Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Shopping For First Pair Of Heels, Or Just A New Pair?

Taken from another thread (too off-topic).

If he hasn't got a pair. He wants to try and find a pair.

I think he wants a stealthy pair for public wear. He may have trouble as he is size 10.

I doubt it's possible to find a Size 10 (ladies) 'in-stock' in a retail store. I have some notion PriceLess Shoes keep them under their online Big Feet branding, but I don't recall their correct name, nor do I know if it still exists? Evans might also do a UK10, but I've no experience of them or their size range.

I've seen some size 9's in Primarmi, and New Look. I've recently seen a suitable high heel style claimed UK9½ in ALDO, but again, I doubt either of these would accommodate a wide fitting. The ALDO shoes/boots, were circa £100.

Since you've mentioned a rural town centre for high heel shopping, I have my doubts you'll get any success. I'd respectfully suggest a larger town or better, a city, or maybe a weekend 'goth' type fair where a wider range of sizes and suitable styles might be available.

Depending on your budget, there are a number of places the newbie might try. There's a couple in the UK that hand-make to a UK10, and Love4heels has his made abroad at an unbelievably attractive price if it's within budget.

Where are you hoping to find a size 10?

ALDO 9½ = US 42½ ..... post-40-0-76694200-1375974180_thumb.jpg

Edited by FastFreddy2

I wasn't sure if there would be any size 10, i had alot of messages from a new member on the other sites after welcoming him to the forum. He wanted to get boots and messaged me questions. He asked where I live and I said near Stevenage, so he wanted to meet up there.

See your pm for more info.

I will warn him he may be out of luck finding a pair.

Edited by hh4evr1

No PM received yet.

The shoe I posted above, might be ideal - if it fits. Most ALDO stores do not keep the larger sizes in stock, and they sell fast (wonder why?) :D

P.S.

He asked where I live and I said near Stevenage, so he wanted to meet up there.

I'm pretty paranoid about wearing a heel. I would always prefer to meet a complete stranger somewhere neutral, away from where I lived. If there was a problem, I don't want to find myself bumping into someone who knows one of my oldest secrets, anywhere near where I live (and obviously, where I can be found). :huh:

I remember my second "all welcome" heel meet, that happened to be in Watford, which is somewhere you might find me fairly frequently. Not until I knew I was amongst like minded people, did I put any heels on. ;)

You've obviously had some conversation with this fella, and it seems like you are comfortable meeting up close to home. I could meet up somewhere for a coffee, but Stevenage isn't a place worth travelling to for shoes. Watford possibly might be, as I indicated before, but Luton would be better yet.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Have message and responded. :)

I'm worrying unnecessarily. Keep us up to date with your progress. As before, happy to meet up somewhere worth travelling to. That excludes just about every town on the A1[M], though Hatfield does at least have the Outlet Mall, called Galleria. Not seen any shoes at TK Maxx there I liked for some time, but there's plenty of coffee stops, and lunchtimes provide plenty of eye-candy for those interested in heels. ;)