Sign in to follow this  
miltboot

Boot Season

Just read the weather report for Eden, Texas, for the next week. Daytime temperature of between 27 and 30 degrees C.

That would pass as a VERY warm summer over here.  :huh:

It is currently 55° F (about 13° C) and raining in the Dallas area. Pretty chilly, considering it was 87° just last night.

Jeez, 55°F from 87°F in one day? That's incredible.  :huh: 

And us Brits would say our weather was changeable!  ;)

Shine up the boots and dig out the thermal underwear.  :D 

I'm seeing lots of nice boots being worn lately and also there are not lots of boots available to buy.

Not quite time for the thermals. I do look forward to the "booting" though. Didn't get out much, last year.

Late last winter (meaning this year and past the really cold weather) I bought some thicker leggings to wear under my jeans. "Leggings" of course look like this:  post-40-0-83160000-1381101203_thumb.jpg

From a great site BTW. >> here <<

The extra thick leggings are very stretchy, and not entirely unpleasant to wear. ;)  I've thinner ones too, though I like to wear either type as they stop chaffing around the ankles and calves from stiff uppers. I'm seldom without them when it gets cooler.  :ph34r:

I hope you get out more this year.  :)

I have a picture of you in mind..... Standing on the corner of a wooden porch, watching the Sun set across a dusty and desolate plain, with your shiny thigh boots reflecting the last of the evening light......  B)

Late last winter (meaning this year and past the really cold weather) I bought some thicker leggings to wear under my jeans. "Leggings" of course look like this: LEG5284-53401-2T.jpg

From a great site BTW. >> here <<

The extra thick leggings are very stretchy, and not entirely unpleasant to wear. ;) I've thinner ones too, though I like to wear either type as they stop chaffing around the ankles and calves from stiff uppers. I'm seldom without them when it gets cooler. :ph34r:

I hope you get out more this year. :)

I have a picture of you in mind..... Standing on the corner of a wooden porch, watching the Sun set across a dusty and desolate plain, with your shiny thigh boots reflecting the last of the evening light...... B)

FF2, If wearing boots was that dramatic I would never take them off. ;) Great visual, though.

If wearing boots was that dramatic I would never take them off. ;)

I bet you wearing boots, is more dramatic than you'd expect.  B)

A bit surprised to see many "older" women out and about in stiletto knee boots. It was the first big Christmas shopping weekend here, and I spotted lots of mature women in knee length skirts and high heeled boots. Very distracting, in a good way. ;)

I've seen a fair number of knee high boots about recently, but very few with a heel. Seems very few women over 35 want to wear a heel these days, and maybe any woman over 25? Might be different in a nightclub where a high heeled boot might be part of the usual clubbing uniform, but I'm no longer privy to such places. :huh: 

Maybe I need to shop at a better class of retailer. B)  

Thicker heels are the current trend, which I don't mind for myself, as there's less chance of the heels going down cracked pavement. A thinner heel is more attractive though.....  ;)

I'm hoping to get out over the weekend. Maybe I'll see some high heeled boots while I'm out and about?  :huh:

Looking forward to seeing some boots, preferably those with heels. Will make a change from all the flats being worn this summer.

Yes. Hopefully, stiletto boots will be back "in" this winter. 

From what I've seen so far in the UK, blocks are more plentiful than stiletto's. That said .....

I've mentioned many times I would like some thigh highs. I LOVE the feeling of something tight on my legs, and obviously, I like a heel too. Trouble is, I have legs like well - something thin. My calves measure 13 inch in circumference. Most boots have a 14-16 inch circumference, so usually I would have to own a pair that looked and felt like waders ..... (Baggy on the legs.)

But I have spotted something that might change that. I prefer plain black leather, these look like they are going to become available in suede ... Any port in a storm. Because of the company selling them, I'm confident they'll be slim fitting. 

Zara_AW2015_x1.thumb.jpg.8f3fc1df344ef2eZara_AW2015_x2.thumb.jpg.8cf5edcf0c876cfZara_AW2015_x3.thumb.jpg.92d08c3eb06e510

The bad news (because there has to be some), £139 ....

Were they available in leather, that wouldn't be a problem at all, but how wearable is suede for me?

Edited by FastFreddy2
Price correction. Not £130 but £139.

VERY nice boots. Leather or suede, my problem will most certainly be SIZE. (sigh) 

Zara are known to come up small (usually) on their shoe sizes, by at least a half a size. I have a pair of their courts with 5 inch heels, that fit 'perfectly' as a court shoe, meaning the shoe is small enough to pretty much ensure it doesn't fall off my foot when walking.

Not that I can walk in them.

I'm hoping these boots come up a bit more like a US10/UK8/EU41 than say a US9/UK7/EU40 - whatever it says on the sole. If they become available in the UK, I will ensure I'll find out.  

There seem to be several much cheaper skinny/stretchy thigh boots on Ebay, Freddy.   These for example:   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Womens-Over-The-Knee-Thigh-High-Stiletto-Heel-Ladies-Stretch-Calf-Boots-Size-3-8-/271692925404?var=&hash=item3f422909dc   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ladys-Boots-High-Heel-Faux-Suede-Thigh-High-Zip-Stiletto-Navy-UK4-37-UK12-45-/151137177825?var=&hash=item23307a50e1   A better heel shape too.

I quite like suede; I have several pairs of black suede boots!

Edited by Puffer