Sign in to follow this  
hh4evr1

Intervie Shoes/boots

I was going to wear womens loafers to a job interview with my suit and tie, my mum saw them and said you can't wear those, they are obviously womens shoes. She doesn't like me wearing womens shoes/boots.

They are tassel loafers from New Look. They don't have any height in the heel.

I thought they would be less obvious than my wedge heeled boots.

http://m.newlook.com/mcs/publish/4923/76718?prodid=290534601&cat=cat10002&name=Womens

I thought they would be less obvious than my wedge heeled boots.

http://m.newlook.com/mcs/publish/4923/76718?prodid=290534601&cat=cat10002&name=Womens

I wore something VERY similar while at my last year of school. A long, long time ago.  :D

They were very trendy, back in the day. I would suggest a bit 'casual' for an interview, but much more suitable than a womans shoe.

Should I ever find myself being forced to attend an interview for a job I don't want, I'll wear a heel. It would guarantee I would not be offered a position. As would wearing long fingernails painted bright red, or wearing lipstick. A 19 year old boy trying to get into an art or fashion college could expect a different response, but a business interviewer will have a duty of care toward the company and any other employees. Hiring anyone but the best candidate will lead to criticism, and any non-conformist will (sadly) automatically remove themselves from that "best" position.

I don't expect anyone to like it, but thems the facts. :(