Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Spring/summer 2014

Summer styles are seldom suitable for a man to wear in public - probably.  ;)

I did try some pattern (not patent) leather mules several years ago while out on a very warm evening in London. The result of that trial, was two very sore big toes, with one blistering quite badly. Although the shoes were a good fit, I'm not sure my baby-soft feet are good without some covering. Usually it might be ankle "footsie's", usually double layered. Some of my footwear is large enough to allow (or need) socks.

Summer styles are meant to be worn with naked feet?

Zara is becoming a bit of a style favourite. Not so good for those who are usually on a tight budget, as their styles seldom make a sale price. Quantities are small, with Zara ensuring some exclusivity by not carrying styles for long periods. Here is a style I quite like that provides cover for the toes like 'man shoes do', but has a heel and an open back making them a warm weather shoe too.

post-40-0-93384200-1393200949_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-84549200-1393200950_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-51287500-1393200951_thumb.jpg

The downside(s) ..... £60 and 100% synthetic.  :(  Sweaty feet for free!

Heel height for me [uK8] is around 4½ inches.

Edited by FastFreddy2

they look a bit "Cheap" to be honest, and as for those square overlaps hh4evr1 is quite right!

if your looking for summer styles, why not some of those heeled boots with a cutout side? i will peruse the web and try to find some examples

if your looking for summer styles, why not some of those heeled boots with a cutout side?

I seldom (if ever) browse for summer styles. I did once own a pair of HH mules that ticked all my usual boxes, but wearing them with naked feel just wasn't realistic.

I picked the Zara ones because they have the promise of blister-free wearing, or did right up to finding out they were synthetic. Zara have a number of tantalising summer styles, and their web site is well worth a look. Shoe prices from £30 to over £100, so maybe more than some here would usually spend (including me), but some interesting styles regardless.

ALDO - my usual source of footwear, also has some summer styles I like.

Not sure about boots with cut outs ... but if you find some ..... ;)  

Not sure about boots with cut outs ... but if you find some ..... ;)  

I have seen some very good looking boots with cut outs. That said I'm still not sure about them either.

I think Freddy will go for pair 3

Actually, you have 2 and 3 right, with pair 3 being my preferred! B)

These are also favoured ....  post-40-0-50744700-1394030590_thumb.jpg

And while browsing, I noticed these post-40-0-98889200-1394030783_thumb.jpg  for the first time.

They have a claimed 11cm heel, but doesn't look like 11cm to me?  :(

These could easily be a summer favourite .... post-40-0-86630900-1394031252_thumb.jpg  but not on my feet sadly.  :huh:

They come with a 13 cm heel!! And up to a UK size 9½ !!