Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

'Wet look' or shiny leggings?

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I wear them because I can. ...

Exactly!   And you wouldn't need (or probably want) to wear either shiny PVC or OTK boots if you were climbing Everest - 'because it is there' and fulfilling enough by itself.

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

Exactly!   And you wouldn't need (or probably want) to wear either shiny PVC or OTK boots if you were climbing Everest - 'because it is there' and fulfilling enough by itself.

Indeed! Climbing Everest (never attempted) or rafting grade 6 rapids (which I have done) or rounding Cape Horn in a yacht (also done) offer their own sense of fulfilment - neither less no more than exploration of the inner self, but requiring different clothes...  

While I like my PVC jeans, I do not wear Lycra while cycling. 

Edited by Shyheels

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I wear them because I can. And while that may seem eccentric - and I know you meant that in the best sense - and I couldn't care less about this little eccentricity. It is a belated pushback against years of conformity, a badge, if you will, of my inner bohemian. A bit adolescent, really, this sort of badged rebellion, but at this late date I guess I am making up for lost time. 

"Adolescence" in a nutshell. This was such a funny character it produced a full length feature film, which I first saw at the movies. B) All so pertinent still.

I really get the 'making up for lost time' notion. When people are asked about their previous life, the standard answer is "they'd do it all again". Not me, I'd do it all differently. At 20/21 I'd have dug into something that was going to make me wealthy while I had the energy to do it. (Instead of being rudderless, and fairly bohemian in my outlook.) I'd get myself financially secure, THEN prance around like a dandy, trying to make enough media heat to become a 'luvvie' due to the interest in my dandy-ism. A bit like Grayson Perry, but a tad more exotic. Boy George, or Marilyn without the drugs. Of course all three have/had underlying artistic ability - I'd  think of something. I used to draw well enough to be accused of tracing, and I can take a fairly good portrait, so hard work and enthusiasm would have at least made it look like I had skill. ;) :D 

When you hear about 'misbegotten-youth', think of me. Working 6 months of every year, living off savings for the other half. Womanising as a full-time occupation ... Nightclubs 5 out of 7 nights .... Bohemian, oh yes.

Bringing things back on track .....

This is declared as PVC, but I suspect might be latex .....

421A246A00000578-4673478-image-a-46_1499

The less tasteful (or even less tasteful) view of the rear ..... Do not look if you are likely to be offended ...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/07/03/421A241E00000578-4673478-image-m-45_1499394592138.jpg

Full article >> here <<

Yes, the lady in red is not sporting a look that appeals to me - and yes, I'd say this is latex of some sort. Not PVC.  I much prefer the demure look.

Also PVC makes such a strong statement that its use really needs to be kept to a tasteful minimum, and then paired with something soft as a counterpoint. 

One can do that with classy black PVC jeans, but not red, and certainly not with latex.

Edited by Shyheels

1 hour ago, FastFreddy2 said:

"Adolescence" in a nutshell. This was such a funny character it produced a full length feature film, which I first saw at the movies. B) All so pertinent still.

I really get the 'making up for lost time' notion. When people are asked about their previous life, the standard answer is "they'd do it all again". Not me, I'd do it all differently. At 20/21 I'd have dug into something that was going to make me wealthy while I had the energy to do it. (Instead of being rudderless, and fairly bohemian in my outlook.) I'd get myself financially secure, THEN prance around like a dandy, trying to make enough media heat to become a 'luvvie' due to the interest in my dandy-ism. A bit like Grayson Perry, but a tad more exotic. Boy George, or Marilyn without the drugs. Of course all three have/had underlying artistic ability - I'd  think of something. I used to draw well enough to be accused of tracing, and I can take a fairly good portrait, so hard work and enthusiasm would have at least made it look like I had skill. ;) :D 

When you hear about 'misbegotten-youth', think of me. Working 6 months of every year, living off savings for the other half. Womanising as a full-time occupation ... Nightclubs 5 out of 7 nights .... Bohemian, oh yes.

I would certainly do quite a few things differently - and certainly, getting myself financially set would be high on my list. Not going out and being the corporate the, but using my gifts to better advantage and hopefully being better aware of opportunity wen it arises, instead of seeing it six months, or six years, later and in hindsight. But I would also certainly be more willing to express myself, assert myself, and not concern myself nearly so much with the opinions and expectations of others.

• Like 1

"Jury is out" with this one.

The look is good, but the wearer has (in)famously had 'a lot of work done', though I quite liked her personality I saw during the one and only series of TOWIE I've ever watched.

422931F000000578-4678958-image-a-4_14995

More >> here <<

I agree. The overblown facial work grabs too much attention. As a whole, taking away the face and head, not a bad look for the PVCs!   

What is TOWIE?

I never watch TV and what I know about celebrities you could chisel on an aspirin tablet...

Edited by Shyheels

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

What is TOWIE?

I never watch TV and what I know about celebrities you could chisel on an aspirin tablet...

The Only Way Is Essex.

One of the earliest (if not the earliest) twenty-something "reality show", based on a bunch of fairly unattractive individuals living in/around Brentwood in Essex. Being broadcast from a commercial station (so well paid), together with the promotional work being a cast member provides, most of the cast will be moving toward being millionaires by the time the show meets it's sell-by-date. Or rather, when the producers realise it has reached its sell-by-date.

"Dialogue" is the same you will hear if eavesdropping a group of 12 year olds. There is no 'plot'. I watched to see girls strutting around in 'bandage dresses and heels. It became a bit of a pantomime, with "geezers" getting gobby between factions, and women being cheated on by their boyfriends. Made for poor quality viewing by the end of the series I watched. (Might have been second or third season.)

Most of the cast drive Mercs or very quick sports cars. Its a bit galling, but I'm too old to care for long though much simpler to stop watching. I am missing nothing.  

I like Chloe (pictured) or did right up until I found she was a smoker, which I find quite unattractive. That said, she's sincere, with a back-story that keeps her grounded. I'm happy for her to have her new life.

Edited by FastFreddy2

I had never even heard of that show - which probably gives a good indication of my knowledge of pop culture. I would be hard pressed to name any of the shows on TV these days.

I could walk right past any number of A list celebrities without having a clue who they are!

Works for me ......  ;)

4253BB0D00000578-4696574-image-m-14_15004253BB1C00000578-4696574-image-m-12_1500

From >> here << No need to look, this is it.

A Z-list member of a "reality show" that is nothing to do with any reality I understand.  

Exposed midriffs and the Barbie look doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid. 

Edited by Shyheels

I hadn't noticed anything past the leggings really. 'Black wet painted look' is good for me.

I'd prefer them longer, but the 'wet paint' look works very well. ;)

I am also not a fan of the latex look - too fetishy. 

I guess I am kind if conservative on these things

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

There is such a thing as overwork...

When it comes to women wearing latex or leather, that situation is hard to imagine ..... ;) :D

Dave Berry (Capital Radio show presenter) tells the anecdote of why his relationship with girlfriend of 5 years Heidi Range, may have broken down. (She used to be in the Sugarbabes, a 3 girl pop group that over a number of years completely replaced every one of the original members before being disbanded.)

The story goes that Dave was at home alone, playing on his X-Box, when Heidi arrived home from a day filming the video for a song that had all the girls wearing latex outfits. She had kept hers on, arriving home in her latex outfit, and asking Dave if he was "coming to bed"? He tells of how he preferred to keep playing on his X-Box .... Sad individual, and he admits to it. Had I have had the same offer, the outcome would have been vastly different. I don't have a 'fetish' for attractive girls in latex, but ....

Heidi is on the right:

article-0-0DD2C74C00000578-236_634x898.j

The video "Easy" ..... (Which I had not seen before today.)

Slightly better quality imagery ... A 32 second German report on 'the making of' .....

Edited by FastFreddy2

Evidently the guy was not the romantic type. 

I am not into the fetish aspect of things at all. But boho-chic or naughty-but-nice can be very fetching if done stylishly with with subtlety.

On the subject of PVC jeans I may have to go back to Topshop for yet another pair. I have been actively losing weight and now - or at least very soon - could probably manage their (admittedly stretchy) 30 inch waist. 

Edited by Shyheels

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Evidently the guy was not the romantic type. 

He would by his own admission, confess to being a complete "twat" over their relationship. Apparently she wanted marriage and a family, and he didn't (as spending nights in on an X-Box might reveal).

She moved on, and is now engaged to/loved up with, a man who I would consider an 'upgrade'.

I am not into the fetish aspect of things at all. But boho-chic or naughty-but-nice can be very fetching if done stylishly with with subtlety.

I see 'fetish' as something involving sex, and something required to make an event happen. If I had a fetish, it would be stockings (in 21st Century parlance ~ hold ups), and high heels; both worn by my partner. Anything else; corsets, chokers, rubber, shiny, piercings, specific perfumes, would all be icing on the cake. Like a very high heel, I think 'shiny', and especially latex, is suggestive. No different to a heavily filled, low cut top, in the understanding of most people.

These two are not wearing latex or imitation leather for fetish reasons (both outfits available from Topshop under the H.o.u.s.e. of C.B. brand), but to garner attention from prospective lovers and the media. (Which they rather obviously succeeded with.)

4302C97000000578-4765202-image-a-77_1502

Full articles an LOTS of identical photo's >> here <<

On the subject of PVC jeans I may have to go back to Topshop for yet another pair. I have been actively losing weight and now - or at least very soon - could probably manage their (admittedly stretchy) 30 inch waist. 

That's a bit embarrassing. In the (further) absence of any cycling time by me, my waist feels to be getting larger. I really do need to get a wiggle on! :o

Edited by FastFreddy2

Not at all embarrassing - I am quite pleased at the smaller waistline even if it means requiring new jeans. I am thinking PVC jeans need to be fairly snug fitting...

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Not at all embarrassing - I am quite pleased at the smaller waistline even if it means requiring new jeans. I am thinking PVC jeans need to be fairly snug fitting...

Not embarrassing for you, but me:huh:

You're doing fine, getting fitter/slimmer. Despite the milder weather, I still haven't been out on my bike. I'm about to have the money for those tyres you mentioned, but I might be converting my bike from 26" to 27½" wheels. No point in buying tyres for 26" wheel if I won't be using them.

"Decisions, decisions." Or I could just ride my bike .... :rolleyes:

I think you will find it is not possible to convert a bicycle from 26" to 27.5 tyres (650B). The frame and fork just won't allow it. 

I would just ride your bike. 

And with the Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres, forget about flats.

And for me, I need to decide whether to revisit Topshop while they still have their black vinyl Moto Jamie jeans jeans with 30" waists in stock or just stick with the (now) looser 32"!

Edited by Shyheels

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I think you will find it is not possible to convert a bicycle from 26" to 27.5 tyres (650B). The frame and fork just won't allow it. 

The fork isn't an issue, since an 'air' fork is on the shopping list, in place of the heavy coil sprung fork the bike came with.

A fat 26" wheel (as delivered) has the same diameter as a less fat 27.5"/650b, so again, something of a non-issue with the rear wheel. I have a second bike here with just such a back wheel, so when my schedule (and nursing duties) allow, I intend to trial fit the 27.5" wheel to the 26" bike. MTB's aren't built with the same tyre clearances as a road bike, and mine has disc brakes so are unaffected by wheel diameter. The later model of my bike comes with 27.5" wheels and and a different fork.

I would just ride your bike. 

That is a very good suggestion. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2