Sign in to follow this  
BobHH

Shoes USA

Shoes USA is a California company (www.shoesusa.com) that makes heels to your size and to some extent to your style. They are expensive compared to most of the popular brands (which are mostly made in China) such as Ellie, Pleaser, etc.

I purchased the Diana style (illustrated). It is a wood platform unit, metal heel, and leather footbed and upper. Price $209, size 13 US womens, medium width.

Critique: Very well constructed, lots of padding in footbed, all leather upper, very comfortable. These shoes are very generously sized, particularly in width - I would say one to maybe 2 sizes wider than Pleaser, for instance. They are also generous in length, but not as much. The soles are quite wide, unlike most mass-produced heels, so they are more stable and easier than most to walk in.

The 4 1/2 in. heel is not as high as I might want, but it's OK, with a rise of about 4 5/8 inches. A 5 1/2 in. heel is also listed but I think it requires going to a high platform, and even then has a rise of about a full 5 inches.

A thumbs up rating, but be careful of the sizes if you order.

post-4973-129209601298_thumb.jpg