Sign in to follow this  
KRAZY KEV

Heels Wanted For Fundraising

In November my friend an me are walking around Swansea city centre wearing high heels for children in need.  It will be the second time we have done it

we done it last year but my friends heels suffered damage.

what he has decided is to see if he can get a pair donated for use this year.

here are his details

# size 8/42 feet

# heel needs to be a wedge or chunky heel style

# heel needs to be 4 to 6 inches with around 3.5 inch elevation

# must have an ankle strap

# A Mary Jane or sandal boot would be ideal. 

# Colour is not important but a brighter colour would be best especially red or white

# condition is not important as long as they are not excessivly worn

i have posted a picture of use from last year.  I am on the left wearing yellow sandals.  When the photo was taken my mates shoes had already suffered damage hence the trainers.

if anyone can help it will be very much appreciated.  my mate is willing to pay postage

post-120-0-24806000-1410983960_thumb.jpg

Edited by KRAZY KEV

Try and see if a shop will donate a pair, as it's for charity.

I don't tink you understand the notion of the thread. The two doing the walk (doing the hard bit) are looking for some help -shoe donations from members here- not suggestions on how to find shoes they haven't yet managed to acquire.....

Sorry fellas, I don't believe I own anything suitable. The only pair I did have that ticked all the boxes, I gave away some time ago. I might get the chance to look for some in local charity shops on Monday, if donations are still required. B)

I might be able to help. I have a pair of Barratts size uk9 sandels with a block heel. Minor damage to the back of the heel. Only thing is could be to big for you.

You could try charity shops.

Edited by Heels

I did get they were asking if anyone here could donate a pair, but thought it would be easier and cheaper if they just brought a pair considering the cost of sending a pair to them.

I don't have the right size either.

Edited by hh4evr1

I did get they were asking if anyone here could donate a pair, but thought it would be easier and cheaper if they just brought a pair considering the cost of sending a pair to them.

I don't have the right size either.

These people have done this before. They would have checked their local charity shops before sending out an appeal for help.

This appeal could include "us" going out to "our" local chairty shops to help them source suitable shoes. They (after all) are doing the hard bit; getting sponsors, and doing the walk. Our 'donation' to their good cause might be a little footwork -if it's still needed- to help them with footwear. I suppose it would be ideal if we had something in our respective collections that suited. I did, but they went to the big shoe-box in the sky a while ago ...... 

post-40-0-88555800-1411383171_thumb.jpg

I will have a little look look around charity shops myself later. I don't hold out much hope, but I should try!

I will have a little look look around charity shops myself later. I don't hold out much hope, but I should try!

I've looked in about 8 shops. So far, nothing even close.  :(

Do you ever find any heels in a size 9uk in charity shops.

Very rare in my experience. Size 8 women's shoes/boots also pretty hard to find in charity shops.

Did find 2 pairs of Nine west in a size 8 but was to small. Also found a pair 8/42 from New Look in a charity shop but never tried them on. Had a new woman friend with me at the time.

Do you ever find any heels in a size 9uk in charity shops.

Not that I remember.

Where I am in Herts, is experiencing a terrific influx of immigrants. Many ladies of seemingly African descent have larger feet than their European counter-part. (Just a Asian ladies might usually have smaller feet than their European counter-part.) The consequence to this is there's quite a demand for lower priced shoes in the larger sizes of ladies styles. There is also evidence of this in places like TK Maxx. Only this afternoon, I stood next to a 6' 2" Polish lady in the stores shoe area, who was struggling to find something of interest on the practically empty size 8 shelf.

There must be women with size 8 feet (and maybe size 9 too) donating their shoes to charity shops all the time I expect. The trick might be to get at them before they get bought? My suspicion is, wealthier areas are less likely to have high demand/high throughput. My evidence for this is the quality and range of the offerings I've found in these towns. Unfortunately, I don't live in one.  ;)   :P   :D

Did find 2 pairs of Nine west in a size 8 but was to small. Also found a pair 8/42 from New Look in a charity shop but never tried them on. Had a new woman friend with me at the time.

The Nine West's were probably USA size 8, which mean they were UK size 6.

Hence they were too small!

Not that I remember.

Where I am in Herts, is experiencing a terrific influx of immigrants. Many ladies of seemingly African descent have larger feet than their European counter-part. (Just a Asian ladies might usually have smaller feet than their European counter-part.) The consequence to this is there's quite a demand for lower priced shoes in the larger sizes of ladies styles. There is also evidence of this in places like TK Maxx. Only this afternoon, I stood next to a 6' 2" Polish lady in the stores shoe area, who was struggling to find something of interest on the practically empty size 8 shelf.

There must be women with size 8 feet (and maybe size 9 too) donating their shoes to charity shops all the time I expect. The trick might be to get at them before they get bought? My suspicion is, wealthier areas are less likely to have high demand/high throughput. My evidence for this is the quality and range of the offerings I've found in these towns. Unfortunately, I don't live in one.  ;)   :P   :D

I've always been disappointed by TK Maxx.  Strange shoe styles and they are rarely reduced to sensible sale/discount prices.

The TK Maxx in my home town has also recently scaled down its shoe section considerably.  I doubt I shall be bothering with it at all now.  There's a bigger one in Milton Keynes but so far the strange styles issue has always kept me from buying anything in there.

Charity Shops:  As regards bigger sizes being available in wealthier areas - that's not been my experience to date.

Some better brands (designer labels even) are to be found in them, but unfortunately the sizes typically remain in the 3-7 range.

I shall say nothing at all about the likelihood of large African women (many of those in MK!) wearing stiletto heels, let alone donating them to charity shops.

I did double check the Nine west heels and were a size 8uk. Not only that I can tell just by looking at them if they were a size 6uk. 

Edited by Heels

One of the charity shops I visit (out of habit) recently had some nice looking heels marked as UK8. It wasn't until I had a look inside, and saw "Nine West 8W", I realised I had lusted after them for no good reason. I pointed out the 'rookie' error to the two male volunteers, one of whom sounded so camp I suspected he should have known better.  ;)

I've always been disappointed by TK Maxx.  Strange shoe styles and they are rarely reduced to sensible sale/discount prices.

The TK Maxx in my home town has also recently scaled down its shoe section considerably.  I doubt I shall be bothering with it at all now.  There's a bigger one in Milton Keynes but so far the strange styles issue has always kept me from buying anything in there.

Charity Shops:  As regards bigger sizes being available in wealthier areas - that's not been my experience to date.

Some better brands (designer labels even) are to be found in them, but unfortunately the sizes typically remain in the 3-7 range.

I shall say nothing at all about the likelihood of large African women (many of those in MK!) wearing stiletto heels, let alone donating them to charity shops.

4+ years ago TK Maxx used to have seasonal influxes that made the store worth a visit - but it's no longer the case. I can't remember the last time I visited, and saw something I liked. EVERY time I walk out of the store, I swear I'll never visit again! :D

I often visit what I believe to be the ASOS sponsored "Today I'm wearing" style-image site. A significantly larger percentage of girls with possible African heritage wear heels, over what could be considered Western girls. To put that in perspective, one in ten Westerner girls might be in heels, one in five girls of what could be African descent, might be wearing heels. (Sometimes it's actually closer to 3 out of 4.) So I wasn't thinking they might be making donations to charity shops, rather that those new to our shores who might not have been able to experience the joy of wearing heels abroad, might be seizing the opportunity to buy bargain priced heeled shoes before I get to see them.  ;)

You have met my walking friend, who lives around 400-500 yards from a church. I have been at her house on a Sunday, when the church congregation has left the late morning service. As you might know, being an active Christian isn't unusual for those coming directly from Western and Central Africa. I have watched many women leaving the church and walking past, wearing heels that would be considered unsuitable to many people born here, who believe churches are a place for drab/sober looking styles. These ladies are dressed up to the nines wearing the very best (and often the most colourful) clothes they own. Honestly, I been tempted to go too, JUST to watch the post service fashion parade.  B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Did see a pair of beige platforms with a nice bow and a high heel in a size uk8 in charity shop Saturday.

Did see a pair of beige platforms with a nice bow and a high heel in a size uk8 in charity shop Saturday.

So, you've PM'd Krazy Kev with a picture, and asked if he'd like you to donate them?

I just noticed that the opening poster has now got a pair of heels to wear. I found this out on the other site. I do find it very annoying that  he came on here asking for help and then you don't hear from him.

I just noticed that the opening poster has now got a pair of heels to wear. I found this out on the other site. I do find it very annoying that  he came on here asking for help and then you don't hear from him.

To be honest, there appeared to be very little done here to help, so why would he respond further? A note to say he was 'sorted' might not have gone amiss, but he might also be thinking a second pair might be handy since womens shoes aren't usually made with the expectation a man will be walking in them for miles?