Sign in to follow this  
hh4evr1

Matalan

I was in Matalan Wednesday and brought a pair of shoe boots. While trying them on in the isle a sales girl came and advised me that there was a bench around the corner if I wanted to use it whilst trying on shoes. She didn't seam phased that I was trying on ladies shoes.

Edited by hh4evr1

Definitely a positive experience then, maybe it's not as unusual as we all believe in our heads to be trying on ladies shoes, even in Matalan?

One of my fav places to buy, though most styles haven't had much of a heel since Christmas. (That I've noticed.) I'm overdue a visit though. ;)

There are some court shoes in the local Matalan. The heels may be a bit low for you though. Their summer shoes are mainly flat, they still have a few pairs boots but none with much of a heel.

Edited by hh4evr1

Matalan heeled boots can be pretty good sometimes, they include the occasional genuine leather pair.

One of my fav places to buy, though most styles haven't had much of a heel since Christmas. (That I've noticed.) I'm overdue a visit though. ;)

Been in and out more frequently over the last couple of months.

While I managed to snag a couple of pairs of bargain priced sandals (still awaiting photo's) early in the year, I remain disappointed since. Seems their H+S department have decided they must have a 'no really high-heels' policy. Shame.

Bit of aside .... but their jeans have taken a bit of a dive too. I've been tempted, and bought in the past. For some reason (buying demographic probably), their mens rise height has been lowered. Meaning, more hipster than proper waisted styles. Also, 'faded' colouring, rather than 'new' seems more prevalent?

Who -in their right mind- wants to look like they get their clothes from a charity shop, when they have a choice not to? Though thinking about, I don't think I've seen these styles in charity shops. I suppose clothes that look that worn, go straight for re-cycling (as rags).

Yes, I get that wealthy people are happy to pay silly amounts for ripped up 'designer' styles, but "fool and their money"? (As D.P. says, "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap". ;):D ) My take, is to the "Emperors' new clothes" fable. These people should be told they look ridiculous. :P:D

Edited by FastFreddy2