Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Missed - Again

My shoe-buying budget has almost entirely been directed at courts for most of this year. Consequently I have not been trawling auction sites or retailers for (ankle) boots, which is my usual wearing style. I quite like the idea of knee/OTK boots, but finding them for my skinny legs?

Last night, while looking for something else (cycle bits) an auction house made some suggestions based on my previous search/purchase history. Sadly for me the suggestions came too late as my size is no longer available in the two styles I liked.  :(

Have a look:

post-40-0-40253300-1413329147_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-66058300-1413329152_thumb.jpg

These look slim enough to NOT have felt/looked like wellies.  B)

post-40-0-26200300-1413329682_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-87698700-1413329682_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-58041800-1413329683_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-36344700-1413329684_thumb.jpg

Stunning.  :wub:

At this time, none of that is available to me. The pictures came with the title "Eva", but do a search for 'Eva' with/without the tag shoe, and zillions of records come up because "EVA" is a type/method of cheap shoe manufacture.

I'm sure these are Chinese imports bought in bulk by a single business, and sold through 4 or 5 auction site based retailers throughout Europe. My only chance of getting a pair, is to stumble across a Chinese retailer selling to Europe. I don't spend ANY time looking in that direction (returns are impossible) so it's unlikely I'll get a second chance.

Although ......  ;)   :ph34r:

They are almost certainly copies of more expensive originals.

When I look at shoes (trawling), it wouldn't be unusual for me to look at over 5,000 styles in a session. I've looked at the auction site 3 times using different search criteria. So far, nothing. Heels with 4.8" height, just aren't common, especially at that price point, as I've mentioned before.

Finding a slim heel at 4" high is easy. A slim heel at 4.5" not so easy, but they're around - usually at a price. (Though Primarni would be my first point of call at the budget end.) Finding a slim heel at that height in an ankle boot for less than £100 is almost unheard of. I know of one other that started life at £160, and there's only one pair left (anywhere) at £99, and that pair is "ex-display".