Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Ebay And Shopping.

I think things changed some time ago. I bought an SSD drive a couple of years ago at a very favourable price because I'd gotten a voucher off Ebay. For reasons best known to themselves the company (CCL computers) cancelled my purchase and I lost my voucher. Never got a word why, though their feedback  suggests it's not an uncommon practice of theirs.... I would have left negative feedback, but as I had my money returned immediately, the whole transaction was void and I had no part in it at all. (Ebay did give me back the voucher though.)

With that experience in mind, I had someone bid on something of mine, they subsequently realised wasn't what they wanted. No point in forcing the issue, so I said we'd have to go through a cancellation procedure. To my surprise, I found there was no need for any agreement, and cancelled the sale just as CCL had done to me. As far as I can recall, as I had given a full refund immediately with no case raised, I got full credit for my fees. So much for the bidding/sale process being binding... I suspect I only managed to get the negative feedback in this time, was because the seller has kept my money pending the clearance of an echeque. The cancellation status is 'pending' allowing me to red-card the seller. 

Edited by FastFreddy2

It is very rare for me to leave negaive these days. With sellers being forced to give full refunds including return postage I see no need to give any feedback at all.. I only give negative feedback if the seller gives me hard  time  in trying  to avoid giving me a refund or II don't receive a full refund. 

Bought 2 more pairs of high heels from Ebay. One pair from River Island and the other pair from Faith.

Image00001.jpgImage00002.jpg

21 hours ago, Heels said:

It is very rare for me to leave negaive these days. With sellers being forced to give full refunds including return postage I see no need to give any feedback at all.. I only give negative feedback if the seller gives me hard  time  in trying  to avoid giving me a refund or II don't receive a full refund. 

I may have only done it twice before. Once certainly, and for a toe-rag selling Win7 "Retail", that found me taking delivery of a used (so useless) OEM version. I was one of about 5 people he scammed. He was booted off days later, with a full refund from either him or the auction site.

Here is a screen shot of the negative feedback I left. You will notice he/she has something of a track-record ....

Negative feedback.jpg

I got my refund 10 calendar days later. (As promised by PayPal.)

I also got a rude PM from the seller, telling me to "get over yourself". Apparently, it doesn't matter what you've agreed with a sale, if someone bids higher after you've paid, they get the goods: "that's the way it works". Not according to Ebay it isn't. :angry: 

Edited by FastFreddy2

On 22/05/2016 at 9:43 PM, Heels said:

Just Bought this pair,

$_57 (52).JPG

On 24/05/2016 at 5:52 PM, Heels said:

Did manage to take a heel measurement, which is 130mm

On 24/05/2016 at 8:02 PM, Heels said:

The label on the box the heels came. Has them marked as So Kate 120 metal patent. So the seller got the bit about the  model  right. 

I have been intrigued by the heel height of these shoes, ever since I saw them. While Pleaser do several styles with this sort of heel height (and higher) at significantly lower cost, these are plainly, a very élégante shoe. I had in mind to acquire a pair, until ....

The plan was to get myself 'sized' for a pair that would fit, then wait until some new or nearly new shoes turned up on an auction site. The Italian "41" does appear from time to time, and I once tried a Pigalle in a 41½ that fell off, so my hopes were/are high. The immediately comparable shoe, the Jimmy Choo Anouk, I know I would need a 41½ as the 41 was uncomfortable.

Reading the So Kate had a height of 130mm, had my choice made for the £30 more expensive S.K. over Anouk. Both claim a 120mm/4.7 inch heel. The Anouk only available in black leather to special order, which puts it above the £425 price of the Loubies. Buying from someone on the auction site should produce reductions on both those prices - I would hope.

So.... I needed to check if the Kate's were 130 or 120mm. Took two visits to London, and Selfridges, the first finding both Louboutin and J.C. having sales (of odds and ends) with queues I did not join. Yesterday evening, I got into both places very late in the trading day. In fact the J.C. 'booth' was empty but for me.

I use my middle left finger as a gauge. The top of the knuckle when bent at 90' gives me a length of 120mm or 4¾ inches. Any heel higher than my knuckle with the heel tip level with my finger tip, is a good height. ;) B) Anything that goes noticeably higher, is practically, a 'must have'. :)

Neither the S.K. nor the Anouk were higher than the Office 'On Tops' I have here. (See picture). The office shoe, while not being 100% leather, nor hand made, come in at £65. At this time, I don't see the point (for me at least) in spending several hundred pounds on a shoe I'll likely keep in a box (as I do) that I could acquire for significantly less money. So I likely won't be making a purchase after all.

Secondary to this conclusion, I now wonder how the shoes sold at auction, look to have a higher heel, and measure higher too? I didn't just check one pair of the So Kate 120's, I checked at least 5 and it might have been 6. All the same, circa 120mm or just over, as expected. So what conclusion does this draw? Louboutin claim the following heights: 

Victoria 160mm (with serious platform)

Lady Peep 150mm (with serious platform)

Bianca 140mm (with platform)

Hot Chick 130mm - no platform. A link to a YT video elsewhere, indicates even dedicated wearers can't keep these on for long.

So how did those other shoes in a So Kate box, look and measure so high? Either the genuine Loubies have varying heel heights by size, and being handmade, maybe they do. Though why call a style '120' another '130' if that isn't what they are?  Alternatively, and this could be a provocative conclusion, where those shoes on the auction site 'fake'? :o

Full comparison 2.jpg

This shows my 'finger gauge' in action. Patent shoes on the left are 134mm high, the leather ones in the centre are 123mm high. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

I am also doing some research into CL shoes. I think the So Kate Model would be a better fit then the Pigalle model for me any way.  I think I might have to go to a CL store in the end.Try a few pairs on and find the model that suits me best. I don't think the pair I bought were fake. Truth I am sort of glad I was able to return that pair I bought. Might be worth spend a little more and get a new pair from a shop.

Edited by Heels

Made a bid on this pair last night sort of got out bid at the last moment. I could of put  another higher bid in but they went for £45 in the end. It was a private listing which sort of put me off and i don't want to pay over retail price. Still a very good looking shoe. 

$_57.JPG

£45 is a lot of money for shoes on Ebay unless they are retailed, and returnable.

They are a nice shoe. Bit reminiscent of a Dune style I once nearly bought. I tried a size 8 in a store (might have been HoF) having asked a young (ethnic) man for the size to try. I don't suppose he saw many men wearing heels in his social circle, but he did well to avoid both looking shocked, and/or giggling. I'm sure the story made interesting 'banter' later...

The shoe fitted well, despite Dune styles coming up a bit small for me. I couldn't make up my mind as they were quite pricey. If ever they went in a sale, I missed them. 

Good choice. Shame about the price.

I have a major problem when it comes to shoes  with ankle straps. Sometimes I can do them up easy or on the rare occasion I just can't do them up. Those last heels shown could be a major problem for me That strap seems to be placed right in the wrong place for me to be able to do up easy.. Knowing my luck if i had to sell them on again I expect to onlty get half what I paid for them.

I can't do those straps up the River Island heels. Not a problem I thought, those straps can be removed and I have another pair of straps I could use. I thought those replacement straps would be longer but are not, but on the heels they come of from I can do up easy. Both sets of straps  are set on different parts of my ankle.

Edited by Heels

I hadn't bought anything for a while having had that disappointing experience with the Office shoes .... Succumbed on Saturday to a pair of courts. More on those if they arrive, and if they are in good shape....

"Epilogue" to the Office shoes .... Whoever bid higher didn't like what was sent. The shoes are back up on sale, and at a higher price. :rolleyes:

Mules look to be reasonably at the moment, or open toe ones are.

On 01/08/2016 at 9:55 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

I hadn't bought anything for a while having had that disappointing experience with the Office shoes .... Succumbed on Saturday to a pair of courts. More on those if they arrive, and if they are in good shape....

Took the seller a bit longer than expected to get them dispatched, but the shoes did arrive, and in good nick.

They might have been tried on once or twice, maybe even worn on carpet, but the fit is good too.

The shoes are shown below. They are an 'all leather' court, with a heel slightly higher than 5 inches. Originally sold at £240 so a little more than half the price of the Louboutin's they might be pitched against. They don't have a great deal of room in the toe-box, but more than Pigalles. This is my second pair, and cost less than the first. I can almost guarantee I'll never wear either pair, but like some Loubie buyers, I look at these as an 'investment' purchase. Meaning I would hope to sell them for more than I paid for them. That said, given a realistic opportunity to wear them, I would. I can't imagine where or when, but they are not a traipsing (schlepping) around shops shoe. Rather a party or 'do' someplace, where a man in a heel would not start a ruckus. Albert Hall, Royal Opera House, or somewhere equally prestigious. Will never happen so ...

And it's not like I can afford to own them either .... "Times" a bit hard at the moment. (Even harder than usual. :() But these were just too good an opportunity to miss. 

Cilla by Kurt Geiger sml.jpg

Not to everyone's taste, but a very high heel and surprisingly wearable. (Given the chance.)

• Like 1

Each to his own, Freddy, and I can see why you were attracted to these elegant courts.   But that heel shape and 'afterthought' position ... :o

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

Each to his own, Freddy, and I can see why you were attracted to these elegant courts.   But that heel shape and 'afterthought' position ... :o

For me, it's about 'the look' of these. That pencil thin shaft accentuated by it's position maximises the look of a truly high 'stiletto' heel.

Since I don't ever expect to wear them, other than the occasional stepping into them to check they still fit, they will likely stay in a box. I wouldn't mind them being framed, and used as art .... But not while I live in a building site. :rolleyes: 

Had been watching this pair on Ebay. i liked them but not as much as the other pair of C,L, I posted on here.. It's the Pigalle model with an 4 inch heel but the heel looks higher in the photo. Went for the same price I paid for the other pair.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Edited by Heels

I think paying that sort of money for a pair of 4" heels would be an act of foolishness, and I'd expect resale values to be minimal. (Unless you are part of the Chelsea set in which case you'd give them away not sell them on.)

I've mentioned elsewhere I continue to search for a 4½ - 5 inch court in black leather, or comfortable style in PU that didn't fall apart on first use. [Points finger at SELECT courts.] There are 3 styles nominated at the moment, ranging from £60 to £95, and none really likely to join the collection due to poor fit. I have looked at the Chinese PU offerings, and if wasting money on the wrong size wasn't an issue, I'd invest. In fact I'm warming to the idea of some leather (not PU) courts from Pleaser. Come in at around £75, with either a low looking 5 inch heel, or a short-walk-only six inch heel - that actually measures 5½ inches. I'm seriously looking at some 420's with the higher heel.

I have just bought a pair Pleaser Heels. Heel height is just under 5inches

s-l1600 (43).jpg

They look like a pair from the "SEXY" range, with the slim set-back heel.

Could you add a picture taken side-on, to show the heel? ;) :)

Just for you Fred.  i,m trying to cut down taking photos.

s-l1600 (44).jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Heels said:

Just for you Fred.  i,m trying to cut down taking photos.

s-l1600 (44).jpg

My goodness!   Those look suspiciously like a pair of shoes with the stiletto heels properly shaped and positioned.   Presumably a museum piece! :o

• Like 1

While lookking through the listings on Ebay i found this pair from  Kurt Geiger London. Might have to give this pair a good think before I decide to  buy them.

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Edited by Heels

Those nail/pin heels seem to be reasonably popular with celebs.

The shape of the shoe, specifically the toe-box looks a lot like a Steve Madden style I like with a 5" heel, but the S.M. shoe has absolutely no room for toes. Length wise I can get into an EU40/UK7, but I'd need to have a toe removed to wear them. An EU41/UK8 has more room, but falls off my foot as it's too long.

While searching for an image of the shoe I'm talking about .....

Steve Madden Varsityy UK.jpg

I stumbled across these ..... (from the U.S. site) ....

Steve Madden Gettout US.jpg

Odd that a Kurt Geiger heel style appears on a Steve Madden shoe, as S.M. shoes are sold through Dune in the UK, not Kurt Geiger.

Like both pairs but I think the second pair that been  posted is the same pair I posted  but in another colour.

Looks like our 'friends' at Just Fab have a similar style to the Steve Madden. Remarkably similar .... 

Just Fab Monika.jpg

And might come in a UK 9 too. ;)

I'm wondering, do these 'brands' take it in turns with their manufacturing sources? :rolleyes:

OOPS! And the link to the shoes >> click here <<  Which saves time with the B.S. entry exam.

Edited by FastFreddy2