Heels

Ebay And Shopping.

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The seller sounds very opportunistic...

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Aren't all eBay sellers thus?

Subtle ..... ;)

• Like 1

It would be interesting to identify the boots in question (eBay link?) - after auction finishes if you are wary of competing bids (albeit not from me with my big feet).

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

It would be interesting to identify the boots in question (eBay link?) - after auction finishes if you are wary of competing bids (albeit not from me with my big feet).

I will send a link via PM.

I'm fully aware you would not be bidding, but I do not want to draw attention to these items, ESPECIALLY if I eventually make a purchase. If the seller does read these pages .... :huh:

Just bought these on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371560314636

They were cheap, and possibly not my favourite style, but they are unusual and I'll see what they look like on my feet.

I also want some plain black stiletto ankle boots - I've decided to push things by wearing stilettos in public to see what the reaction is...

1 hour ago, Russ in boots said:

I also want some plain black stiletto ankle boots - I've decided to push things by wearing stilettos in public to see what the reaction is...

I have loads. New, in PU, suede or leather. Your size too. Can I sell you a pair. ;) :P :D

At least 4 inches with no platform, in PU or leather as I think they are less obvious than suede. Let me know what you have... Even better if I could get some by Thursday!

I have in PU (from £10), almond shaped toe. Marked UK7 but come up big. I fit them and I'm an 8 too. I have a pair in an 8 that have been worn once (with socks) to Westfield, so almost no sign of wear. At least a 4½ heel. (Picture is of the UK8's.)

Dscf6099a.jpg.649cf5bd49ea82304cf405c451

I've exactly the same style in leather, again new and made by ALDO in UK8. These would be £40.

A different style, not such a slim heel and close to 5 inches: New, leather, from ALDO again, generous UK8 with discreet toe shape, £30. 

Dscf6093a.thumb.jpg.a10971ac4f977f237b64

Post to be added, at around £3 or £4 if a signature is required. Bit more for next day (1st class) carriage. Thursday isn't a problem. All come with original boxes.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Those first ones sound very much like what I'd like - in PU for now. They're an understated style with a lovely elegant heel. How would you like to arrange payment etc? Paypal? Send me a PM.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:54 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

PM sent. :)

Got them, thanks, and they look absolutely wonderful - just what I wanted. If you see some high wedge loafers in your travels...

Just bought these. Spur-of-the-moment thing - 90 minutes left on auction, no other bids, about £6.50 including carriage. Five inch heels with an inch platform. Thinnest heels I possess - about 8mm wide. Really easy to walk in, and if I can have the guts to wear stilettos I'll be on the street in them, and hiking, perhaps, as they have rubber cleated soles. Not good for mud, though ;-)

PICT1477a.jpg

On 3/3/2016 at 10:55 PM, Shyheels said:

The seller sounds very opportunistic...

These days on Ebay you had to ask for high price in the hope that you will make a sale. If you also put in a make an offer option on lising you can sort of judge what people are willing to pay.  It's no point in starting a  lising will a low start price as you will not get a fair price. There is just not the buyers out there now.  The other problem now that if I were to buy an expensive pair of heels I would to know that they would fit and be comfortable. There is no way you can do that on Ebay. You could be the only buyer in the country that wanted that perticulur pair of heels. You just might  not be able to sell them on for anywhere near the price you bought them for.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 2:31 PM, Russ in boots said:

Got them, thanks, and they look absolutely wonderful - just what I wanted. If you see some high wedge loafers in your travels...

Out in public. Photo to prove it. OK, I didn't go far as the heels made quite a racket in the quiet street, but a first for me. I had my other wedge heels on for the rest of the day and probably covered at least three miles in them, as I was putting out leaflets and afterwards my wife and I went for quite a long walk along the seafront (Seaford) and round the shops.

PICT1482a.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Out in public. Photo to prove it. OK, I didn't go far as the heels made quite a racket in the quiet street, but a first for me. I had my other wedge heels on for the rest of the day and probably covered at least three miles in them, as I was putting out leaflets and afterwards my wife and I went for quite a long walk along the seafront (Seaford) and round the shops.

The boots look good, but I hope you didn't get caught short during your long walk - as you know, it's 'Newhaven for the continent, Seaford for the incontinent':o

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Puffer said:

The boots look good, but I hope you didn't get caught short during your long walk - as you know, it's 'Newhaven for the continent, Seaford for the incontinent':o

Now you know the reason why I wear boots.... ;-) I'd heard a similar expression substituting Harwich and Frinton, BTW.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Now you know the reason why I wear boots.... ;-) I'd heard a similar expression substituting Harwich and Frinton, BTW.

Fill your boots, eh?   (I can assure you that N and S are the genuine originals.   I had the doubtful pleasure of working in Newhaven many moons ago; that bloody swing bridge was a real time-waster.) 

On 13/03/2016 at 2:37 PM, Russ in boots said:

PICT1482a.jpg

First time in stiletto's outside? I thought you had wandered about in this heel style before, (5" sandals) but maybe not somewhere so public? Wait until you get some with steel heel-tips ... THEN you'll know what heel noise is all about. ;) :D

Maybe the sound of the heel is why I get noticed more than you have in the past? In that case, having a female with you might be good camouflage as people hearing a heel and seeing a women (normal), are less surprised than hearing a heel and seeing a man (less normal).

I could certainly see how wearing a thin heeled shoe or boot in a quiet street, could make you feel self-concious. I have worn heels, twice, in a large town not a million miles from you. I might have been spotted in the mall there (which is far and away my preferred venue) but I don't recall any adverse reactions. Malls are busy/noisy places, even during daylight hours. My second trip to the area had me arriving at dusk, and leaving during the late evening, with no visit to the mall. Again, uneventful. Food for thought? 

Well, my favourite 5.5 inch stilettos have worn down so that the metal ferrule hits the ground. Perhaps I should try those before reheeling them... I think Brighton would be the best place, as there's an anything-goes philosophy there, and it's quite noisy in places.

10 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Well, my favourite 5.5 inch stilettos have worn down so that the metal ferrule hits the ground. Perhaps I should try those before reheeling them... I think Brighton would be the best place, as there's an anything-goes philosophy there, and it's quite noisy in places.

True in principle - but pick your time and place with some discretion; there are always some who see anyone 'different' as fair game.   (But I will tell my two Brighton-based sons, both well over six feet (without heels), to try a little more tolerance! :))

11 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

If you have worn those shoes enough so the heel-tips need replacing, please, get some new tips. They are inexpensive, and will save your shoes. I recommend >> this << supplier. Very helpful. B)

A new metal tip is louder than a worn ferrule, in my experience. I have several pairs of new tips in my 'spares' box. If any are suitable, you can have some for the price of the postage? I have  some metal ones too, but they are for a fairly thin heel. Let me know. ;) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Puffer said:

True in principle - but pick your time and place with some discretion; there are always some who see anyone 'different' as fair game.   (But I will tell my two Brighton-based sons, both well over six feet (without heels), to try a little more tolerance! :))

Ahhh, Brighton. The promenade. The cobbled streets ..... Yes, I know the place. B)

I'm tempted to suggest it would be my home of choice, but for the prohibitive price of property. :huh:

10 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Ahhh, Brighton. The promenade. The cobbled streets ..... Yes, I know the place. B)

I'm tempted to suggest it would be my home of choice, but for the prohibitive price of property. :huh:

It was mine, for 27 happy years until 2000, but I now dislike going there unless to see my sons.   Apart from the huge increase in property prices (a two-edged sword)*, traffic management has become draconian, parking is difficult and exorbitant and the whole area (including the more genteel parts of Hove since the anschluss) seems to be taking on a more soviet atmosphere under a rapacious pseudo-Green dictatorship.   Yes, it has its good points but I no longer feel so comfortable there, any more than I would be in (say) Soho or Islington.

* I don't have precise inflation figures to hand, but the substantial four-bedroomed Victorian terraced house I bought in 1978 for £21,000 was sold in 2006 for almost £500,000 and would now be worth around £750,000+ - a compounded rate of 12% pa in the first period and 10% pa overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Yes, it has its good points but I no longer feel so comfortable there, any more than I would be in (say) Soho or Islington.

I haven't been for a couple of years, if not a bit longer. I am overdue a visit, if for no other reason than to acquaint myself with the promenade while riding a bicycle. I've tried to use Google Street to find the gaff I used to go to for a veggie breakfast, with no success. I'm hoping my male based DNA is still good enough to locate the street from memory.... What memory? :D 

I find Soho quite an entertaining place, though I also recognise what seems to be an 'air' of menace too. Islington is a big place. Were it not for the parking, I might still visit two restaurants we used to frequent just off of Upper Street. 'Discovered' some time ago, while reminiscing the whereabouts of Covergirl (the shop).  

* I don't have precise inflation figures to hand, but the substantial four-bedroomed Victorian terraced house I bought in 1978 for £21,000 was sold in 2006 for almost £500,000 and would now be worth around £750,000+ - a compounded rate of 12% pa in the first period and 10% pa overall.

With the increasing number of people arriving on our shores, both legal and illegal, this can only get worse. I am SURE, we will be reading about families sharing homes soon, if it doesn't happen already. I very nearly converted my current abode to a 'home+granny annex' but got talked out of it by Mrs Freddy, probably with good reason at the time.

My take on property prices is that if you are not on the ladder now, you may never be. My brother-in-law had the opportunity of buying his council semi some years ago. He and his wife had probably paid for it anyway, since they had been tenants for some years, at least 15. They decided not to buy, thinking council rents were 'easier' and they had security of tenure. A mortgage would have been affordable, but they preferred the tenancy.

Perhaps 10 years later, the market (meaning sale) value of the property has more than trebled, if not quadrupled. They could never afford to buy now, nor could any of their 3 children. Because they have not bought, there is no 'lift' onto the ownership ladder from a legacy. Councils are not as free to adjust rents as private lets, but they do follow the private sector. The rent these people pay now, has greatly surpassed what their mortgage would be today, assuming they still had a mortgage to pay. (If the mortgage was small enough, they might have paid it off early.) While their rent is still around half that of a private landlord might charge, it still seems expensive to me. They are in a 3 bed semi, with two of their three children already out the door. If the third child leaves, they will be pressured to move, or pay a premium for being there.

Edited by FastFreddy2