this point of the schoolmaster who rebuked a boy thus: 'Stop whistling that filthy tune!').

For the record, I would be distinctly embarrassed to be seen out in an ordinary public setting with a female companion if she was really provocative/tarty in appearance (however one might define the boundaries of such a look).   Most of the women in so-called reality shows (not that I am a fan) provide examples.   But I wouldn't consider that the girl in my pic has crossed that line.   And certainly not as closely as do skin-tight latex or PVC skirts or dresses, even if showing no thigh (see examples above), or wet-look leggings.   And conceivably - now there's a word to ponder  - my opinion of any of these women would change for the worse when she opened her mouth - and I'm referring to how she spoke and what she might say - or if her conduct was in any way raunchy.

Time for a cold shower, methinks.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Shyheels said:

On a subject more germane to this thread, here’s this from the CNN website:

http://edition.cnn.com/style/article/the-adorned-nange-magro/index.html

Excellent link. B)

14 hours ago, Puffer said:

I really wish that I hadn't posted the pic of the girl in leather, given the rise in blood pressure that it caused you, dear reader. I have no idea who the girl is (if anyone) or what she might represent if identified, and I don't care.   As I said before, I merely spotted a pic of an attractive female wearing some rather nice leather clothes and shoes who conveyed a look that combined smartness and sexiness.   Provocative - yes, but only in the sense that it hinted at latent desire in a rather sultry way.   And most women who make a reasonable attempt at 'dressing-up' (and not all do, alas) are surely attempting at least a little provocation?   The top was scarcely indecent and the knee-length skirt, albeit partially unzipped, showed a lot less than many do - with the caveat already noted that it could be adjusted as would be appropriate (or not!).   If that zip was either fully-down, or fully-up, we would likely be in a different realm - imagination is a fine thing but it can run away with its owner.   (I'm reminded at this point of the schoolmaster who rebuked a boy thus: 'Stop whistling that filthy tune!').

For the record, I would be distinctly embarrassed to be seen out in an ordinary public setting with a female companion if she was really provocative/tarty in appearance (however one might define the boundaries of such a look).   Most of the women in so-called reality shows (not that I am a fan) provide examples.   But I wouldn't consider that the girl in my pic has crossed that line.   And certainly not as closely as do skin-tight latex or PVC skirts or dresses, even if showing no thigh (see examples above), or wet-look leggings.   And conceivably - now there's a word to ponder  - my opinion of any of these women would change for the worse when she opened her mouth - and I'm referring to how she spoke and what she might say - or if her conduct was in any way raunchy.

Time for a cold shower, methinks.

Well, for my part I'm glad you did post it. She is stunningly beautiful, and I very much like her outfit. However, I stand by my (provocative) comments. ;) :P :DI did consult the "in house style guru" aka Mrs Freddy, who pretty much agreed my latter comments, though thought I might have been a tad harsh. (Including those referring to people carrying too much weight.) She was however surprised to hear my school 'chum' used to run a fairly successful brothel, despite his weight. He died some years ago, doubtless a weight related illness. :rolleyes: The drugs and one time beating from a rival 'firm', I'm sure did not affect his life expectancy at all. Nor (if rumour be believed) his penchant for 'testing' his employees. I'm told this is 'bad form' in the business, but I would have no idea .... -_-

Add to Geordie Shore and TOWIE; "Love Island, Big Brother/C.B.B. Where lewd behaviour is part of the programme itinerary,  both on and off camera. And for whom "less is more" clothing, is their main style.

And finally ..... I've bought some PVC looking leggings. Story to follow, with pictures later in the week. :)

Edited by FastFreddy2
Grammar + spelling + too much personal detail ....

I thought the CNN story was rather interesting. I was surprised to come across it. My first chance to contribute meaningfully to the thread!

Barbara Palvin, aged 23 years. (Looks about 14.)

44EBAEEC00000578-4938162-Going_hell_for_44EBAEC800000578-4938162-Going_hell_for_

44EBA58400000578-4938162-Biker_girl_Sauc44EBB13100000578-4938162-Biker_girl_Sauc

I'm liking those ankle boots. VERY HH4M. B)

Lots of shiny....

Who is she?

From Hungary, sge used to be a Victoria Secrets model.

3184376600000578-0-image-m-45_1456332643

She has some history with photoshoots as a motorcyclist (passenger):

Barbara-Palvin-in-Leather-on-a-Motorcycl

Edited by FastFreddy2

Well, I suppose the first four pics show an outfit suitable for biking but I for one don't find unzipped trouser bottoms attractive.   And the heels on those ankle boots are simply ugly; I wouldn't consider wearing them or want any woman to do so.