Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

An Unexpected Compliment

Recently my daughter was going to an event and needed to glam up (being a teenager she's only got trainers and hoodies as far as I can tell). After her and my wife had sorted her some trousers and a feminine top to wear, the shoes were next on the list. Having exhausted all other avenues my wife took me aside and asked if they could peruse my collection for suitable footwear (my daughter has the same size feet as me) and I agreed.

After they'd decided nothing suited their needs that I had (my daughter thinks they're mums still though) my wife came out to me and said "you have some really nice shoes". This is the first time she has called the shoes I have "nice" so I was taken aback and didn't take the opportunity to push the envelope a little.

After they'd decided nothing suited their needs that I had (my daughter thinks they're mums still though) my wife came out to me and said "you have some really nice shoes".

This is the first time she has called the shoes I have "nice" so I was taken aback and didn't take the opportunity to push the envelope a little.

I think our American cousins might say; "Ride the wave dude, ride the wave." :D

Or as we Brits might say; "Enjoy the moment." B)

There'll be plenty of time to beat yourself up later, if you think you missed out from (immediately) capitalising on the compliment. ;)

P.S.

It really was a nice thing to say, wasn't it. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2