Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Ebay And Shopping.

8 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Not for me, though I'd like to own the legs that would go with such a stylish look. ;) You are right in saying they are elegant, though I'm less sure about the 'comfy' bit. :D

All things are comparative, and these sandals may indeed not be the acme of comfort; my comment primarily related to the wide straps which would likely be easier on the feet than a plethora of narrow ones.

Another 'reality TV' personality into the River Island sandals ....

56bdb81de8414_CallyJaneBeechfromashowcal

Apparently someone from a show called 'Love Island'?

Those heels certainly doing their job with her calf muscles. ;)

Those Topshop sandals look very wearable. The wide band across the bridge must help keep your foot in the right place, and help prevent excessive rubbing from the strap across your toes. Good choice.

I've been less successful with bidding. Once again, I bid on some of the 1969 shoes, one of 3 pairs that went through tonight. Of the three pairs, two went for around £55, the third, just over £70. At the time I bid, all three were at £54 or so, and £70 looked like a potentially high enough limit as to win. Nope. Maybe I need to smell the coffee? :(  

Anyone here with a larger foot ... UK11/EU45 and into a 6½" heeled court shoe, might want to take a look at listing 231842496933.

Even with a size 11 foot, that heel must be a bedroom slipper;) 

16 minutes ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Anyone here with a larger foot ... UK11/EU45 and into a 6½" heeled court shoe, might want to take a look at listing 231842496933.

Even with a size 11 foot, that heel must be a bedroom slipper;) 

The seller is in Shetland.   Well, I suppose that (apart from sheep-sh*****g) there isn't much else to do in the dark winter nights apart from a surreptitious walkabout in stilettos.

In theory, they would fit me - but I'm doubtful that (given the heel height) they would be a good fit, let alone comfortable to wear.   And probably impossible to walk in - so I'll give them a miss!   They don't look as though they are of superb quality- and appear to be slightly marked (or is it the light?). 

Around 8 bidders and at £26.00 as I write.   It will be interesting to see what they go for.

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

They don't look as though they are of superb quality- and appear to be slightly marked (or is it the light?). 

Around 8 bidders and at £26.00 as I write.   It will be interesting to see what they go for.

The only reference I found to the brand, was on one of the Chinese sites, might have been AliExpress. Given the who and they why, I doubt they need to be good quality, as they might never see the outside of a bedroom? ;) And were they for me, that might still only amount to 3 minutes use a week, assuming it would take a minute to get them on, and a minute to get them off. ;) :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

The only reference I found to the brand, was on one of the Chinese sites, might have been AliExpress. Given the who and they why, I doubt they need to be good quality, as they might never see the outside of a bedroom? ;) And were they for me, that might still only amount to 3 minutes use a week, assuming it would take a minute to get them on, and a minute to get them off. ;) :D

You are doubtless right on all counts, Freddy.   And here on eBay is another essential item for your bedroom activity: 400985284487

The Shetland stilettos stand at £41.00 with less than two hours to go.

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

And here on eBay is another essential item for your bedroom activity: 400985284487

I can't use up valuable time with 'extra' accoutrements. ;) :D As seconds count, I literally don't any to spare ....  :(

The shoes sold for £41 with £4 carriage.

Edited by FastFreddy2

On 2/15/2016 at 1:03 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

Those Topshop sandals look very wearable. The wide band across the bridge must help keep your foot in the right place, and help prevent excessive rubbing from the strap across your toes.  Good choice.

You are correct that wide  strap does hold my foot in the right place.  My toes hardly touch the strap going across them.

At one point I had 4 pairs of ultra high heels  Sold 3 pairs  as I never wore them, let alone walk in them properly. Last pair was going to sell but tried them on and kept them on for around 3 hours. Sort of comfortable and being a pair from Little shoe box I keeping them, Ultra high heels do seem to sell for a high price which is sort of strange that most pairs won't get worn much.

2 hours ago, Heels said:

Ultra high heels do seem to sell for a high price which is sort of strange that most pairs won't get worn much.

It's what they are being worn for .....

I have told the story several times, so forgive me for repeating it again .... My first pair of LSB heels (of three bought during that period from the shop known as Covergirl), were bought as a surprise pressie for me by my then girlfriend. When  I asked why she bought them, she said "because of what I was like when I had them on." As I recall I was still in my twenties at the time, and needed no help finding the enthusiasm for intimacy with her ... But the effect of putting on those shoes was almost instant, with came with no side effects (other than tiredness) at all. She thought it money/time well spent. B) 

So did I. ;)  

Cally Jane Beech (of "Love Island" fame), out in her River Island heels again ....

56cedcf23ffbb_CallyJaneBeech-Feb2016.thu

Still working those calves .... ;)

One of my listings has unusually, gotten requests for additional photo's of them being worn. I'm wondering if they are interested buyers, or picture collectors of (women) wearing high heels? :huh: Either way, I sent them -via PM's- the images they requested. Time will tell which group the enquirers belonged to.

Mrs Freddy wasn't sure my skinny ankles and high 'instep' did the shoes any favours, so I've not published the images to anyone else. :( So, no chance of being a foot or shoe model then? ;) :D

21 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

One of my listings has unusually, gotten requests for additional photo's of them being worn. I'm wondering if they are interested buyers, or picture collectors of (women) wearing high heels? :huh: Either way, I sent them -via PM's- the images they requested. Time will tell which group the enquirers belonged to.

Well, neither person bid on the shoes, and it's not like they went for a lot more money than the starting bid. One did contact me after to apologise for not bidding, saying they weren't sure if such a high heel was suitable, so hadn't bid for that reason. The shoes went for the sort of money I was expecting, so it makes no real difference to me.

I just need to sell off about another 30-40 pairs of boots ....

On 15 February 2016 at 1:03 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

Those Topshop sandals look very wearable. The wide band across the bridge must help keep your foot in the right place, and help prevent excessive rubbing from the strap across your toes. Good choice.

I've been less successful with bidding. Once again, I bid on some of the 1969 shoes, one of 3 pairs that went through tonight. Of the three pairs, two went for around £55, the third, just over £70. At the time I bid, all three were at £54 or so, and £70 looked like a potentially high enough limit as to win. Nope. Maybe I need to smell the coffee? :(  

Re wide band, I got these from Ebay a few months ago, and they are extremely comfortable, and my foot is nicely balanced in them with good weight distribution between sole and heel. I'm sure the second strap is the reason. With just the toe strap my feet would slip down and they'd be very uncomfortable.

PICT1283b.jpg

Edited by Russ in boots
Typo
  • Like 2

Interesting experience with a sneaky Ebay seller. I enquired about some shoes that have been advertised for a while, at a price rather more than I would normally pay. Guess what? I suddenly notice she's increased the price from just over £40 to £60. I told her to get stuffed. I don't want to deal with people like that.

5 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Interesting experience with a sneaky Ebay seller. I enquired about some shoes that have been advertised for a while, at a price rather more than I would normally pay. Guess what? I suddenly notice she's increased the price from just over £40 to £60. I told her to get stuffed. I don't want to deal with people like that.

Did the seller sale them at that price? I also like the the sandals you posted a photo of but you didn't say what brand they are/

10 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

I had a PM conversation with an Ebay seller, over some boots that were/are attractive, but waaaay past my usual purchasing limit. They didn't sell, twice. One might reasonably expect a reduction, eventually, if they don't sell. Not this seller. First of all added 25% to the asking price, still no sale, then added a 'make an offer' option but on the higher price?

In a 'dead' market, who would think increasing the asking price will make the items on sale, more attractive:huh:

Perhaps the thinking is that someone who has not seen the boots earlier will make a 'cheeky' offer of 30% off the asking price and think they are getting a deal

16 hours ago, Heels said:

Did the seller sale them at that price? I also like the the sandals you posted a photo of but you didn't say what brand they are/

What do you mean about sale them? I'll be interested to follow those shoes and see if she sells them and if she lowers the price. I think the sandals are New Look but I'll check.

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Perhaps the thinking is that someone who has not seen the boots earlier will make a 'cheeky' offer of 30% off the asking price and think they are getting a deal

I think you have that right, at least as far as the mindset of the seller goes.

Not sure many people spending £250 are going to expect such a huge discount through. That said, I had some fairly ridiculous offers made when selling a bike on the auction site. ('Chancers' appear everywhere.) As we all know, buying 'blind' without the opportunity to return goods that don't fit, is a bit of a gamble at the best of times. These boots have such an obscure past, I doubt many with a size 8 foot will have experience of the brand. The market potential, is minute. And at £250, the seller now faces competition from abroad, even with import taxes. (Well, before the £pound got shaky over our referendum on leaving the EU there was some competition. And from a retailer who did returns.)

Since I don't need them, this could be just an exercise in patience. ;)

I think the seller must read these pages ..... The listing has been reduced to £225, and still includes the 'Make an offer' option. B)

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

The seller sounds very opportunistic...

Aren't all eBay sellers thus?