Sign in to follow this  
Eoneleg

Been Gone For A While And Away From Heels

I've been away from here for a while; had major surgery on my leg in early January - this is my only leg. I was on my back with my leg in a fixator frame for two months, then in a very long cast and in a wheelchair until Good Friday when I finally got out of the cast. Even though I can wear only one heel and use crutches, I still have a passion for heels, and cannot   describe how much I missed wearing one for almost four  months.

I am doing agressive rehab on my leg now, hopefull ybe able to walk on it and possibly in a heel around the end of May. Just before entering the hospital, I purchased my first pair of platforms - plat/heel is 2"/6-1/2" very anxious to try it.

E

Glad to hear you are recovering, but it's quite a shock to hear how unwell you have been?

Is the prognosis favourable? Back in a heel by the end of May sounds very optimistic, though no-one could doubt your determination or moral strength for such an achievement.  B)

My best wishes to you, and I hope you recover as quickly as you could hope for.  :)

Thanks Freddie for your kind words - as usual.  For me complete recovery would be tomorrow, but the best I can do is take it one day at a time, although difficult mentally.  I am used to the physical part from past experiences.

E

Hope  you make a full recovery quick and be back wearing  the one heel soon. I broke my leg about 11 years ago. It was 3 months before I could go back to work and another 3  months before I stop limping