Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

Unisex Stiletto Thigh Boots - Really?

Loads of sellers seem to write for cd, tv etc when selling hgh heels. I just don't see how that help in sales. That not going make me buy that pair of heels. Any men that buys high heels will buy anyway. I check ebay every day for size 9 9.5 10uk but those did not come in my search.

Edited by Heels

I think that the sellers of high heels in larger sizes have two things in mind when advertising their wares as being suited to TVs, drag artists etc:   (i) the belief that they will in fact reach the widest possible market by mentioning every type of potential customer (which, for the reasons stated already, is largely wasted effort, and may even be off-putting if a note of sleaze is implied); (ii) to make male purchasers feel a little more comfortable when doing the deal, and necessarily giving a name and address etc - which may well be helpful and encouraging to those who don't expect a stranger's sympathy and understanding when making such an 'unusual' purchase.

"Unisex" seems to have positive connotations, as might the label; cross-dresser.

"TV/Drag" less so. 'Drag' conjures up an image of a pantomime dame. Not a look I'm after. TV brings visions of men wanting to dress up and 'pass' as ladies. 30 years ago, an opportunity I sometimes may have gotten away with, but not now though. Well, not without a cosmetic procedure to make my facial skin taught once again anyway.  :rolleyes:  :D

I fully understand and agree about appealing to the widest possible market, but does it work? I'll admit to being sceptical, especially as the 'sleaze' aspect rings true.  :huh:

The seller could be a man and selling a pair of his boots, so labelled them as unisex as that's how he sees them. I also see that by labelling them with cd, tv etc could ensure more people see them for sale.

Best way for sellers to gain more possible buyers is to use item specifics well.  If I going to sell a high heel shoe in a size 9uk.  I will tick the correct boxes for high heel and size 9uk.  Now when I do a search for high heels  I have  the filters in place to remove any shoes that are not high heel or a size 9uk. I do want to go through 100's and 100's of size 6uk flat shoes. If the seller does not do this I will miss their item.  I have never used tv or cd in a search for high heels. I missed those boots we are talking about.