Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

Money-Super-Market Advert

Not with a backside like that ....  :D

Pretty sure they used a womans lower and a mans upper for the effect.  ;)

Amusing though?  :)

There was padding in the shorts. It was a man though. There is a video take off this ad on facebook recently.

I dislike this advert; I find it embarrassing and pointless.   What is it intended to achieve?   I suppose the marketing men in their own distorted world consider that just being memorable is enough - in which case I suppose it succeeds.   Any better ideas, anyone?

First things first ... If I see an advert 4 times, I don't want to see it a 5th time ..... I dislike advertisers doing this so much, I've just about given up watching commercial TV - and when I make an exception, I have a way to avoid their adverts anyway.

First couple of times, the advert was a novelty, though the lower half didn't appear to belong to any Western body so the concept wasn't very polished from the get go. As with Puffer, I can't quite get the point, though John Lewis does this with much success every year. "Memorable" both, but the JL ones are done with exquisite taste - every Crimbo.

The strapline "You're so money supermarket" alienates me.

As for suggestions .....

Camera takes close up of subjects face, and moves backwards widening the overall view....

A hairy tramp, with long (flasher) style dirty rain mac, with drawstring bag over shoulder, swaggers along the road towards the camera position.....

Tramp passes camera, and 3/4 view of tramp slowly becomes full length as he passes, revealing the high heel shoes with "Sale" label finally visible.

Mrs Osbourne then says; "He's sooooo money supermarket".

Concept: Even the poorest people will find bargains at M/S. Memorable? Tramp in red high heels? I think so.  :D