Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

'Wet look' or shiny leggings?

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

(And I am totally sympathetic to their plight and very grateful that I live in an area where flooding is unlikely - although it has happened badly a few miles away in the past.   An excuse to wear thigh boots ...?)

Still very apt, "pleasant sailing at your end of the bay country". Though it's been raining here for hours, with some roads getting kerb deep in water. Herts isn't known for it's flooding either, generally. 

We are fortunate here. It would take a near Biblical flood to reach the floorboards of our house, on the upland where we are, although our garden is certainly getting soggy. El Nino is giving everybody a very weird and in many cases unpleasant December. 

I don't know where we are regarding uploads/lowlands, but we are circa 8 miles from the nearest river, and a good mile or more from the nearest pond.

There was an episode of Grand Designs that I missed, (twice apparently) that featured a home owner with a property on the banks of the Thames (I think) who had experienced flooding a number of times. The 'solution' was to put his house on mechanised stilts. From the clip I saw, I would guess the work got flooded while in progress. (Nature getting in the last hurrah.) I'm looking forward to seeing it, as I'm sure it will come around again, and I'm very interested in the idea.

While searching for a clip ..... I found the episode I want to watch!! >> here <<

Turns out the fella bought a plot on an island with the intention of having his new home built so it will tolerate flooding. (It floats.) I'm looking forward to watching the programme! Sooooo pertinent!! B)

26 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I guess the point is to have wet look leggings/jeans, not actually wet ones!

Warning: I have not watched every second of these video's. Viewer discretion advised.

Must float someone's boat ...... >> clicky << who would have thought? :huh:

And this is just ..... Well ...... Unbelievable!  >> clicky2 <<

Finally, the jackpot ..... >> clicky3 <<

Who knew? :D I put the search criteria "girl in wet leggings" to get a picture, for a follow-up comment. :o

Edited by FastFreddy2

The PVCs arrived!

I love 'em!

Nice to step outside the envelope!

might just become part of my home offce dress code - the joys of beng self employed

14 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The PVCs arrived!

I love 'em!

Nice to step outside the envelope!

might just become part of my home offce dress code - the joys of beng self employed

Pictures!!!! :D

Good news. "All comes to he who waits" .... ;)

On 09/12/2015 at 1:44 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

So the next attempt was at a Large. Here is the result:

566785b88a329_ZarasizeLflaredtrouserinPU

A good length, to being up to an inch too long depending on the heel height (those worn here are 5½" high), but some snipping and a little glue would resolve that. So why did they go back? Weeeell, the waist was a little too big. There's no belt loops, so a belt couldn't be used. The thighs were comfortably tight, and wanted to pull the loose waistband away from the waist.

I was/am really disappointed these didn't fit. They looked good, and felt great. Wasn't overly struck by having a zip, especially since the waist lining was elasticated, but there was no danger of the zip being broken as these were so loose.

This style has been taken off the racks in the shops, probably in preparation for the January sales, which are REALLY popular at Zara stores. If I ever see another medium, perhaps I'll give them another go. Did I say I was disappointed? :D

I found a pair in the sales at £15-99. Report to follow. B)

I don't know if these leggings/jeggings (shiny or otherwise) from Lidl, from Thurs 21st, are of any interest; at least the price is reasonable!   (But I doubt that the Esmara shoes will excite too much interest here!) 

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

I don't know if these leggings/jeggings (shiny or otherwise) from Lidl, from Thurs 21st, are of any interest; at least the price is reasonable!   (But I doubt that the Esmara shoes will excite too much interest here!) 

Nice find. B)

569da572049d3_ESMARAjeggingsfromLidl.jpg

They may not be long enough in the rise (sit too low on the hips) but if I can find a pair, I'll certainly try them. ;)

I think Heels is showing Lidl leggings, bought last year (but will no doubt confirm).   I am hoping to visit that emporium for a look-see shortly; not sure if I'll buy but am curious.

Saw and bought a second pair of PVCs! Really busting loose here They are more like the shiny PU faux stretch leather mentioned further up the thread than genuine hard and glossy classic PVC, but still.... Need to lose a few pounds to wear them, as they are quite tight at the moment but that will provide a good motive for shedding weight after the past three months of nearly constant travelling and eating too much on planes...

On 1/24/2016 at 9:49 AM, Puffer said:

... and I thought AC/DC was something to do with transformers.   :)

Just realised my silly mistake above - and I hasten to rectify it. :angry:

On 15/03/2016 at 4:46 AM, Shyheels said:

Need to lose a few pounds to wear them, as they are quite tight at the moment but that will provide a good motive for shedding weight after the past three months of nearly constant travelling and eating too much on planes...

Winter has been very long this season, given it started so early in 2015 (Or 2014 given we saw so little sun last year.) I too could do with losing a little off my waistline. :rolleyes: I'm hoping to get some time on my bike, which will help, as will 'breaking my back' down at the allotment. :huh:

• Like 1

You've got the right idea! I am back from quite a while overseas and am rather appalled by the pot-holed state of the roads. Not so keen to ride as I was expecting to be. Certainly not going out before dawn, as I usually do, even with my top-shelf headlamp.

still, the rewards of shedding a bit off the waistline will be worth it! 

Oh, and I meant to thank you again for the consise and thoughtful discourse on the differences between PU and PVC which you laid out earlier. It was really helpful. My second pair of 'PVCs' were more like the softer, more modern, leathery and form-fitting PU you described and I have to say they are much nicer. I like them a lot. Yet I would not have bought them had I not had the benefit of your advice. So thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Oh, and I meant to thank you again for the consise and thoughtful discourse on the differences between PU and PVC which you laid out earlier.

You are very welcome. Of course, A PICTURE is worth a thousand words .... ;) :P :D

• Like 1

Alas, I am always behind the camera, never in front of it....

As a photo-journalist I have a great face for radio and the perfect voice for print...