Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

Unusual Sighting

An unusual sighting in my hometown which I felt I had to report:

8:30pm thursday, dropping my kids home, I drove past an asian bloke (as in chinese/korean type asian).

He was fairly burly, dressed in black t shirt and dark trousers. Definitely a geezer - the muscles & his exaggerated 'elvis' sideburns were a dead give away.

The unusual part - he was wearing high heels!!!

:o

From the glimse I got, they looked like patterned/flowery, pastel-coloured open toed summer platforms, with 4"+ stiletto heels.

The shoes were completely at odds with the rest of his attire and he didn't appear to be completely at ease walking in them but there he was, bold as brass, striding out in broad daylight down the side of a main road & heading (so I would guess) into the town centre.

Where exactly he was heading (& where he came from) is a complete mystery.

I shall be keeping a look out for him in the future though & will report any further sightings. :)

I shall be keeping a look out for him in the future though & will report any further sightings. :)

A photo would be good. ;):D He obviously isn't shy. B):D

A man in heels, that is unusual. Would you have spoken to him if you had the chance

Yes, definitely, if the situation was right.

At the moment, despite my own interest in heel-wearing, I'm thinking the bloke is just another local eccentric, probably a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I'm thinking the bloke is just another local eccentric, probably a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

:huh: Is there a members club? ;):P:D

:huh: Is there a members club? ;):P:D

There could well be, judging by the number of them. the Care in the Community policy has a lot to answer for.

Interestingly my wife recently mentioned a guy around my local area wearing heels, she has seen him on several occasions. Just this morning as we were going out in the car she spotted him and pointed him out. There was a bit of a distance between us in the car and where he was walking, but there was plainly a heel on his boots.

Where exactly he was heading (& where he came from) is a complete mystery.

There was a bit of a distance between us in the car and where he was walking, but there was plainly a heel on his boots.

I'm biting my lip now ...... :huh:

Spotted him again today.

4:30pm, there he was queuing at the checkout in Morrisons.

Same black/dark clothing as before. This time the heels were black suede platform boots. Slim heel & very high. I wouldn't mind a pair of those myself. :-D

Heels openly on show to everyone and the bloke was clearly enjoying wearing them, strutting about, as he was on the hard flooring.

I stood right next to him at the next checkout. Did I speak to him? Nope, this is my hometown & some decorum needed to be kept, which wouldn't have been easy were I to start discussing a mutual interest in heeling with a large Asian bloke in a supermarket in the middle of the afternoon. I need to encounter him in the pub to have any sort of conversation with him.

I'm expecting him to become a frequent sight around town anyway.

• Like 1

Did I speak to him? Nope, this is my hometown & some decorum needed to be kept, which wouldn't have been easy were I to start discussing a mutual interest in heeling with a large Asian bloke in a supermarket in the middle of the afternoon. I need to encounter him in the pub to have any sort of conversation with him.

In my town, talking to an unusually dressed person, might be seen as an act of bravery. Talking to to an unusually dressed person in a pub (and there's no fancy dress policy), would be taken as one-chatting-up-the-other. :huh:

Write my phone number on a bit of paper, together with the words; "Text me." ;):D Carry it with you, and next time you see him, walk up from behind him and say; "Excuse me, I think you dropped this?" and hand him the note. :ph34r: Job done.

It'll probably come to nothing, but life's too short to miss opportunities like these surely?

I've had two encounters. The first was an unmitigated failure. the second had me chatting for 25 minutes in a large store, while he tried on and bought 5 pairs of heels. I even have photo's, but have yet to write it up. :rolleyes: But I'm not known for my shyness. :D

Write my phone number on a bit of paper, together with the words; "Text me." ;)/> :D/> Carry it with you, and next time you see him, walk up from behind him and say; "Excuse me, I think you dropped this?" and hand him the note. :ph34r:/> Job done.

It'll probably come to nothing, but life's too short to miss opportunities like these surely.

Giving my tel. number to a complete stranger who may turn out to be a local nutter? No thanks.

And what "opportunity" are we talking about? I'm curious about his heel wearing, sure, but I don't want to take him home to meet my mother!

• Like 1

Giving my tel. number to a complete stranger who may turn out to be a local nutter? No thanks.

And what "opportunity" are we talking about? I'm curious about his heel wearing, sure, but I don't want to take him home to meet my mother!

This made me chuckle.

the anonymous heel wearer is probably talking to someone saying that he noticed some guy keeps looking at him, and they're telling him to speak to the guy. His reply

what to a complete stranger who may turn out to be a local nutter?

:smile:

Unless 'we' share the same number, who mentioned your phone number? I said give him mine ..... ;)

And what "opportunity" are we talking about?

The opportunity of talking to someone with a shared interest?

As I have said many many many times ......

Even train-spotters form groups and meet up for social activity. Why is it that men who are interested in wearing a heel, seem so keen to isolate themselves from others with the same interest? :blink:

Freddie - you're right. I completely missed that it was YOUR number that you were suggesting I hand out.

I'll keep you posted on all further sightings of "Asian heel bloke".

On another topic, I was out with a new female friend last night and talking about how few people are unable to wear whatever they feel like wearing without society making their lives difficult (nb, we were in a rock pub and she had just pointed out a heavy metal geezer who was wearing a long black goth-style skirt.

She said, apart from a few heads turning, society in general wouldn't really care and people should just go for it.

I said, I'd like to wear heels openly and not feel self conscious . Her response was to say I should just go for it and wear heels the next time we go out. Obviously, I am now thinking hard about when next to see my new best friend!

On another topic, I was out with a new female friend last night

Naughty boy. ;):P:D

She said, apart from a few heads turning, society in general wouldn't really care and people should just go for it.

I said, I'd like to wear heels openly and not feel self conscious . Her response was to say I should just go for it and wear heels the next time we go out. Obviously, I am now thinking hard about when next to see my new best friend!

A very forward young lady, telling you there was to be a second date. ;)B)

I bet you couldn't believe your luck when she said to wear heels! :P:D

• Like 1

Well, the periodic sightings of Asian Heel Guy are continuing.

I've spotted him at a distance a couple of times. One time was when he was heading across Morrisons car park. Heels on show as usual.

Then last weekend, I spotted him at the checkout in Sainsburys. Black platform stiletto boots present & correct again. He's seemingly oblivious to the various sniggers & finger pointing that follow him.

Perhaps he's just brazen? perhaps he likes the attention?

Still no sightings of him in the pub but it can only be a matter of time.

Then last weekend, I spotted him at the checkout in Sainsburys. Black platform stiletto boots present & correct again. He's seemingly oblivious to the various sniggers & finger pointing that follow him.

Still waiting for a picture?  ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

He's still doing the rounds. A pic of him has appeared on a local girls' twitter/Instagram account

I can't copy/paste the picture from there.

Get yourselves on twitter and search "Aylesbury heels". The original poster is Hayleyn24

link direct to the Instagram page:-

http://instagram.com/p/kkkRxmSmYP/

This is in Tescos!  In broad daylight!

Brave bloke, out there doing what most of us can only dream of doing.

I did some low-key heeling in a local pub last night.

Hopefully my heels were 100% hidden & I won't be ending up on Instagram myself. 

Did a screen-grab in case the original disappears.

post-40-0-47629000-1405342522_thumb.jpg

Loved the comment; "What I seen in tesco Aylesbury an the fact he walked better in them heels then most girls made me laugh more."

She's not going to win any literacy awards with spelling and grammar of a 7 year old, but the message is clear enough.  B)

• Like 1

He looks good in them. Now if I were to wear heels like that in public I be over 6 foot 6. I think  my height would give me away.

I'm a little concerned for him really.

They are not what anyone - anywhere would describe, as subtle heels. Nor has he bothered to even attempt to conceal  them. Although most of us here are pretty switched-on to a heel, even a girl wearing those would catch the attention of most walking around. For him to brazenly wear them in such a way, suggests there's a hidden (not obvious) agenda surely?

For example: I'm not great with social etiquette all of the time. I am always respectful, usually calm and seldom prone to succumbing to a temper (tantrum). I sometimes speak my mind when or where others might not, but I always hope to do it in a way that I don't offend. When it suits me, I'm happy to be what I am regardless to what others might think. I can tolerate the staring if it's discreet, but I'm not so good on blatant gawping!

This fella, as harmless as he appears to be, doesn't seem to be held to the usual social boundaries most of us have surrounded ourselves with? I wonder how or why that has happened?

There might come a time when I might be similarly inclined. I have perhaps mentioned it to Mrs Freddy once or twice, especially when caught browsing the Saint Laurent style I like at the moment. Where and why would I wear £600 shoes? Well, tempting fate though it might be, the answer is if I were told I had 6 or 3 months to live. I'd like to think I'd buy the shoes I'd love to own and wear, and wear them for every single minute I still could. That would be EVERY waking minute I was dressed and stood upright. 

It's with my own Intentions in mind - assuming I will get a say in how I spend my last months - I wonder what the impetus could be for this fella's obvious reluctance to stick to the social norms of his perceived sex? He doesn't look like a budding Grayson Perry, nor Eddy Izzard given the rest of his attire. Looks to have too much facial hair to be in a drag act too?

Shame he doesn't live closer, I'm intrigued.  :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

In the past ten years of me actively looking for men/a man out in heels, I have seen two. One I tried (unsuccessfully) to engage in conversation, and a second younger chap, who I spent some 20 minutes talking to. (Second chap I have photo's of trying on shoes, and will one day get around to posting a write up of the incident.)

While not strictly speaking further incidents, they are related.

On Sunday last, as I parked up the car readying to venture into the West End, I noticed across the road a chap that was wearing what could be heeled calf boots. They were a bit shiny for men's shoes, and longer. I hadn't realised until a few moments ago, the fact I could see they were longer should have indicated something else, although I saw the something else as he got closer. No trousers or jeans! Although I was quick enough to get 5 'snaps' of him walking away, not one had his coat open enough to see what I saw as he crossed, that he had tights/stockings/hose on his naked legs. The coat was too long to see, but hopefully there was a skirt in there somewhere? 

P1140199a.thumb.jpg.9bf455c104351439ed0d15262f64da37.jpg

Don't let the long hair trick you into thinking I've photographed the back of a woman. His hairline started halfway across the top of his head, and those shoulders don't belong to a woman either... ;)

So "in theory", the third person in a woman's shoe in ten years ... So not due for another 'sighting' for another 3 and something years?

Try the next day.

P1150301a.thumb.jpg.af0f8673067ac7951ca888e697367277.jpg

While I can't be 100% sure, since everything else worn was woman's clothing, I'm going to take a punt on those shoes being woman's.

I kept seeing this person as I walked around, we doubtless following the same route/interest, though his a little more varied than mine.

What are the chances? But I do try to be observant, listening and looking at everything around me. And it helps I have a tool I can use to record what is going on, unnoticed. "A picture is worth a 1000 words" and a lot easier to upload too. ;) 

Edited by FastFreddy2