Sign in to follow this  
hh4evr1

Telling My Neighbour I Wear Heels

Some neighbours have parcels delivered to our house if they are out. So yesterday we took delivery for a neighbour. My parents went out and said the lady may come to collect the parcel. I was planning on wearing either a pair of heeled boots or shoes and answering the door..

I wore my western ankle boots (ladies) for a while whilst waiting for her to come. Then took them off as I wanted to wear some definitely ladies boots or shoes. I couldn't decide what to wear for awhile and nearly went back to my slippers. I decided to wear square toe black court shoes with a thicker heel about 3". I wanted her to see, so made sure my jeans weren't going to hide them.

I saw her arrive home and waited for her to come over. I saw her look out her front door and go back in ( think she saw the car gone and assumed no one was in). I decided to take the parcel over.

There was a teenage girl walking past who may have noticed as I walked up my path (I walked slow, so she had gone past before I got to the gate) I went over, the lady opened the door and took the parcel. We stood talking and she hadn't noticed. I moved my foot around to see if she would notice, but nothing.

She confirmed what I thought about seeing the car gone and not coming over. Then asked where my parents had gone. I told her and she asked what I was doing while they were out. This is when I told her I was wearing my heels, as my parents don't like me wearing them, so I wear them more while they are out. She said she hadn't noticed, but probably would has as I left. She looked at my shoes and said they were nice and she has a few similar pairs. I explained I just wear heels (not skirts etc) and I have done since a child. She said she was ok with it and would now look to see my other styles. We chatted shoes for awhile before I went home.

I chose to tell her because I thought she would be ok with it. There are other's I wouldn't tell.

I won't be going out with her in heel, she is married and has children.

It was nice to get a positive reaction though.

Edited by hh4evr1

Black block heel court shoes photo in my gallery are what I wore when telling my neighbour. I can now upload to a gallery, but files are still to big to add in a thread.

On 6/6/2014 at 4:21 PM, hh4evr1 said:

Some neighbours have parcels delivered to our house if they are out. So yesterday we took delivery for a neighbour. My parents went out and said the lady may come to collect the parcel. I was planning on wearing either a pair of heeled boots or shoes and answering the door..

I wore my western ankle boots (ladies) for a while whilst waiting for her to come. Then took them off as I wanted to wear some definitely ladies boots or shoes. I couldn't decide what to wear for awhile and nearly went back to my slippers. I decided to wear square toe black court shoes with a thicker heel about 3". I wanted her to see, so made sure my jeans weren't going to hide them.

I saw her arrive home and waited for her to come over. I saw her look out her front door and go back in ( think she saw the car gone and assumed no one was in). I decided to take the parcel over.

There was a teenage girl walking past who may have noticed as I walked up my path (I walked slow, so she had gone past before I got to the gate) I went over, the lady opened the door and took the parcel. We stood talking and she hadn't noticed. I moved my foot around to see if she would notice, but nothing.

She confirmed what I thought about seeing the car gone and not coming over. Then asked where my parents had gone. I told her and she asked what I was doing while they were out. This is when I told her I was wearing my heels, as my parents don't like me wearing them, so I wear them more while they are out. She said she hadn't noticed, but probably would has as I left. She looked at my shoes and said they were nice and she has a few similar pairs. I explained I just wear heels (not skirts etc) and I have done since a child. She said she was ok with it and would now look to see my other styles. We chatted shoes for awhile before I went home.

That is so cool. Remember, its only shoes. But cool shoes. Good job!!! Always a confidence builder!

That is so cool. Remember, its only shoes. But cool shoes. Good job!!! Always a confidence builder!

On 12/27/2021 at 11:30 PM, John said:

AS you say, only shoes but cool shoes! So why not?