Sign in to follow this  
Shyheels

Hello

Hello! I have been posting for a while on HHP but have had a hard time logging on here. Got on this morning and thought I'd launch my first posts. I am a regular straight middle aged man who likes tall boots of a look and style that society generally considers feminine. That would be the only feminine thing I wear - indeed no other feminine footwear either, just boots. I look the tall elegance, have for years. Last year after many years of wishng, I decided to do something about it. Life is too short. I have a very lovely pair of Jean Gaborit over the knee boots in grey suede with chunky heels. I love them.

my wife is very good natured and tolerant of my fashion quirk so I am very lucky in that regard.

it is nice at last to be on this forum!

Hello, and welcome to H4M. B)

What country are you in? 

To my (possible) shame I'm not that familiar with Jean Gaborit though the vast bulk of their range seems to be thighboots?

Tall boots are their speciality. They do lots of equestrian, field & country styles and vintage boots for the classic car and motorcycle people as well. In general, yes, tall boots - knee, otk, and thigh. They are building a new website at present which will better reflect their range and style. Really nice people.

i hadn't filled out my profile tagyet, bacause I only just was able to join. I live in the UK, on the south coast. 

I know someone else down your way waiting to get on here ... "Heels" also lives on the South Coast ... I'm wondering if you know each other?

I doubt it. I know few people in Britain. I am relatively new here and most of my work is done overseas, as are most of my contacts!

I doubt it. I know few people in Britain. I am relatively new here and most of my work is done overseas, as are most of my contacts!

Intriguing. ;) :D

Maybe sometime in the future, it might be possible for a small group to meet up? Do you travel in the UK much?

I travel a bit in the UK, mainly overseas. When I am not on the road I work from home, hence my reclusive lifestyle and knowing few locals.   

While I'm happy to spend hours on a computer interacting with like-minded people with similar interests, I like to think that despite me also having quite an insular life, I am in fact quite a social animal. I enjoy meeting people face-to-face, even though most male high heel wearers prefer to stay hidden away in the closet? You will know from your HHplace experience, getting a small group of us together is practically impossible, though I don't know why.  

I've mentioned to Puffer I would like to meet up, and it may be one or two others might too. Since at least 3 of you (and I know a fourth and a fifth), live in the South, I would hope that some day we might all put faces to names. "I have a dream ....." :)

I don't think you have directly suggested that we might meet, Freddy, but I am open to reasonable suggestions.   And I know another (non-member) who might be willing too.   I'm tall, so others might well need to wear heels if we are truly to meet 'face-to-face'.  :lol:   But not if dressed thus: :ph34r:

I don't think you have directly suggested that we might meet, Freddy, but I am open to reasonable suggestions.   And I know another (non-member) who might be willing too.   I'm tall, so others might well need to wear heels if we are truly to meet 'face-to-face'.  :lol:   But not if dressed thus: :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure I made mention of this via a PM? That said, having checked my messages, I don't seem to have sent any since the upgrade? :huh:

Shortly after the government scalped me for the bridge trip to Bluewater, I thought I had suggested that while I would be reluctant to get 'scalped' again, if you were ever over at Bluewater, I'd welcome a chat over a coffee? Possibly I thought better of hitting the 'send' button in case you thought I was a stalker? :D

Seems I have have not sent it, or it got lost 'in transit'? ;)

Hello and welcome to this site. I also live in the south. I have met other members on this site and on HHplace but has been over 2 years now. No one seems to want to met up these days so I stopped trying.

I'm pretty sure I made mention of this via a PM? That said, having checked my messages, I don't seem to have sent any since the upgrade? :huh:

Shortly after the government scalped me for the bridge trip to Bluewater, I thought I had suggested that while I would be reluctant to get 'scalped' again, if you were ever over at Bluewater, I'd welcome a chat over a coffee? Possibly I thought better of hitting the 'send' button in case you thought I was a stalker? :D

Seems I have have not sent it, or it got lost 'in transit'? ;)

I haven't had any PMs on this board to date.   And I don't recall the Bluewater suggestion, although it sounds a good one, and I certainly wouldn't regard you as a stalker/perv/freeloader or even a pernickety plumber!. :unsure: 

If there is a nucleus of like-minded members wishing to meet, it seems that nearly everyone is south of the Thames (mostly well south) so I guess you must save up for another Dartford rip-off, Freddy.   I'm not sure where a good compromise venue might be.  Brighton has its attractions (apart from parking!) but I would be reluctant as I have too many family there.   Would Bluewater be too far north for the coastal dwellers?

Bluewater is a 74 mile drive for me but I would be willing to go there as I have never been there,

Edited by Heels

Welcome here buddy, I too am particularly fond of tall boots with high heels, usually wear my boots with jeans/leather jacket/gloves.  I am always looking to meet up with like minded bootbuds, travel the US extensively. 

Don