Sign in to follow this  
miltboot

Boot Season

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

seeing as the guy who owns and founded Zara is the second or third richest man in the world, it could just be that he has found himself a nice business, pulled himself up by everybody else's bootstraps as it were. 

He's get a bit richer if those boots were available and they fit;) :D

Two of the Oxford street stores are showing stock. I'll have to see if I can get there this week. I'm about to become footloose, so should have some time for heel wearing soon. B) 

Yes, clearly the man is missing a trick. Imagine his wealth is he actually made his boots available to all those who wanted to buy them and are waiting, cash in hand, to no avail. Perhaps you could call the Oxford Street stores and ask them to put aside a pair you you. Tell them when you're coming in.   

Footloose and wearing heels? Sounds kind of unstable... :-)

• Like 1

The boots in my size (though a Zara 8 often comes up as a 7) have been available on Ebay for at least a month.... At £179. Not from the UK either. 

I haven't been out in heels for at least a month, so I'm due an evening out 'playing'. As for me being 'unstable', it's just a rumour. :wacko:

This is why I need never concern myself with buying extra boots - with a size 12-13UK there is next to no chance whatever that I would find 'nice' (not fetish) boots in my size in any other than a custom made context. If Mr Billionaire Zara is less than concerned with the availability of his boots in size 8, those of us with outsized footprints are not even remotely on his radar.

At the moment, Zara seem to be out-of-stock my size just about everywhere in the South East for 50 miles, and absolutely no stock on-line of any size.

Who would have though the boot would be so popular? I'm wondering if it's been promoted in a magazine somewhere and become a 'must have'? 

Edited by FastFreddy2

I noticed earlier today, every size other than UK8 had been replenished by Zara. Slightly frustrated, I went onto the most popular auction site to check for UK availability there. Several sellers had listings for the Zara boot. Many had copies of promotional pictures, possibly 'borrowed' from fashion magazines. I was out for the afternoon taking my best friend to the vet to get something for his eye. (Cat, not dog BTW.) Spent the evening talking/eating with Mrs Freddy. Did some 'homework' .... Repaired a broken draw from that refurb, I had brought home with me yesterday evening ... 

As a notable act of futility, I took a last minute gander over at Zara before retiring at stupid o'clock in the morning. UK8 available! Also confirmed via email at 23:41 on the 5th. (Effectively last night.)

So ..... Will be here Monday/Tuesday, all being well. ;) :D   

Thank you. ;) :D

Checked on-line stock when I got home tonight (circa 8.30pm) and the size 8's had sold out again. :huh: All other sizes are available a day after the re-stock, but no 8's. And still no shop held stock of 8's in the London area either. The phrase "rocking horse (poop)" springs to mind. ;) 

Interesting that such a (relatively) large size sells out so quickly. Either they make very damn few of them in size 8 or there are more people with (relatively) larger feet that Mr Zara thinks there are.  

• Like 1

I have a vague recollection of how manufacturers of women shoes make their style in 'batches'. This isn't an wholly accurate representation, but when you buy a box of 60 shoes from China, this is how they come (for example).

Size ~ Quantity

UK4 ~ 10 off

UK5 ~ 15 off

UK6 ~ 20 off

UK7  ~ 10 off

UK8 ~ 5 off

Since the Western world (and Africa) produces taller/larger women than Asia, the ratio's are wrong for the UK and America. They might have been right 40 years ago, but no longer. Just about every women under 45 in my extended family is a size 8, and I could add one that is over 45. If there was any doubt about this, experience tells me the last size to go in almost any shoe style is a size 4, almost always the first to go is size 8. :rolleyes:

Things are changing as the demand for a UK9 grows, but the change is blinking slow.

P.S.

Zara size 8 is often remarked as coming up as a UK7 rather than 8, and I would agree with this. Some Europeans Spain/Italy for example, have smaller frames so come with smaller feet. You will know from your own shoe browsing experience, makers who use Italian or Spanish manufacturers, often warn "Italian sizing" suggesting you buy a half a size up. 

Edited by FastFreddy2

Italian sizing frequently crops up in cycling clothes which means you need to go straight to the XXL to have even a ghost of a chance of getting into it.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2015, 04:04:54, FastFreddy2 said:

As a notable act of futility, I took a last minute gander over at Zara before retiring at stupid o'clock in the morning. UK8 available! Also confirmed via email at 23:41 on the 5th. (Effectively last night.)

So ..... Will be here Monday/Tuesday, all being well. ;) :D   

I had contacted Zara earlier in the week via email, regarding my order. They acknowledged the query, and said "we'll be in touch".

Two days later, no "in touch" made, I rang them. Their opinion was the boots had been passed to the courier (Hermes), who reported it was not the case. (This seems like a long-winded way to explain the simpler term; Lost.) I explained to the helpful chap on the phone, Zara has had my money for 2 weeks, no-one at Zara knows where my order is despite me raising the alarm two days ago, so I felt like I was 'flogging a dead horse.' As such, it was time to call it a day, and I said (twice) I wanted to cancel my order, whatever the outcome of the investigation. He was able to completely understand my position.  

Tonight I have an email; my refund has been actioned. In conclusion, I suspect the size 8's might not have been available after all? I will keep a watchful eye out though.... Mostly for stock in stores .... :rolleyes:

Good luck. I suspect you are correct - no size 8s. Or if they had them your order slotted in during that moment when the computer still listed them but the warehouse just ran out

The web site no longer offers the opportunity to have an email notification when the "EU41" (allegedly UK8) might be available from on-line stock, which suggests they've had all the stock they're going to have this year. You are right in that I may have been the second of two people after the one pair.

The on-line 'check store stock' indicates two London Stores have them, and I have been to one claiming to have stock, and I only saw the 7's, no 8's. I know I could ring up and enquire, having done the same with some PU flared trousers the other day (photo to be added to the leggings thread when there's enough light to get a picture.) I'm not in London again for a couple of days, so no point in chasing it yet. I am resigned to not even getting to try them on, much less keeping them.

And a cruel twist of fate .....

As I've made mention to several times, I almost always carry a camera. I had hoped that owning a smart phone might make that unnecessary, but I've spent £300-£400 less than I needed to for that, so should still carry my camera too. (And usually do.) However, picking someone up, with me not even leaving the car, should mean photo opportunities don't exist. Wrong.

As I approached the collection point, I saw a young-ish girl (which is someone under 40 to me) walking along the roadway wearing what could be the Zara boots, and me with no camera, only cheapie phone. She didn't walk very well in them, but I see that as a good thing as it means they are being worn for style, not comfort.

5655ab94b2a10_Highheelsoutshopping.jpg.2

While the image is really poor, I can tell you all she is wearing shiny leggings with those boots. The irony.

Edited by FastFreddy2

I think the Fates are having fun with you. To round it out perfectly let's imagine she is a size seven but the damned fools at Zara sent her an eight, which she is having trouble walking in but she likes them too much to send back...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

That really would be cruel of them.... but completely in keeping with my previous experiences. ;)

It was bad enough see her at all. Slim, moderately tall. A girlie girl, wearing OTK boots with shiny leggings. If I was 30 years younger .... :wub:

Freddy: I've just come across these on eBay:   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12cm-Stiletto-Heel-Fetish-Dominatrix-Exotic-Pole-Dance-Knee-Thigh-Crotch-Boot-/111717870206?var=&hash=item1a02e76a7e:m:m0aX8PeVFs5RcusW82IuW1g  which might possibly be of interest to you.   I realise they are synthetic, but the supplier offers to make them to size for 'super skinny' legs etc and they can be got crotch high.   OK, they are from Taiwan and will probably attract VAT etc, but still a possibility for you?   (I could get a pair in Eu46 - but I doubt I would wear them!)

They seemed to be a good prospect (I had found them elsewhere but thank you for the tip anyway - these leads are always welcome). However, they don't look that good on the model, and the sizing doesn't look correct.

This is the style I favoured, after looking at their entire range over the weekend ...

56bbc942e4ff3_RTBU-Chrisboot.thumb.jpg.7

My guess was, these are so stiff, sitting in them would be impossible? It would indicate the usual 'bagging' problem was avoided ... But those heels are unrealistically high. I doubt I could straighten my legs.

Same with these, which are more my 'usual' style.

56bbca4dbe9e7_RTBU-ankleboot.thumb.jpg.8

Unwearable. Despite Mrs Freddy's previous comment that she thought heels for "us" couldn't be 'too high'. :huh:

I agree that the model does not exactly inspire confidence in the look and fitting of the first boots but, having read that the non-patent material was stretchy and that narrow legs could be catered for, I thought that this might be what you wanted (assuming getting correct foot size was not going to be a spoiler).   Maybe too many 'variables'?

I can't see the point of the stiff knee boots and I don't like the look of them, or of the booties.   A heel that high, even if wearable at all, is just too extreme imho.   But each to his own.