Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

'Wet look' or shiny leggings?

Leggings duly noted! And looking classy, not trashy

She looks very stylish and elegant in all of the images. 

Yes, a choker can be very attractive on almost any woman, young or old.   But only if it is the classic 'Victorian' style, typically in black satin or velvet, not more than 1" deep and with a small jewel (single or cluster), brooch or pearl at its centre.   An example:

9d1994c7e7d99a23b352d80fe2905466--hallow

I wonder too if such a choker (with minimal embellishment) could look good on a man, worn with an open-neck shirt in, say, white silk?   Certainly no more flamboyant than an ordinary neck-tie (such as Shyheels favours) or a foppish cravat.

• Like 1

Touché on the necktie jibe!

yes, the Victorian choker does indeed look elegant. I like that very much. But that is a long way from a heavy leather three inch collar with an oversized brass ring

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Touché on the necktie jibe!

yes, the Victorian choker does indeed look elegant. I like that very much. But that is a long way from a heavy leather three inch collar with an oversized brass ring

Indeed so - whether suggestive of fetish or slavery, the big 'choker' is hideous imho.   As a general rule in fashion, less is more (provided that decency is maintained), at least with accessories, including shoes (e.g. narrow straps and/or barely-there sandals).

34 minutes ago, Puffer said:

Indeed so - whether suggestive of fetish or slavery, the big 'choker' is hideous imho.   As a general rule in fashion, less is more (provided that decency is maintained), at least with accessories, including shoes (e.g. narrow straps and/or barely-there sandals).

Each to their own.

I will agree a slim choker as you prefer is 'dressy' and perhaps even élégant, but I favour the choker style I have enjoyed over the past 40 or so years. Typically thicker, typically black, often velvet too. The fashion/modern version is generally thicker of course.

Mrs Freddy bought one made of leather while we were in Ibiza back in 2000 or thereabouts. It was an artisan/locally made fashion product, sold in the midnight market at Elvissa. You'd think it was made for a man's wrist it's so small in diameter. She hasn't worn it for some time, sadly .... :(  

7 hours ago, Puffer said:

I agree with the less-is-more motto - except with boots, of course, where more, or rather, taller is generally better - up to a point anyway, the point being not too far above the knees!

Old enough to know better, or looks good despite her age?

Looks good to me .... 

4348960B00000578-4794262-image-a-73_1502

And she's wearing a heel ..... 

4348961100000578-4794262-image-a-71_1502

Yep, works for me ... ;)

Full article >> here <<

Edited by FastFreddy2

No idea who she is, or how old she is.   Don't think much of the outfit - the trousers are not very flattering (on her) and open-toed heeled boots with cleated soles look as though they have been cobbled together (literally) from spare parts left over from various other shoe styles.

I tend to agree with Puffer. Not flattering and for the life of me I can see no sense to open-toed boots.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

No idea who she is, or how old she is. 

You are joking surely?

Don't know the 56 year old Carol Vorderman, twice winner of "Rear of the Year"?

Main-Vorderman.jpg

599412e068695_CarolVorderman.jpg.c66f9a092eb79d78b423f9faa89ef2a2.jpg

I have heard of her, but not being British and raised on your TV shows, I'd never have known her. I am sure I must have seen her picture at some point, but it never registered sufficiently that I could recognise it at random like this. She certainly has a good figure for 56 in which case I modify my comments about the leather trousers - she does look good in them. Still can't go with peep toed boots, but there again brave and confident of her to wear them.

1 hour ago, FastFreddy2 said:

You are joking surely?

Don't know the 56 year old Carol Vorderman, twice winner of "Rear of the Year"?

I do indeed know (and like) Carol - but I find it hard to recognise her from the initial pic you posted, with her face turned away and a different hairstyle to what I associate with her.   She looked at first sight more like a younger Petula Clark, but Pet wouldn't wear those clothes and is flat-chested.   Carol does wear her age well but I'm still not over-keen on the trousers, on anyone.

That's true, with the face looking away it would be hard for anyone to recognise her

Edited by Shyheels

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

That's true, with the race looking away it would be hard for anyone to recognise her

... except for Freddy, who is clearly very familiar with her bum (and probably taught her all her mathematical skills too).  :wub:

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

... except for Freddy, who is clearly very familiar with her  :wub:

Very true. B)

Sadly, not as familiar as I would like. ;)

I think tucking in the shirt is what spoils the effect of the trousers. Had she a looser more flowing top the overall effect would have been much better, a counterpoint to the harder look of the leather trousers.

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I think tucking in the shirt is what spoils the effect of the trousers. Had she a looser more flowing top the overall effect would have been much better, a counterpoint to the harder look of the leather trousers.

She is well known for her tight fitting clothes, (yay) that accentuates her silhouette.

She has done well to keep the shape she has, but I fear she is losing the weight/size control battle. :(  That said, she still has a better figure than most of the Geordie Shore female participants. And quite a lot of the younger chavvy women I see in supermarkets.

She has done very well indeed. But again, I think not tucking in the shirt, as a minor concession, would have been better

Headline should read: "Complete air-head wears PVC jeans" ..... The heiress Millie Mackintosh. (Yes, that Mackintosh.)

More pictures, same pose >> here << 

• Like 1

Well, I don't know who she is - what else is new? - but she is certainly flying the flag for the style. I think she looks really good in them (as did the breathless reporter on the DM) very comfortable and at ease in the style.

I notice she used a soft jumper as a counterpoint to the shiny hardness of the PVC - a good look

I followed the where-to-buy link. They are nice PVC jeans but I prefer the Topshop version myself.  

Well, I don't know who she is - what else is new?

She was on a "reality" show called Made In Chelsea for a couple of seasons. Family is worth millions having sold out to Nestle in 1988.

If you had eaten a Quality Street, Rolo, or Toffee Crisp in your youth, you possibly contributed to the family wealth.

I followed the where-to-buy link. They are nice PVC jeans but I prefer the Topshop version myself.  

I didn't look at all the links, but yours were there too. ;)

48 minutes ago, FastFreddy2 said:

She was on a "reality" show called Made In Chelsea for a couple of seasons. Family is worth millions having sold out to Nestle in 1988.

If you had eaten a Quality Street, Rolo, or Toffee Crisp in your youth, you possibly contributed to the family wealth.

I didn't look at all the links, but yours were there too. ;)

I missed out on those chocolates in my youth so I guess I didn't contribute. I was eating M&Ms....

Nice to see they had the good taste to include mine in the list. Maybe one day I'll be a celebrity....

• Like 1

On 13/08/2017 at 1:16 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

More news as it arrives..... :D

Did the trial, took a photo, and then forgot to post. Duh!

599abf166e6ee_650btrial.jpg.8b347634147ff17ba5c71baea70e2a76.jpg

The tyre on the rear wheel is fatter (2.2) than I would normally use, with me preferring 1.95's as a reasonable width for the trails and grass I usually ride on.

There is still adequate clearance with the swing arm bounced up and down with me on it, but large amounts of mud could fill the cable connection of the rear derailleur with goo. That said, it could also be true with a 26" wheel (which I have managed with other bikes in my younger/fitter days.)

Bearing in mind the cost of an upgrade wheels/tyres/tubes, together with a new fork, I am wondering is there's any real value in doing it. It's not like I live on the bike, though an air fork would make it more lively.

Jury is still out.... :rolleyes:  

If you really want a 650B bike, save the money you would have spent on the upgrade to your old one and apply it towards the eventual purchase of a purebred 650B. 

I've got one, a hard tail. But with 40 years of improving homes, cars, motorcycles, computers and girlfriends, it's very hard to look at anything without wondering what I could do to improve its/their performance. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2