Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

Newspaper Article "why Women Wear Heels"

This has got to be the most pointless and incorrect article on heel-wearing i've ever seen.

I think the author and 99% of the commenters are non-heel wearers/ heel fans.  What a waste of typespace.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but women were wearing heels long before that garbage Sex and the City programme ever appeared.  And women are still wearing heels today, many years after SATC has (thankfully) disappeared.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10673404/Sex-and-the-City-heels-The-real-reason-women-hobble-around-in-high-heels.html

Extract from the (significantly) longer article:

I ask my friends why they wear heels and their views differ: dancing in heels is easier than in flats, they look more professional at work, they make their legs look longer, they suit some outfits better and they feel sexier. But the one thing they have in common, is that they all make them feel good.

Julie Wax, fashion blogger for I Heart Heels, agrees. She says: "I think women like to wear high heels simply to feel good about themselves. It's no secret that putting on a really pretty pair makes a woman feel confident and sexy. I think advertising and media has a bit to do with it, but I also think it's just as much about feeling glamorous and sort of transforming oneself if only for just one glam moment."

In a nutshell.  :P  :D

Edited by FastFreddy2