Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Ebay And Shopping.

6 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Just won these on Ebay. Four inch wedge heels, quite slim. I think They should be ideal for everyday wear.

Wedge boots 2.jpg

Wedge boots 1.jpg

Hi, Thanks for posting. You photos have come up small. Are you able to resize them.

16 hours ago, Heels said:

Hi, Thanks for posting. You photos have come up small. Are you able to resize them.

Yes, I know. Sorry. I thought I'd saved the bigger picture on the Ebay listing but obviously only the thumbnail. I'll upload more when I get them

Looking forward to seeing them being worn ... Very good choice. (I would have bought too. B))

From the auction site:

Russ purchase.jpg

Those are the ones. Well found. This photo's a bit dark but I think it shows off the narrow heel and wedge. I'll just have to see what my wife thinks of me wearing them.

PICT1930.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Those are the ones. Well found. This photo's a bit dark but I think it shows off the narrow heel and wedge. I'll just have to see what my wife thinks of me wearing them.

Nice boots.   Would you wear them (with or without spousal approval) exposed under trousers like that, or more concealed by longer leg?

Looks like an ideal boot for street heeling without being noticed.

I bought 4 or 5 pairs of heels last couple of months. 2 pairs I am well pleased with. Fit well and seem to be able to wear all day. The other 2 pairs not had the  chance to wear them much. Will post photos later when i have more time,

• Like 1

Bought 2 pairs from New Look onlinne. Returned the nude pair as didn.t fit. Wanted the first pair but bought the 2nd pair to save on postage cost but ended up keeping them. Starting to think  that maybe New look heels are just on the slim size for me. Other brands seem to fit better  and so seem to be more comfortable.

download (1).jpg

Image00001.jpg

Three more from Ebay

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00001.jpg

Edited by Heels

14 hours ago, Heels said:

Starting to think  that maybe New look heels are just on the slim size for me. Other brands seem to fit better  and so seem to be more comfortable. 

As brand-buyers increasingly use Chinese suppliers, I suspect this situation will occur more frequently across better known brands.

I've mentioned before how brands are no-longer reliable for sizing, even amongst their own lines. Carvela/KG/Kurt Geiger being one that used to be reliable, and now isn't. 'Steve Madden' has changed too.

Many of us understand these brands exist as businesses to make profits. I'm not sure how a company selling shoes online will exist for long when their products don't conform to their own sizing guides. Not only will/do returns handicap any pricing structure, repetitively having  to return shoes due to sizing problems will 'switch off' buyers who are not naturally gamblers. Sellers simply have to sell the size their customer is expecting.   

ALDO have this 'size guide' routine on their site now, to help prospective buyers order up the right size. It works by asking which brands/which size fit best. I used this, and was told my ideal size would be their UK 9½. :o 

The only time I've tried this size, it fitted like a loose wellington boot. Consequently, I ordered up 2 pairs of boots in the UK8 I think I am. Both pairs fitted like the proverbial. I managed to mess up the discount order process on the cheaper pair and the OTK boots didn't fit my legs very well (see report elsewhere) so both pairs were returned. That said, should my size be available during a sale period, I might reorder the ankle/shoe boots at the better price which is typically half the starting money.

On 02/11/2016 at 7:36 PM, Puffer said:

Nice boots.   Would you wear them (with or without spousal approval) exposed under trousers like that, or more concealed by longer leg?

I pulled the trouser legs up for the photo to show the heels. These are floor length with the heels. I haven't got as far as skinny jeans with heels, but I'm getting bold enough to wear stilettos with long boot cut jeans. I went round a supermarket in stiletto boots (thanks FastFreddy!) a few months ago and intend doing it again, possibly round a mall.

• Like 1

Found this pair of Nine West mules on ebay. Listed as a 10m uk. Not sure if they are going to be on the big size on me. Not sure about Nine west sizing. Just waiting  for the seller to get back to me. Heel look like to be about 5 inches can only judge be the photo. Nothing mention about heel height in the listing..

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by Heels

On 11/7/2016 at 2:25 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

ALDO have this 'size guide' routine on their site now, to help prospective buyers order up the right size. It works by asking which brands/which size fit best. I used this, and was told my ideal size would be their UK 9½. :o 

The only time I've tried this size, it fitted like a loose wellington boot. Consequently, I ordered up 2 pairs of boots in the UK8 I think I am. Both pairs fitted like the proverbial. I managed to mess up the discount order process on the cheaper pair and the OTK boots didn't fit my legs very well (see report elsewhere) so both pairs were returned. That said, should my size be available during a sale period, I might reorder the ankle/shoe boots at the better price which is typically half the starting money.

Just been on their site for the first time on a long time. Took me a little while to find what you were on about. It/s not with the size chart but you find it when you look up a shoe. Not much  used to me at the moment. Aldo need to add more common brands like Faith New look and Next to be more usefull.

11 hours ago, Heels said:

Found this pair of Nine West mules on ebay. Listed as a 10m uk. Not sure if they are going to be on the big size on me. Not sure about Nine west sizing. Just waiting  for the seller to get back to me. Heel look like to be about 5 inches can only judge be the photo. Nothing mention about heel height in the listing..

I've found older styles (4+ years) came up a bit big on me. 

Newer styles come up small. That'll doubtless be Chinese sized toe boxes.... :rolleyes:

Seller  never got back to me and in the mean time shoes were sold.Had there been more information on the listing I would of bought them at the full price of £15. I always ask the seller when Nine West shoes are being sold if they got the sizing right.  These had the size on the sole which could will be a US sizing. In this case 10m.

Looks like the seller of the Nine West mules has relisted them and since the seller can't be bothered to respond to my massage I won't be buying them. Should add relisted as a size 8uk

Edited by Heels

2 hours ago, Heels said:

Looks like the seller of the Nine West mules has relisted them and since the seller can't be bothered to respond to my massage I won't be buying them. Should add relisted as a size 8uk

Might be worth asking again.

I'm pretty sure some E/B messages don't get delivered, and they certainly don't get delivered promptly.

If you suggested the 10M was a UK8, it may be he's taken your advice and altered the listing to show the correct(ed) size? 

9 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Might be worth asking again.

I'm pretty sure some E/B messages don't get delivered, and they certainly don't get delivered promptly.

If you suggested the 10M was a UK8, it may be he's taken your advice and altered the listing to show the correct(ed) size? 

if he took my suggestion then he would of got my  message.  I just sent him another message any way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russ in boots said:

Now wearing these today at work. Remembered after getting here that I have a visitor arriving, and these heels are noisy!

A man who likes to live dangerously.......  ;) :P :D

Well, the boots look great! Maybe you'll just have to tip-toe around? ;) :D

Nothing was said, although he'd have had to be very unobservant not to notice them. Lovely to wear - I want to go shopping in them, possibly Brent Cross on Wednesday as I'll be in North London with several hours to kill. Of course, I could also wear my stiletto boots...

4 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Lovely to wear - I want to go shopping in them, possibly Brent Cross on Wednesday as I'll be in North London with several hours to kill. Of course, I could also wear my stiletto boots...

If you'd like to put a face to a name, I could meet at Brent Cross.

As for being unobservant, was there any indication of him being uncomfortable in any way? I am wondering if they (forgive the pun) 'took it in their stride' as it were? I ask because I believe people are unobservant for the most part. A good example would be a couple of weeks ago, I fitted a new rad to an empty wall. Mrs Freddy used the room twice, and wasn't aware until I asked her if she'd seen it. She hadn't. :rolleyes: :D 

8 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

... I believe people are unobservant for the most part. A good example would be a couple of weeks ago, I fitted a new rad to an empty wall. Mrs Freddy used the room twice, and wasn't aware until I asked her if she'd seen it. She hadn't. :rolleyes: :D 

Alas, the opposite is often not true, e.g. when hubby takes a cake or biscuit from a crowded plate in a deserted room and the missus spots this discrepancy immediately she enters.   And if a 50p coin is 'borrowed' from her unattended purse ... :o

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Puffer said:

Alas, the opposite is often not true, e.g. when hubby takes a cake or biscuit from a crowded plate in a deserted room and the missus spots this discrepancy immediately she enters.   And if a 50p coin is 'borrowed' from her unattended purse ... :o

Has that person yet to get a visitation at Christmas, from 3 ghosts? ;) :P :D

Thinking about it, that question could be addressed to one or two here ... :wacko:

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Has that person yet to get a visitation at Christmas, from 3 ghosts? ;) :P :D

Thinking about it, that question could be addressed to one or two here ... :wacko:

The answer rather depends on the identity of 'that person'.   But I can say is that this person has an affinity with a saint closely connected with the festive season.   :)

• Like 1

Well, I did it. Brent Cross in stilettos. I then had a walk in Stanmore, through a supermarket to the high street, then along the high street, bought some fish and chips and walked back to the car park. I then took the food into a park and sat on a bench, as per the picture here, with heels in full view to several passers by. What's the matter with people? I'm sure a lot of people noticed, but I got no reaction at all. What have I got to do to get people talking to me about them? ;-)

15252624_1838474493038180_7402006737739881663_o.jpg