Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Autumn/Winter 2015

On 19/12/2015 at 2:45 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

I had mentioned before, there was a Plan B, to do with a PU pair of long boots priced at £39. They were ordered this morning. :huh: I have not included any detail, as to avoid the mandatory 'jinxing' of the order.

While out and about window shopping, I had another look at the Office red patent courts. They're on my list. :D

I haven't seen them yet, but apparently they have arrivedB)

5678022092c95_GemmabootfromPublicDesire.

From >> here <<

Edited by FastFreddy2

P.D. thigh boots with 5" heel in PU.... 

The shoe part of the boots fit very well. Might have been made for me ..... (That's the good news.)

Despite having a zip from the foot arch to a mid-calf position, the ankles are loose, as is the bulk of the shaft. :( Not flapping around in the wind loose, but not anything close to 'fitted'. I did think to cut the shoes out of the shaft material as the 'shoe' fits so well, but the soles are paper-thin. This is a nightclub item, or bedroom attire, not serious walk-anywhere footwear.

They appear to be well made though, and I would think good value for money in other circumstances. If I can make time to take a photo tomorrow I will, but they are going back:unsure:

On another note ....

The Office patent shoe with 5" heel previously priced at £70, has gone on sale at £32 !!!!! :)

A reminder ....

5679dff574afe_OfficeelastricstrapcourtsA

No size 8's .... obviously .... :rolleyes:

That's a pity. With a zip they should be very well fitted. 

An increasing number of people have large calves - and larger bodies in general - so what would be seen to fit a standard leg these days might be fairly large...

• Like 1

The boots do very much look like shoes with leggings attached, which (from your description, Freddy) is how they are apparently constructed.   Is that why you liked them, or are you really wanting a more conventional 'one piece' thigh boot?

If the former, it seems to me that you are not really gaining anything that close-fitting leggings worn with court shoes would not provide.

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

That's a pity. With a zip they should be very well fitted. 

An increasing number of people have large calves - and larger bodies in general - so what would be seen to fit a standard leg these days might be fairly large...

All true.

I had hoped the stretch function, and them being a slim fit to start with, might have put them on a par with the Zara boot? Which I know to be very slim and very stretchy, possibly why they are priced at £139, not £39?

Oh well. :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Puffer said:

The boots do very much look like shoes with leggings attached, which (from your description, Freddy) is how they are apparently constructed.   Is that why you liked them, or are you really wanting a more conventional 'one piece' thigh boot?

If the former, it seems to me that you are not really gaining anything that close-fitting leggings worn with court shoes would not provide.

Again, true.

This isn't a big deal for me this time, as the shoes fit so well. The Zara version has the same, shoe+sock design. While it was some time ago, I did once own a pair of heels from Honour, that were completely 'sock' material with no reinforcement/support around the foot. They were high, and made of stretch black shiny material all over. They felt like a slipper, and were extremely unstable because of that. I owned them for literally days before moving them on. Black/shiny/high, they sold very quickly. ;)

The shoe plus 'sock' taken to an extreme .... Removable shaft? 

567a7b8a89465_NastyGalgoldheels.thumb.jp

I'd quite like to have a one piece, close fitting thigh boot, just because ....

These are terrifically popular with men for some reason, that I suspect is routed in historic association. Design your ultimate fetish look, how could it not include high heeled thigh boots? Plus, you don't have to have shaved legs to feminise them (legs). Are they not (almost entirely) fantasy? Though fashion and girls seem to love them - if they can get a pair that fit!  

Edited by FastFreddy2

Custom, or made to order, would be the only way to go. Expensive, but perhaps worth it if it scratches the itch. Cheaper to buy ine perfect pair than have ten 'almosts' and many more that are sent back.

you only live once...

If ever I come into an unexpected bit of funds, I may do just that, but the people with the lasts to make a boot that I would want, are even older than me. (I refer to those gentlemen who used to own/run The Little Shoebox of course.)

If I am lucky in health, I might have 5 years of high heel wearing/walking left in me. I am tempted to say I could be buried in those 'made to measure' thigh highs - for my trip to another world, but I know two things about the likelihood of that. 1. I'm not getting buried on land. 2. If I don't make arrangements to the contrary before hand, I'll be getting cremated, which is NOT what I want. (Mrs Freddy has been quite clear on this. She'll organise whatever is easiest.) 

But you are fundamentally correct, in that the best chance of me getting something that fits, is to have it made.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Just to prove that money alone can't make something perfect .....

567c50411e590_EmilioPuccithighboot.thumb

567c51f754da4_EmilioPucciwithskirt.jpg.1

This is larger picture (made from a composite) that has been ever-so-slightly compressed, as the original looked to have been stretched.

567b2a9c6f739_EmiliocompositeII.thumb.jp

Shocking creases ... £737 - in a SALE!

Edited by FastFreddy2

I don't think I need to add a further review. The images speak for themselves.

567b34488bdf8_39PUboot.jpg.c58846e29fe44

567b34470c150_39PUbootdetails.thumb.jpg.

I should mention the heel isn't 5 inches, it's a very wearable 4¾ inches (120mm).

Somewhere I have mentioned/illustrated a pair of OTK boots from the defunct Payless Priceless, which were the boots that got me back into wearing a heel. I really liked them, but they wore out in around a month. Those soles look identical to the Payless product. 

Edited by FastFreddy2
Name amendment. Thank you Puffer.

Hmmm.   I think the boots do speak for themselves, and they look neither one thing nor the other 'to boot'.  

As to the earlier purchase, do you mean 'Priceless' (in UK, and defunct part of Stylo-Barratt) rather than 'Payless' (in USA and certainly not defunct)?   I have a couple of pairs of Priceless boots; the quality (and fit) is pretty good, although I can't vouch for long-term wear.

Those £780 boots, maybe they should of used another model  where the might fit be better. As for the other pair.I take it you be sending them back. I might if I have the time take few photos of me wearing OTK boots and how well they fit on me.I have 2 pairs.

Edited by Heels

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

As to the earlier purchase, do you mean 'Priceless' (in UK, and defunct part of Stylo-Barratt) rather than 'Payless' (in USA and certainly not defunct)?   I have a couple of pairs of Priceless boots; the quality (and fit) is pretty good, although I can't vouch for long-term wear.

I did indeed and have amended my post to show the correction, thank you. B)

For the price, they would otherwise be an acceptable purchase, provide their limitations were understood. "Otherwise" meaning; if they fitted correctly. They are what Mrs Freddy might describe as a 'disposable fashion item, worn very occasionally by a young/inexperienced buyer' who might have low expectations anyway. For me, I expect a shoe purchase to last at least 3 months with continual daily use. Anything less suggests a poor purchasing decision on my part, and a loss of a repeat customer for the seller.

I purchased some leather soled mens shoes from Clarks, some 25 years ago. As was the way in those days, after a couple of days use (to scratch up the soles) I had rubber covers put on the soles. I would have had this done to about 10 pairs by this stage, all without problem. I had always felt it necessary, given our fairly wet climate.

Some weeks later, possibly six, the leather soles began to separate from the shoe. I returned them to Clarks, in the expectation their reputation would ensure I left a happy customer. Not so. The 'manager' of the shop, insisted the addition of the rubber soles had prejudiced the integrity of the shoe. Obviously, I suggested otherwise, and quoted past experience and the UK trend for these rubber tops to be added to leather soled shoes. The discussion got quite heated, but there are few people alive who can manage to speak more loudly than myself. (If only I could hold a tune, I could have made a fortune as a singer. But I digress...)

The conclusion reached was that I got a refund, other customers/potential customers in the shop got damaged ear-drums, and those others in the mall were tempted to call the police to stop a murder being committed somewhere. I had advised the chappie, that if rubber additions were going to prejudice the sole of the shoe, I should have been warned of it at the time of purchase. I was not. On the basis that I wasn't warned, I got a refund. I have not bought shoes from them since, nor will I ever. And, I do my best to stop others buying there. They are not the retailers they used to be, nor allude to be. 

Edited by FastFreddy2

19 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Just to prove that money alone can't make something perfect .....

567b2a119a97f_EmilioPucciboot1230pounds.

This is larger picture (made from a composite) that has been ever-so-slightly compressed, as the original looked to have been stretched.

Shocking creases ... £738 - in a SALE!

------- It's the SKIRT that costs £738.  The price of the boots isn't stated.

16 hours ago, euchrid said:

------- It's the SKIRT that costs £738.  The price of the boots isn't stated.

Yikes!!!!

I'll go back and have a look at the boots .... 

Original post now fixed.

A more detailed/supplemental post added below. :)

Edited by FastFreddy2

This pair of boots are from Tilly of London. Paid about £40 for them. Bought in a size 10 and still have pain after a while in my right foot.

Image00001.jpg.c4cd42bca6729354d4996d3e5

Edited by Heels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FastFreddy2 said:
3 hours ago, euchrid said:

------- It's the SKIRT that costs £738.  The price of the boots isn't stated.

1 hour ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Yikes!!!!

I'll go back and have a look at the boots .... 

If you go to http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#ItemSrv.ashx|SeasonId=62I&CollectionId=AM7&ItemId=2&SeasonMemoCode=sale&GenderMemoCode=women&CategoryId=&SubLineId=shoes&utm_source=CommissionJunction&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=Lyst-US&PID=3852549&AID=10621891 it seems clear that the boots are £737 net and the skirt (separate item) is £738 net.   But the boots are only shown as available in a 37.5!

13 hours ago, Puffer said:

it seems clear that the boots are £737 net and the skirt (separate item) is £738 net.   But the boots are only shown as available in a 37.5!

The reason for posting the picture at all, was to indicate that a £1475 leather boot from a well known designer, might not fit any better than a £40 plastic boot.

I used the wrong title for the picture (I didn't copy the titles/prices from the boots over to the skirt and boots picture - and it was the skirt and boots picture that I wanted to use), the purpose of the picture (that also had the skirt in it) was to show how badly a £1475 pair of boots could look.

The final presented image should have looked like this:

567c6e3d59c32_EmilioPucciboot1475pounds.

I'd missed the absent title change because the sale selling price (£738 vs £737) was so close.

Size availability, the skirt, even the distortion (picture stretching), all distractions. :)

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Like 1

Lets see if I can get it right this time. i can't if tell if they the same boot in both photos in my last two posts.

. First pictire New Look. Second picture Tilly of London.

567c8ba63bfb9_NewLook.jpg.2b7b69bbcdb5ee

Tilly2.jpg.98372f0958ed7a9824ed4df152b04

Edited by Heels

Yep, all good now. B)

The Tilly's seem to be a slightly better fit, but you look to have a similar problem to myself; slim legs? 

On 07/12/2015 at 2:32 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

56583efd56cbb_NewLookbootsatASOS.thumb.j

Email from ASOS late yesterday; "Sorry but ..... Out of Stock." :rolleyes: :angry: Is there a conspiracy? 

Got my hands on a pair of these this week. ASOS must have had a pair returned.

Looked good, with 5 inch heel (almost) ..... But getting them on?

Had the same problem with these, as the Office thigh highs. A part of my foot (bridge might it be called?) Made getting these on almost impossible. No pictures, as they were returned about 2 hours after arrival. First New Look shoes in size 8 I've ever tried that felt like a 7. The NL sticker said UK8/EU42, but inside the shoe the sewn in label said EU41, which in Europe often means UK7. And the shoes were made in Spain ..... :(

You don't know until you try ... ;) 

8 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Got my hands on a pair of these this week. ASOS must have had a pair returned.

Looked good, with 5 inch heel (almost) ..... But getting them on?

Had the same problem with these, as the Office thigh highs. A part of my foot (bridge might it be called?) Made getting these on almost impossible. No pictures, as they were returned about 2 hours after arrival. First New Look shoes in size 8 I've ever tried that felt like a 7. The NL sticker said UK8/EU42, but inside the shoe the sewn in label said EU41, which in Europe often means UK7. And the shoes were made in Spain ..... :(

You don't know until you try ... ;) 

A shame they didn't fit, Freddy, after your frustrating wait.   If they were returns, maybe they have been 'doing the rounds' (and will continue to do so) amongst those who are a size 8 and, reasonably enough, expect something labelled 8 to fit.    What is the connection between New Look and ASOS?   Are these boots also stocked by New Look (shops)?