Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

Rocky Horror Show Again!

Until a few days ago, I hadn't been planning to attend the Rocky Horror Show again this year.

I knew it was showing this week in Oxford but I didn't know if I was free, didn't know if I really wanted to go again so soon (the 'Too much of a good thing' syndrome ) and i didn't want to spend another £30+ on the ticket plus bus, taxi, drinks, meal, programme, whatever.

However!!! An 11th hour suggestion from a female friend had me impulse buying a pair of Circle tickets online & making plans to go to the final oxford show (saturday night).

Fast forwarding to Saturday; I was obviously hoping to be able to wear heels but the thought of doing so in oxford city centre in broad daylight from time of arrival (6:00pm ish) to show time 2+ hours later put me in two minds.

I also wasn't sure my friend was as open minded as she said she was "wear anything you want, I won't mind at all".

After a nervy morning trying different heel & trouser combinations to ensure thorough heel coverage, I decided on some 4.5" stiletto ankle boots. The boots are cheapish, non leather, non branded but are surprisingly comfy & well made. I've worn them with ease at a gig previously so that took some of the wearability questions away.

So, off we went and I can report that a superb evening was had. The show was absolutely great as usual ----- i cannot recommend it highly enough for a fun evening at the theatre.

Walking around in Oxford before & after was icing on the cake.

We stopped for a pre-show drink at Chequers (the pub) and sat in their courtyard, heels on show. Tricky cobbled alley to negotiate to & from!!! Looked in at the Wheatsheaf pub beforehand (another cobbled alley) but didn't stay in there as far too noisy .

After the show, we walked a large distance to the Weatherspoons. Sat drinking and admiring the many high-heeling young women while making no attempt to hide my own (sometimes higher) heels. I tell you guys, this heeling lark is so much easier when you have a woman accompanying you.

In all, a great night & something to be repeated at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by euchrid
  • Like 1

Sounds fantastic Euchrid. I didn't make it to Rocky in MK but my wife is up for it next time it comes around. I may even be able to wear heels.

Your write up sounds like you had a lot of fun, and that despite your fears your friend was as open minded as she claimed to be. Great result and thanks for sharing.

I decided on some 4.5" stiletto ankle boots. The boots are cheapish, non leather, non branded but are surprisingly comfy & well made. I've worn them with ease at a gig previously so that took some of the wearability questions away.

Picture? :huh:

Sounds like a good time was had. ;)B)

I tell you guys, this heeling lark is so much easier when you have a woman accompanying you.
Oh yesssss. ;)

Picture? :huh:/

I tried to upload a pic but the site rejected it (too large).

No way to reduce the file size on an iPad. (As far as I know!)

I tried to upload a pic but the site rejected it (too large).

No way to reduce the file size on an iPad. (As far as I know!)

Can you email it to me? I'll reduce it with Paintshop? [And send it back?]

Nice outing, nice company and a nice pair of heels. What more could you want.

I hope to find a woman to accompany me while I am wearing heels as I think it would make it easier.

ROCKY HORROR SHOW AT THE CINEMA

Well, it was Rocky Horror Live on Thursday night (Sept 17th) - the Playhouse Theatre performance being beamed to cinemas around the world.

I wasn't going to miss the show & I also wasn't going to miss the opportunity to wear heels to the cinema & to the pub afterwards.

A nice pair of Love Label platform stiletto boots was selected for the night.  Longish jeans worn to (mostly) hide them & off I went with a Rocky-loving female friend.

It was a great night, as expected.  No comments or looks regarding the heels, but this is Rocky Horror of course so anything goes really.  In fact, it's expected!!!:D

I,ve been invited to see this show in Southampton next year. I will be wearing heels not sure which ones yet but being comfortable will be on top of my list of which heels to wear. My lady friend will be will wearing lingerie and is expecting me to do the same.  Not sure if she will be wearing any heels.

Edited by Heels