Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

'Wet look' or shiny leggings?

From another page found on the link above ....

Perhaps something like this would help (in the absence of spanx)?

58f19271ad1e6_TerryRichardsonpicture.jpg.f7398d6f28c8e1047a76921c43902ae7.jpg

Shame the bottom of those boots have been cropped out of the frame.

P.S.

Giving up meat, would probably help with any 'pot-belly challenge', should anyone here be thinking of taking one. Bread, I'm finding, also has a lot to answer for - in my diet at least. Watching a programme recently on how the Normans took on the Saxons in 1066 revealed an interesting fact of the times ... 70% of the soldiers food intake consisted of bread. Back then of course, people were generally smaller, in all dimensions. ;) I like brown wholemeal bread so much, I could easily live on a diet that was 70% bread, though maybe wouldn't enjoy the size of the likely diminutive portions offered back then.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Not a look that is in any way appealing to me. 

You're quite right - bread has much to answer for in the waistband sense. 

In my case it is a matter of exercise. I have been travelling far too much this past year to have been as physical as I usually am. Looking trimmer my nice new shiny Topshop PVCs is but one of many benefits to shedding theweght Ipropose to shed in the next couple of months. 

Edited by Shyheels

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

shedding the weight I propose to shed in the next couple of months. 

I had the same plan for last year, and DIY/decorating work got in the way. Oh, and an allotment that I gave up this year. (Spent 3 seasons digging rubble out of the ground, finally realising it was more of a civil engineering job than growing produce situation. Doubtless someone else will get the benefit of my hard work, but at least the ground will finally become productive. It was left as wasteland for something like 6 years before I got started on it and was part of a building site before that.)

I've not ordered up those tyres yet (need to earn some pennies) but they are in the frame as an urgent purchase. Before they arrive, I will have to suffer punctures - when I finally wipe the dust off my bike and pump up the tyres of course. I've access to some long tarmac/hardpack routes that while being "off-road" don't offer the challenges of cross-country cycling. They are good routes to build up a bit of stamina, not that I tend to suffer fatigue problems with cycling limiting myself to 10-15 miles sorties. I would love to go further, but 'tyre reliability' has been a bit of a problem, soon to be resolved I hope. B)

22 minutes ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I had the same plan for last year, and DIY/decorating work got in the way. Oh, and an allotment that I gave up this year. (Spent 3 seasons digging rubble out of the ground, finally realising it was more of a civil engineering job than growing produce situation. Doubtless someone else will get the benefit of my hard work, but at least the ground will finally become productive. It was left as wasteland for something like 6 years before I got started on it and was part of a building site before that.)

I've not ordered up those tyres yet (need to earn some pennies) but they are in the frame as an urgent purchase. Before they arrive, I will have to suffer punctures - when I finally wipe the dust off my bike and pump up the tyres of course. I've access to some long tarmac/hardpack routes that while being "off-road" don't offer the challenges of cross-country cycling. They are good routes to build up a bit of stamina, not that I tend to suffer fatigue problems with cycling limiting myself to 10-15 miles sorties. I would love to go further, but 'tyre reliability' has been a bit of a problem, soon to be resolved I hope. B)

Yes, those Schwalbe marathons pluses  are brilliant. I ride a great deal during the winter and the last thing I feel like on a nice brisk early morning run is to stop and repair a puncture with frost-reddened hands, or in cold pouring rain. Happily I ride out in the mornings confident that it won't happen. It never does. They are brilliant tyres - the tourers and commutes gold standard.

I intend to get back out there and get fit and trim once more....

Nobody might ever see me in my PVCs but I will know I belong in them much better...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 3:48 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

Another one, trying to get in on the act ....

A popular act.

And why not?

A lesson learned in the home office this week - wearing PVC jeans when it is chilly is not so much fun! 

On 4/28/2017 at 9:20 AM, Shyheels said:

A lesson learned in the home office this week - wearing PVC jeans when it is chilly is not so much fun! 

Leggings underneath the PVC - I'm never without them. Unless it's 30' outside, then maybe ....

And while I'm here .... Rita Ora (who?) Not one image of her from the side, to show her heels. :rolleyes: Typical of the DM picture editor, who is very obviously a breast man, not a leg man .... :angry:

Edited by Tech
Adult images removed.

Never thought of leggings...Doh!

I have some lightweight merino base layers which would do the trick nicely...

This Rita certainly knows how to wear PVC...

12 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Never thought of leggings...Doh!

I have some lightweight merino base layers which would do the trick nicely...

As you might guess, I'm more the Primarni end of the market ...... I buy 2 pairs from ADSA for £10, or two pairs from Sainsbury for £12, unless I buy at one of their 25% off clothing weekends. Merino would be nice, but way too warm for all year use. It's VERY seldom too warm for me to be wearing leggings underneath trousers, but it has been known. Even while digging in an allotment in the height of summer, I was wearing leggings, but then mostly to avoid insect bites (ticks). Hopefully it worked, as I have an unusually high reluctance to get Lymes.

Thinking about it, I don't wear leggings while cycling in summer. I have some very nice 'scuba' leggings for cooler weather though. They are REALLY nice to wear. ;)

12 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

This Rita certainly knows how to wear PVC...

I thinks she has a taste for fetish. 

I'm not a fan. She seems to be popular in the celebrity circle, but I've no idea why? Rumour had it she was a singer, but no songs? 

I wear base layers for cycling in winter - I go out year round when I am not travelling. I am fortunate in having been given several pairs to review over the years so I am well stocked with sheer merino. 

Never heard of Rita Ora. Clearly she likes her PCV.

I tone down the look when I wear mine - long linen shirts or jumpers, canvas trainers, more "boho" than anything else.

But the addition of merino base layer underneath would be a very good idea!

Edited by Shyheels

33 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Never heard of Rita Ora. Clearly she likes her PCV.

More likely PVC. ;) :D

Rita in heels ....

590322cdbad17_RitaOrainredOTKboots.thumb.jpg.2a47dea5d449845bf3973fd8679be918.jpg590322d13876c_RitaOrainwhatcouldbed2squaredboots.thumb.jpg.d8deeca026c9e1d0d9e9312d8f75f8f5.jpg

590322d54238d_RitaOrainZanottiheels.thumb.jpg.717a212b9646021ec8b9ccd7682567a1.jpg

As you say...PVC!

She seems to like her heels too!

But who is she? I have never heard of her. People seem to become famous for being famous...

Edited by Shyheels

Latex ..... (512k limit? I don't think so, 300k more like ....)

5903265a1c713_RitaOrainlatexstockings.thumb.jpg.a1cdda9b9c87034f8b0c05f71a89be42.jpg

Black latex dress under coat ...

59032671c1acd_RitaOrahidingblacklatexdressonwaytoparty.thumb.jpg.19d4f687882b32bbc57336aa649b4494.jpg

And finally .....

590326a0e58a1_RitaOrainpinklatexdress.jpg.27567a100b681328550aeff92ea636f0.jpg

Edited by FastFreddy2

Doesn't exactly go for the demure look does she? :)

The Hot Chicks look like they would be a major challenge to walk in well...

Edited by Shyheels

38 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

But who is she? I have never heard of her. People seem to become famous for being famous...

Daughter of a Kosovo refugee family, who can sing. Her singing career faltered (label difficulties) and she dated a fairly well-known designers son. Still makes the occasional singing appearance, but is now better known as a judge on a talent show (or two). Being treated as a full-bodied model/fashonista. Growing into being famous, because she is well known (in some circles). The picture above with her in the Zanotti heels and white shirt, was when she might have been doing some work with Karl Lagerfeld. 

Edited by FastFreddy2

On 4/28/2017 at 12:30 PM, Shyheels said:

Doesn't exactly go for the demure look does she? :)

The Hot Chicks look like they would be a major challenge to walk in well...

Almost impossible, though some manage with practice.

Better example ..... (go to 2 mins into vid for walking bit)

Expert review .....

Pure, (intentional) voyeuristic entertainment.

I am woefully ignorant of celebrities and pop culture...

How on earth do these people manage to pop up out of nowhere - often with little or no talent (I am not speaking here about Ms Ors as I've no idea about her taken) - and manage to become celebrity icons with their pictures in magazines and, presumably, healthy bank balances? What am I doing wrong?

I know a woman, a friend of mine, who is very adept in heels and even she hesitates to wear the Hot Chicks - although this may be because she is a perfectionist and anything short of gliding perfectly would be anathema to her. 

1 minute ago, Shyheels said:

What am I doing wrong?

In no particular order ....

1. Born in the wrong era.

2. Not a girl.

3. Probably unwilling to get major breast enhancements.

4. Probably unwilling to get lip and cheek fillers.

5. Probably unwilling to have sexual relationships with people a TV company introduces you to, while cameras are filming everything.

6. Very definitely unwilling to spend 5 years of your early twenties with a camera pointing at you.

Need I go on? :D

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I know a woman, a friend of mine, who is very adept in heels and even she hesitates to wear the Hot Chicks - although this may be because she is a perfectionist and anything short of gliding perfectly would be anathema to her. 

I have to go out and do some work, and possibly get a hair cut - my first in 6 months.... But "we'll" have to discuss this a bit more - I hope. :D

Edited by FastFreddy2