Sign in to follow this  
purplespirit

hello all! from a girl adjusting...

just to say hello,

well, im a proper newbe to this sort of thing (iv never joined a forum before, at the age of 22). i decided that it would be good for me to have a chat to other peeps in the same situation, as my partner has recently told me about his shoes. as i love him dearly, (and this is unconditional) i am on track to accepting this into my day to day life, but am still a bit shocked lol!

im curious to know how other women got on when they found out?

hopefully will make a few more friends along the way, and learn a little more.

anyways, feel free to reply, im happy to chat to men as well as their wives and girlfriends (would love to tbh...)

bye xxx:lol::-D

Hi, just thought I'd say welcome and also to be the first to tell you to make sure he knows how lucky he is to have a partner willing to try to come to terms with his choice of footwear.

My own wife said it was a shock when she found out, and it's difficult for her to understand it, and come to terms with my "heel thing". For her she feels it somehow makes me less masculine and she feels less feminine as a result?

Hope you continue to support each other, and that you can both enjoy life together regardless of footwear or any other minor matters. Thanks for joining in.

just to say hello,

well, im a proper newbe to this sort of thing (iv never joined a forum before, at the age of 22). i decided that it would be good for me to have a chat to other peeps in the same situation, as my partner has recently told me about his shoes. as i love him dearly, (and this is unconditional) i am on track to accepting this into my day to day life, but am still a bit shocked lol!

Hope you continue to support each other, and that you can both enjoy life together regardless of footwear or any other minor matters. Thanks for joining in.

@shyguy:

You know I've said this before (once or twice) on other forums .... but, my thinking about age being pertinent to our interest ~ is this;

Around 16 years old to perhaps late 20's, younger people are not so bothered about the personal tastes of others, if they aren't 'mainstream' as most of us understand it. Meaning, were I 25 years old, and I told my 20 year old girlfriend I was interested in wearing heels, I suggest (because I can't know for sure), that there's a better than even chance this would be acceptable to her. Possibly because at that age, I would not necessarily be considered a longterm marriage (ie family) prospect....

Again, later in life maybe when closer to retirement age, to a point where age/time together has given two people both confidence in their relationship and place in life, men wearing heels may not be a complete catastrophe. Some have reported their spouses offer full support if it makes the wearer happy. And if I were to fall into a category at all, I suppose it would be this one.

Seems for most (though not all), the middle years might be the more difficult? The fear of creating the wrong impression in the immediate circle of friends/work colleagues, can be quite a threatening prospect that becomes an effective barrier to experimentation.... What say you?

@purplespirit

Welcome. :-D

Please do let us all know how you get on.

Your views, experiences and suggestions will be of interest to us all. :cool:

Hi Purplespirit,

Welcome to Heels4Men. It is a really nice thing to hear that your man has told you. Much better than being kept hidden. Something we here and at HighHeelPlace advocate to all who ask. It is a "big thing" for a man to say this about himself especially as it really goes against all the social programming we are battered with from an early age. However, this is not a new or small phenomenon. It has been going on for years and years and is a tiny part of the mans desire to crossdress as an escape. Research via web as ther is a lot of good articles to be read on the subject. The shoes are just a subset and then (in my case) I desired to incorporate heeled shoes into my daily wardrobe. So the crossdressing thing was left behind.

Why do guys like to dabble in the crossdressing thing, well one thing is the nice soft things you gorls get to wear. Try wearing guy stuff for a bit and you will know why. We get Lambswool, you get cashmere. Silk for ties only. Thats only the touchy feely reasons leaving all the psychological stuff out fo the equation - nuf said!

There is a definite trend these days to men adopting heels into their daily wear. I've been doing now for nearly 3 years. Anything from flats to 3.5" every day as the mood and style takes me. I steer clear of stiletto heels as I do not feel they suit me and again the heel to me is NOT a sexual thing so the more sensible style, if you can call a high heel in any form sensible, such as cuban is my preferred wear. Has a nice shape and silouhette, can be high as 4" yet still be distictly masculine.

You may not find many girls on here as this is the heels for men board, however you may find it beneficial to register and go to the parent board, High Heel Place where you will find a dedicated female only board as well as the general areas to post in. Also there is lots of discussions on incorporating heels into mens fashion - stiletto heels too, so this may give you some real insight to what has been supressed in men for so long. You may even get to like it and then you will make your hubbie's day when you step out tegether.

Whatever, we here if you need to rant, rave or just seek and explanation.

Simon.

Good for you both I'am glad you get along with the heels thingy, in my case my girlfriend of 26 years now, wants nothing to do with it, she is aware of that side of my life and I am left to get on with it, which I have done all my life. Must admit she found out the hard way, but thats my fault, but we are still together many years later, and I would not change her for the world. Now my daughter knows so does my mum and my sisters, they don't give a dam live and let live they say,

So I will carry on doing my own thing as and when I want, I'am just a guy who likes wearing heels under my jeans (not into anything else girly).

well 1st off very welcome!!!

great to see that you have accepted and support your man on what can be a sticky issue for couples!!

sure he will appreciate your acceptance of him fully!!

i am on track to accepting this into my day to day life, but am still a bit shocked lol!

that is quiet normal, due to the way most people are brought up!! both men and woman!!

for my self its an escape and a fetish, however that varies from person to person!!

as for acceptance, from my point of view most woman accept it and understand it or understand as time goes on, a lot depends on how its done!!

if its hidden and then comes out, then its an issue most times, find that the long easing in of the idea even over a period of months works best!!

one of the best things besides it being out in the open and no longer having to worry what will the wife say if she finds out, is the shopping for heels together, and if one sees a nice pair of shoes, one can share it with ones life partner, if I see a nice pair on the net, can always send her a link or a pic!!

from my side we have an added advantage, in the fact that we both wear the same size!!

life is great!!

as for the other presiding post, great post there guys!!

again welcome