Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Celeb Outfits - Yes Or No?

I read the Daily Mail On-Line because there's not much detail past the headlines, and there's usually plenty of pictures showing women in heels. They tend to celebs at film Premières, 'Award ceremonies etc etc. They are a bit right wing, so I stay away from the Politics section. :D

If I needed to explain further, it's how I got to include the photo's of Abbey Crouch, shown elsewhere.

So, spotted some outfits today, I thought worthy to include here, together with a 4 or 5 :rolleyes: word reason. Please leave comments!!

Christina Milian (singer apparently) ...... post-40-0-08818000-1366154241_thumb.jpg Platforms but stylish look.

More >> here <<

Edited by FastFreddy2

Kelly Brook. Glamorous actress, best known for the glamour.

Likes to wear a heel when in front of the camera. post-40-0-32465300-1366154413_thumb.jpg

And these are 'properly' high heels. post-40-0-14026100-1366154415_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-46815200-1366154416_thumb.jpg Loubies. B) I'm seriously impressed. ;)

More >> here <<

They all look gorgeous, i like the skinny jeans with ankle boots, thats how i often wear mine too. Heels go well with a light build in these pics, where as a heavier build would not look so great in stiletro heel, rather more a solid or block heel

Both celebs displaying very good taste when it cones to their choice of outfit!

Kelly Brook always looks the part in front of a camera, particularly like the Christina Millian boots though.... Wouldnt mind a pair myself!

Victoria Beckham (a personal fav). "Like". post-40-0-16812800-1366673017_thumb.jpg More >> here <<

Kate Hudson. "Like". post-40-0-41455800-1366673013_thumb.jpg More >> here <<

Miranda Kerr. "Like". post-40-0-76667300-1366673015_thumb.jpg More >> here <<

Kim Kardashian. "Not so much". post-40-0-35055700-1366673014_thumb.jpg (Essex girl? <ahttp://heels4men.net/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif' alt=':rolleyes:'>) More >> here <<

I think Victoria Beckham has spent her entire adult life walking tip-toe. A true high heel lifer.

Agreed. Her and Kylie Minogue. ;)B)

From all the recent pictures I'd seen of her lately, I thought Kate Hudson could be added to the list of women 'always in heels'. Maybe she could be on that single criteria, but her dress sense took a dive recently. Neither of the other two would make this sort of mistake ......... :huh:

She must have dressed in the dark? post-40-0-33437100-1366927495_thumb.jpg Outfit is a big "NO!"

From >> here <<

Another contender ...... Kate Beckinsale:

Lovely example of Louboutin Pigalle, but stripes and checks together? post-40-0-04733900-1366961377_thumb.jpg Nope!

More >> here <<

Not sure about the actress (don't know her) but this is a head-turning outfit ......

Samantha Barks ...... post-40-0-69123300-1366963164_thumb.jpg Big, BIG yessss!!

Went out with a girlfriend some 20+ years ago in a similar ensemble. (She even more slender, as hard as it is for me to comprehend the possibility. Though photo's help keep the memory alive. ;)) Why did we split? She couldn't wear a heel at all. (Duh! :rolleyes:) Or maybe she wouldn't, as she was already 2 or 3 inches taller than me. :)

I still see her from time to time. Still has a cracking figure. Legs up to her armpits. B) My loss.

Can we count in male celebs as well?

Adam Lambert is known to wear heels in regular basis. I usually like his style, specially like his style in the attached picture.

Source

post-1395-0-01694400-1374056264_thumb.jp

This is Lawrence Washington, aka "Miss Lawrence". A hairdresser to the the celebrities, from Atlanta, Georgia here in the U.S. . A free spirit who doesn't really subscribe to either gender, he is always in heels, and rocks some great boots much of the time. He possesses a courage in the public eye that is inspiring to me.

lawrence41.jpg

lawrence2011(1).jpg

lawrence3.jpg

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

He certainly wears those boots well.

Well posed.....

Was the irony that he was wearing heels, but the photo doesn't show the heels? Sure he has on pointed shoes, but I couldn't see a heel.

(I found a Tweeted picture that shows the heels - possibly 50mm high max.) 

Is >> this << where he picked up the taste for them? 

Another. Canadian punk musician-DJ Plastik Patrik. This guy always performs in very high heeled stiletto boots, and maintains an androgynous vibe most of the time. Even when not performing, he wears heels in public. 

FB_IMG_1455455050070.jpg

10 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

None of that works for me, I'm afraid. Not my thing at all.

I'm guessing you're referring to the pics of Patrik. I'm primarily a "boots" person, so the second pic doesn't do much for me. But the outfit with the yellow boots, I like. 

I just don’t do androgyny - doesn't do a thing for me. I am a jeans and boots guy...

Edited by Shyheels

19 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I just don’t do androgyny - doesn't do a thing for me. I am a jeans and boots guy...

I understand. Unfortunately, we all are walking a fine line as far as acceptance is concerned, because high heeled footwear is commonly associated with women. 

True - high heels, and tall boots, for that matter, with or without heels, are definitely associated with feminine fashions. But a change of footwear, on its own, does not create an androgynous look, let alone drift into cross dressing.

Very often men who do wear heels in public do create androgynous looks for themselves and I think that is one of the reasons men are not likely to take up wearing heels en masse. The association with androgyny, TV and CD is too strong. Indeed every time some fashion house makes a grab for publicity by having male models in heels at one of their shows, it is nearly always with some androgynous look that most men, myself included, would run a mile from wearing, 

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

True - high heels, and tall boots, for that matter, with or without heels, are definitely associated with feminine fashions. But a change of footwear, on its own, does not create an androgynous look, let alone drift into cross dressing.

Very often men who do wear heels in public do create androgynous looks for themselves and I think that is one of the reasons men are not likely to take up wearing heels en masse. The association with androgyny, TV and CD is too strong. Indeed every time some fashion house makes a grab for publicity by having male models in heels at one of their shows, it is nearly always with some androgynous look that most men, myself included, would run a mile from wearing, 

Alas, it's doubtful that men wearing high heels will ever become the norm, especially here in the U.S., where the perception of "masculinity" seems to be set in stone.

You are both walking into "blue trees" territory.

You can call them any colour you like, but when the rest of the world calls them green, they're green.

With that second picture, the only thing that's outwardly feminine, is the shoes. 

Shorts, tee-shirt, bob (bowl) hair cut - male. Okay, eye-liner not usually seen on men, as long as you forget Marc Bolan, Duran Duran and others.

In my world, wearing footwear specifically designed for women, is cross-dressing, although you North Americans have a peculiar way of associating it with TV activity and male prostitution which is almost unheard of over here in the UK.

Androgyny is either a foot in both 'camps', or a foot in neither. If I asked 100 people if they thought men wearing high heels had them with a foot in both camps, most would say yes. Those that didn't, would think both feet were in a different camp to "male". It's the way it is, not the way I want it. (We know the wife of a well liked/well respected member here, who has immoderate views on this, which are not exactly unique. Another two liked/trusted members here, had serious relationship problems with their interest in heels being a contributory factor. A third had serious resistance to his heel wearing, because his wife thought it was the first step to becoming a TV.)

Some years ago I enraged a high heel wearer in HHp for saying the same thing.  Some people don't like and some don't tolerate well, this truth. It's all very well our small clique of men into wearing heels saying/suggesting it's completely 'normal' (as it is to us). The sad fact is, this isn't considered normal by most other people, and they wouldn't even concede to it being androgyny or cross-dressing: we'd be classed as TV's or "gay's". :( 

For me there are no barriers to clothing styles. In my little bubble, folk can wear whatever they want, there's no such thing as men or women's clothing. That said, there's no style excuse for dressing badly. I don't understand men with beards wearing makeup. I don't understand large people (men or women) wearing inappropriate clothing for their size. That usually means trying to disguise a large frame, with an even larger outfit.... While skinny people doing the same is a significantly less common occurrence, wearing oversize clothing doesn't suits anyone. 

Not only do I want - as an ideal - desexualised clothing (completely androgynous), I support it. As far as that goes, one of my very few regrets, is that I didn't have the courage of my convictions when young enough and slim enough to get away with it as a style statement. Closer to the end of my life than the start, I am too late to "change the world". And as I've also mentioned before, had I taken that course in the 1980's, I would have died some years ago. The excesses of the 80's and 90's produced a very unhealthy environment for those in the 'art' and entertainment fields. I'm sure I would have succumbed, as so many did.      

Edited by FastFreddy2
Grammar + two more paragraphs.