Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

'Wet look' or shiny leggings?

I was walking along the park near the citadel one night in Belgrade and found myself standing beside this incredibly tall family. The father, in his 50s, was a good 6'9" and big with it, and his wife was at least 6'2". Their adult daughter was about 6'5" in her heels. God knows how tall her little son will be someday. I wouldn't by any means say they were typical of people one meets in Belgrade, but encountering them that evening capped off a day where I - a mere 6' - felt really, really short.

Edited by Shyheels

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I was walking along the park near the citadel one night in Belgrade and found myself standing beside this incredibly tall family. The father, in his 50s, was a good 6'9" and big with it, and his wife was at least 6'2". Their adult daughter was about 6'5" in her heels. God knows how tall her little son will be someday. I wouldn't by any means say they were typical of people one meets in Belgrade, but encountering them that evening capped off a day where I - a mere 6' - felt really, really short.

Jeez, how would I feel? :o

I've always liked tall girls .... Imprinting when I was 8 or 9? Anyway, I've had taller girlfriends and very much enjoyed them, in a carnal way. Had I known about 'the land of giants', who knows where I'd be now, or rather - who with?

No ..... I would never have gone. I've had a long held theory about travelling for love. My thinking is; if you HAVE to travel more than 20 miles away from home, you are looking for/expecting to find the wrong person. While this won't relate (or appeal) to everyone, the people/personalities "you" grew up with, are most likely going to be the same people you will get on with throughout your life - if you are going to get on with anyone that long. Having a longterm relationship with someone outside your own cultural background must be a risky(er) business. It's not like longterm relationships have short odds at working anyway.  

I am NOT saying it can't or doesn't work, what I am saying is, the odds of success get longer. :) That said, I did have a French girlfriend (who lived locally to me) for a while, who I quite liked. But our 'cultural' differences pushed us apart. Meaning, she was happy to smoke dope when the chance arose (I went round one evening to find her and some bloke I'd never met before smoking it) and I'm pretty much not into drugs. To the point I have several, if not many, unused prescriptions from the doctors I've never used. :rolleyes: [Duh!]     

I can identify with pretty well all those comments, Freddy.   On the odd occasion I have met a truly desirable woman who did live more than about 20 miles away, I knew that it would never work out long term.   And the idea of moving abroad (or even to the next county) has never really appealed, and certainly not to gain a woman.

As I'm 6' 1.5" (or thereabouts), I have always considered tall women preferable if not essential.   (My wife - a mere 5' 7", to please note. :wacko:)  Certainly, I have felt somewhat uncomfortable if with one shorter than (say) 5' 6" - regardless of heels (which, alas, are never worn permanently anyway!).   I have certainly enjoyed brief relationships with a few in the 5'10" - 6' 0" range that were enhanced by their height.    Strangely, my brother and both my sons are a little taller than I - and two of them have partners of around 5' 4".   Their choice! 

Well, I have been married twice both times to women from entirely different continents to the one where I was born and raised, so I am certainly no follower of the 20-mile rule!  But then my second wife - 16 years now - is someone who is as world-based in her thinking as I am. She's English but I met her on the other side of the world, and began seeing each other in various locales. We were two peas in a pod - much the same as if we had grown up in neighbouring villages I suppose.

I am six feet. I have generally gone with tall women. Wife is 5'9". I went out with a gorgeous redheaded basketball player once - she was about 6'1". I still hear from her. I don't know how tall her husband is but her youngest child is 6'9"

On 23/03/2016 at 10:38 PM, Puffer said:

As I'm 6' 1.5" (or thereabouts), 

On 24/03/2016 at 5:21 AM, Shyheels said:

I am six feet.

Do you two have green skin and climb beanstalks quite a bit? Shout "HO HO HO" all the time? ;) :D

I am almost 6 inches shorter .... Maybe I wear heels 'cos I need to? ;) 

Well, I certainly never considered myself vertically challenged until the past few years. Everybody seems so tall now. Likewise I used to have trouble finding size 14 trainers when I was doing a lot of distance running during my twenties. Now it is dead easy to find them that size - and bigger.

6 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Do you two have green skin and climb beanstalks quite a bit? Shout "HO HO HO" all the time? ;) :D

I am almost 6 inches shorter .... Maybe I wear heels 'cos I need to? ;) 

(i) Yes, after extensive work on copper plumbing alterations; (ii) Never; (iii) Not continuously.   However, the younger daughter of my next-door neighbours (whom I have known since birth) has always enjoyed being 'frightened' by me over the garden wall*, told me I was an 'ogre' and has called me 'Shrek'.   [* prosecution pending]

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Well, I certainly never considered myself vertically challenged until the past few years. Everybody seems so tall now. Likewise I used to have trouble finding size 14 trainers when I was doing a lot of distance running during my twenties. Now it is dead easy to find them that size - and bigger.

You are right; people are getting taller.   But I've never felt uncomfortable with my height - just right in my view - although shoes (UK11, occasionally UK12) used to be a problem in the 1960s, but no longer (at least in men's styles :o). 

I met a guy the other day whose son takes a size 18 shoe. (we were talking about how big our kids were getting - he comprehensively trumped me!) I would imagine any interest the kid might ever have had in heels would be dead in the water.

Edited by Shyheels

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I met a guy the other day whose son takes a size 18 shoe. (we were talking about how big our kids were getting - he comprehensively trumped me!) I would imagine any interest the kid might ever have had in heels would be dead in the water.

In this country, yes - but probably not in the US.  

My father (6' 4.5") took a UK13 or 14 shoe and for years had to have them made; the Co-op had a bespoke service then at an affordable price for the usual boring men's styles.   And he had a large bunion on one foot which did not help.   Then he discovered 'Magnus' and was able to buy off-the-shelf.   My two sons (both around 6' 4") take nothing bigger than UK11, luckily for them.  My first grandson (born last August) is predicted to end up at 6' 2", a comfortable height, and I doubt his feet will exceed the 'family standard' either.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Big feet run in our family - pardon the pun. 

... but, if your nose runs while your feet smell, then you have been made upside-down.

11 hours ago, Shyheels said:

As 'we' know, I will take photo's of high heeled shoes out in the world.

There is a single exception to this, a man in his middle-to-late twenties, out shopping with a woman who I hope was his mother. He had the largest feet I have ever seen, ever! I have a photo taken I hope, with another foot close to his as a reference. I must dig it out. Lovely shoes too, but the size of a swimming flipper. :huh: He was quite tall, around 6' 3" maybe a tad higher, nice looking too. 

Is it true what they say about men with big feet .....  Owning a size 8, I don't really want an answer. ;) :D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Great tread this one. I have been on the search for leggings and shiny trousers aswel. I m not the smalest guy so I easely run into size 18. I have found some cool pairs. This is a blue biker legging from Bonprix worn together with my Orchard ankleboots.

Sizes do vary as I got some from ASOS not shown here but there I fited a UK20 best.

IMG_8353R.jpg

IMG_8354R.jpg

IMG_8355R.jpg

IMG_8356R.jpg

These were rather disappointing .... Though they felt great to wear. ;)

Primark coated trouser £13 - Oct 2016.jpg

Ooops, forgot to mention. £13 from Primarni. 

Possibly, a bigger size might have worked better, but they felt comfortable and didn't need any help keeping them on my waist.

Edited by FastFreddy2

I have long fancied the idea of owning and wearing a pair of rock-chic style PVC jeans, but for the longest time finding such wear on the high street - avoiding the fetish stuff - proved to be nearly impossible. Happily though, PVC appears to have come back into fashion in a big way, judging by a few of the fashion blogs I've read. Topshop has made a version of their classic rock-chick Moto Jamie Jeans http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/jeans-446/moto-black-vinyl-jamie-jeans-6106483?bi=80&ps=20 in shiny vinyl (black, red, yellow and white). They sold like hot cakes, but I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a pair in shiny black before stock ran out. (I understand they will be restocking them as of next week)

I really like them. They are very well made, high waisted, classic skinny jeans - ankle grazers - but in shiny vinyl/PVC rather then denim. Nothing fetishy, just rock-chic cool. I wear mine with a long wool jumper and trendy canvas  sneakers to tone down the overt tartiness of PVC. More the boho fashion blogger look.

Not cheap, at £55,  but then not often found on the high street and certainly not this well made. There is a reason they sell so quickly. Quite nice and worth a look if you are in the market for PVC jeans.

Edited by Shyheels

On 02/01/2016 at 7:53 PM, Shyheels said:

The PVCs arrived!

I love 'em!

Nice to step outside the envelope!

might just become part of my home offce dress code - the joys of beng self employed

On 15/03/2016 at 4:46 AM, Shyheels said:

Saw and bought a second pair of PVCs! Really busting loose here They are more like the shiny PU faux stretch leather mentioned further up the thread than genuine hard and glossy classic PVC, but still.... Need to lose a few pounds to wear them, as they are quite tight at the moment but that will provide a good motive for shedding weight after the past three months of nearly constant travelling and eating too much on planes...

On 17/03/2017 at 3:02 PM, Shyheels said:

I have long fancied the idea of owning and wearing a pair of rock-chic style PVC jeans, but for the longest time finding such wear on the high street - avoiding the fetish stuff - proved to be nearly impossible. Happily though, PVC appears to have come back into fashion in a big way, judging by a few of the fashion blogs I've read. Topshop has made a version of their classic rock-chick Moto Jamie Jeans http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/jeans-446/moto-black-vinyl-jamie-jeans-6106483?bi=80&ps=20 in shiny vinyl (black, red, yellow and white). They sold like hot cakes, but I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a pair in shiny black before stock ran out. (I understand they will be restocking them as of next week)

I really like them. They are very well made, high waisted, classic skinny jeans - ankle grazers - but in shiny vinyl/PVC rather then denim. Nothing fetishy, just rock-chic cool. I wear mine with a long wool jumper and trendy canvas  sneakers to tone down the overt tartiness of PVC. More the boho fashion blogger look.

Not cheap, at £55,  but then not often found on the high street and certainly not this well made. There is a reason they sell so quickly. Quite nice and worth a look if you are in the market for PVC jeans.

Sounds like you have quite a collection? ;)

On 16/03/2016 at 11:57 AM, Russ in boots said:

How about these? Very shiny... I picked them up in a local charity shop.

PICT1410a.jpg

Been a year, almost to the day since I first asked ....

Any details on the shoes please? :)

Nearly.

I got rid of the others - the Topshop ones were exactly what I wanted. 

they seemed to have been exactly what others wanted too - they sold out like hotcakes.

Edited by Shyheels

23 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

they seemed to have been exactly what others wanted too - they sold out like hotcakes.

I hope I get to see them when they re-stock. The link doesn't show what they look they now, so they've maybe gone completely?

And now it does!!

58d0003eb461b_TopshopMotoPVCtrouserMarch2017-55.thumb.jpg.a1fdc11a56bc9e2d8f21e6023c40b17b.jpg

Them's shiny!

To be honest, £55 is a bit out of my league really, but I have been known to do be uncareful with my money in the past. :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2
Included picture.

Before I posted I wrote and asked them if they were going to re-stock and they said they were going to, this week. I really like them. They are classic rock-chick jeans only made of (slightly stretchy) PVC instead of denim. Classy. Not cheap, no, but worth it (to me). I wear mine with jumpers and trendy Converse trainers, to dress-down the hard shiny PVC look.  Nothing fetishy, more funky bohemian. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Before I posted I wrote and asked them if they were going to re-stock and they said they were going to, this week. I really like them. They are classic rock-chick jeans only made of (slightly stretchy) PVC instead of denim. Classy. Not cheap, no, but worth it (to me). I wear mine with jumpers and trendy Converse trainers, to dress-down the hard shiny PVC look.  Nothing fetishy, more funky bohemian. 

Not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal.   And, for those wearers who are worried that their gender might be doubted, the fly is the gent's way round!

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Nothing fetishy, more funky bohemian

And a new fashion trend is born. ;) :P :D

Actually, from the style sense, it makes sense. It's probably quite a balanced look. B)

• Like 1

Not my wife's cup of tea either - anymore. She used to be quite a rock chick though and liked her PVC way back when. That said, she is very understanding. When I was having trouble finding my size (they sold out really fast) she made quite an effort on my behalf to help me track down a pair. 

Yes, Funky Bohemian - my occasional look at the office. The joys of being self employed. Dress down Fridays like nobody else's!

Edited by Shyheels

Two more things to say in favour of PVCs - on cold soggy dreary days such as this, when the rain is streaking down the office windows, a pair of slinky PVC jeans is  nice and warm and snug to wear. Throw on a jumper, get the coffee perking, and you're set!

And the other great plus, of course, is that PVCs never need ironing... :-)