Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

Finally Back In Heels

As posted in the Christmas Wishlist thread I bought myself these post-46-0-91356500-1393873908_thumb.png trainer boots from Asda. 

I had tried them around the house, and although not as padded as some shoes they were quite comfortable even with some strange pains I have been getting in the bottom of my left foot. Anyway, I have been meaning to try them outside the house for a while but always found an excuse (rain, wind, too early, too late etc.) but this morning I was wide awake at 4:30 a.m. and dind't have to leave for work until 6 a.m. so I got up, dressed and put on the new shoes. I walked downstairs, got the dog ready and set off out. 

The heels feel slimmer than they look and walking on the uneven pavement after a long time away from heels wasn't easy.

post-46-0-75198200-1393874650_thumb.jpg

I pressed on though and walked around the block, then out into the streets away from home. Then my foot began to hurt so I took the next turn towards home. Even as the pain worsened I had decided to take the longer route around to my house rather than cut through and just pushed through it. 

All in all I wasn't out in them long, but enjoyed the walk in my new trainer boots. They felt pretty high after all this time in flat mens boots, but they felt good. If only my foot pain would do one I'd be happy to walk much further in them.

The heels feel slimmer than they look and walking on the uneven pavement after a long time away from heels wasn't easy.

Even as the pain worsened I had decided to take the longer route around to my house rather than cut through and just pushed through it. 

They felt pretty high after all this time in flat mens boots, but they felt good. If only my foot pain would do one I'd be happy to walk much further in them.

If it was easy everyone would wear a heel.  ;)   :P   :D

Well done you, for persevering. B)

Not good news about your foot pain though? Is this a short term thing (small injury) or something more serious/long-term like arthritis?  Hopefully something that can be medicated better?  :huh:

As of right now, the foot pain is a mystery. I can only pinpoint it to starting when I got new workboots which I wear 11 hours a day 5 days a week and 6 hours on a Saturday. Over a weekend the pain goes too but that may also be because I'm resting up and not putting weight on the foot.

I can only pinpoint it to starting when I got new workboots which I wear 11 hours a day 5 days a week and 6 hours on a Saturday. Over a weekend the pain goes too but that may also be because I'm resting up and not putting weight on the foot.

Mrs Freddy has had a similar experience with her "work issue" safety shoes. Solution for her was to get management to agree she only needed to wear them while in a hazard area, meaning daily usage down to 1-2 hours rather than the 8 she was wearing them. It's improved the condition, but not completely removed it.

My feet are treated like the delicate instruments of pleasure that they are. While I will wear 'unsuitable' footwear for short periods, I couldn't use footwear that would interfere with my feet for long periods**, and would rather pay for possibly expensive safety footwear if my livelihood depended upon it. I have many times offered to stump up for Mrs Freddy's work footwear so her feet are cosseted while at work. Keeping our feet healthy is a longterm investment after all, and work shoes could be the most expensive shoes we own given how much time we spend in them..... Not that herself agrees.  :rolleyes: Not even if I pay for them! ("They're too ugly." Horses and water?

That said, if you've no other choice, you've no other choice.  :(

** There's little chance of 40+ hours a week in heels BTW. But I'd like to have had to make a life choice about wearing them during my earlier years...