Sign in to follow this  
Eoneleg

Shoe Swapping - A Little Different

Many people ask me about what I do with my right shoes that I am unable to wear.

They are all in boxes, two shoes to a box.  Friends and some of my  employees'

shoe sizes are the same as mine.  Often one will have a special occassion

cooming up and will borrow a pair.  On the bottom of the arch just ahead of the

heel is a number.  We take down the box having the same number and take out

the right shoe that she has selected.  Much better than purchasing shoes for

the occassion and in some cases the shoes are never again worn.

I have to caution her that in most instances, the right shoe has never been worn

and she should wear the pair around the house to break-in the right shoe.

E

I have to say, I'm not so keen on lending anything I'm fond of, and would be very reluctant to loan my shoes.

My walking friend, who used to live in high heels (why we remain friends after 20+ years possibly) lent her work friend some heels. The were a shiny silver coated leather stiletto, for the most part unworn. They were loaned, and returned like they had been used to walk 15 miles across country. I would have flipped. No mention of their condition by the loanee, save a "thanks". 

My comments are not completely guiltless though. A friend who has been a friend for a very long time, lent me a set square perhaps 30 years ago. I still have it. In fact he saw it the other day, with me using it. I offered it back (not for the first time mind), but as with his previous replies, he declined. Not least because he replaced it many years ago.  :( I don't feel any better for confessing though.  :huh:

Thanks for your comments and I understand how you feel.  I am pleased that I am able to help a friend out by loaning shoes, and just as much - seeing the right shoe being used, especially since some are a little expensive.

E