Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

For The 'elegant' Larger Footed Heel Wearer?

Saw these amongst the regular spam sales blurbs I get from ALDO. Not my colour (anything as long as its black), but warmer weather might arrive, and these look very élégante. Thought they might be worth a mention, because they come in a larger size, though it doesn't seem that way if a search is done on the specific shoe size? [Duff search engine on their web site?]

Won't be around for long!! post-40-0-11926800-1364678972_thumb.jpg

From here >> Clicky <<

- Heel Height: 13 cm.

- Platform Height: 1 cm.

(So 5 inch heels). And come up in a size UK 9½.

@heelman500

Also, saw these on an auction site ......

post-40-0-18740900-1364679590_thumb.jpg

Nine West, (usually generous in sizing) come in size 9 .....

These look very similar to the shoes that were in your avatar. [That now doesn't show anything?]

I have reposted my avatar shot, hopefully back up! Not sure if I am having difficulties because I am accessing the web from a mobile.

In terms of those Aldo heels, it will definitely be worth trying a pair at Westfield, though at £70 I won't be purchasing!

Would be interested in the Nine West heels as their 11w size fits me nicely!

The avatar is working again, and very pleasant it is to see it again too. B)

If you want to have a better look at the NW shoes, do a search using the file name. I had (cleverly) announced the item number as the file name. ;) You may have to select the size you want from the dropdown options.

You'll be lucky to find a size 9 in store. Think they class them as special sizes (along with a size 3) and maybe order in only. I now prefer to try them at home anyway, exciting as it can be 'in store'. I have anything up to 4 weeks to try them out, so 4 weeks to decide whether to buy or return. If I time it right, I also get to return a pair I want, and buy them back at a sale price?

They are very 'girlie' shoes, and have a challengingly high heel. They look comfortable, and might be the sort of sandals I would wear if I had a choice. With my slim feet, they usually slip through a sandal and off the front of the shoe. Consequently sandal styles are unsuitable, and at £70, perhaps I should be happy at that? ;):D

I had a look at the NW uk website and they have a few nice pairs on there, I think that I shall have to wait for the sales!

I have noticed that Debenhams seem to stock the size 9's so that may be worth a look!

ALDO have added black leather to the range.

post-40-0-94367100-1364951022_thumb.jpg ..... but are £80

Still come in the larger size though. ;)

Held them both in the flesh today. Really are, élégante. :wub:

You should have tried them on to check that you didn't slip through the front. Then you could buy a pair.

I am definitely liking the black pair, i can see myself blowing £80 if I actually got a pair in my hand!

The only question is where would I wear them??

Then you could buy a pair.

The only question is where would I wear them??

Exactly right .......

If they fitted, if my feet didn't slip through, if I got them at good price, what would I do with them? :huh:

Ideally, Mrs Freddy would wear a pair .... but we haven't had the sort of sandal wearing weather I would need, to get her in them - for years. :(

Edited by FastFreddy2

I wouldn't mind seeing a pair on Mrs Heelmans feet, but considering her attitude to heels.... And the fact they would be worn once! I am not spending £80 on them for her

Waved a picture of these past Mrs Freddy, and let her have a brief read ..... about the 'summer' remark.

No positive noises .... probably means she'd sooner I wore them, than she did. :rolleyes:

Shame really, as I would much prefer she owned them. Though she's not a fan of ALDO sizing nor fit. As we haven't had a day out together for a couple of months, perhaps we should have one soon? Then probably stumble across a store for her to try a pair for size and fit? ;):D

No, not worth the effort. :( It'll only tease me, and I get enough of that already. :wacko:

If you did manage to stumble across a pair, and did manage to get her to try them....

Who would end up paying, do you have to buy or does Mrs Freddy buy her own??

I know that Mrs Heelman would get almost any pair, as long as I was paying lol

If you did manage to stumble across a pair, and did manage to get her to try them....

Who would end up paying, do you have to buy or does Mrs Freddy buy her own??

It's been a long time since I bought Mrs Freddy's shoes. She has enough money to make her own choices, and will buy what pleases her. The only influence I have these days, is to suggest I wouldn't go out with her in a particularly unattractive pair of shoes. She only has the one pair, so it's not a big issue. [i really dislike a 'kitten' heel, and in fact prefer a completely flat shoe.]

When we first got together, her shoe wardrobe was about 5 pairs deep, and that was just about every pair she owned. Me providing funding to double that, wasn't a hardship. Now, the collection is much much deeper. She's a thing for flip flops, and likes a bit of bling. Consequently she now has something like 40 pairs. There are styles of every shape, most colours, most sole thickness's, and most heights. There have been times in the past when it was almost impossible for her to go out without buying a pair. I can even remember one occasion we took two pairs back to the stores, only to come home with three new pairs.

Thing is, we tend to go out in better weather. Not had much for a couple of years, so she's not been out in heels a lot, and I think her interest is on the wane. :( The two foot injuries she sustained continues to be a problem, which doesn't help. Consequently, I'm less inclined to take her to ALDO (who's 'fit' she doesn't favour anyway), and get her to try on the high heeled sandals, because it can't go anywhere?

Mrs Freddy would own them, and unlikely ever wear them. Three years from now, I'd be putting them on the auction site....

Some will be thinking; 'bedroom slippers'? Well, there's plenty of those already, including some I've funded as they might have been particularly attractive.

A very high heel, 4½ - 5 inch in a UK6 isn't a walking shoe. Mrs Freddy has always been happy to wear a very high heel, provided she doesn't have to walk anywhere. eg. Being driven to a restaurant, or theatre, mostly sitting with a little standing perhaps. We live a 12 minute walk from a street full of pubs with music and restaurants. Or a 12 minute walk in a different direction for a theatre, cinema and more restaurants. In driving terms, possibly 4 minutes to each and an embarrassingly short cab ride. We have (or I have) yet to resolve the conflict of paying £5 rather than taking that 12 minute walk. Especially since that might be a 12 minute walk I could be making in heels.....

On balance, owning those rather attractive shoes would be better if bought in my size, as there would more chance of them being worn rather than being sold on - unworn. But I've already got more than enough high heeled footwear, including some recently acquired wedge sandals I've yet to photograph.

Possibly I could be tempted, but not in a sandal. There are already 3 Kurt Geiger styles calling with louder voices ....... :D

I know that Mrs Heelman would get almost any pair, as long as I was paying lol

I think the only way around this, is some 'incentive' ..... ?

An obvious solution is to have her pay fro them, and you do a Pay-As-You-Wear scheme. Say 20% of the purchase value every time they're worn? Wear them 5 times, and they're a free addition to her collection?

Might need to downgrade the percentage on a P-A-Y-W scheme for 'bedroom slippers' though. :P:D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Nice thought Freddy..... P A Y W.... Might have to implement that one..

I have noticed that if I eyeball heels on other women's feet and she notices, she then gets more of a desire to wear heels...

I usually direct her in the direction of newlook and the like, though Dorothy Perkibs has some really nice heels in the sale!

I wonder if I can get her to wear the same style heels that I just bought.... Don't think I will be getting any his n hers pics though!

She has not complained about her feet recently, so maybe I shall get her back into heels soon

She has not complained about her feet recently, so maybe I shall get her back into heels soon

I can get Mrs Freddy in heels anytime, just as long as I'm treating her like she's special. That means she doesn't have to walk anywhere, (no prospect of it either), and I make a fuss of her while she's in them. We'll do something she likes, food out is a favourite. A special occasion perhaps, when I'll offer to not only do the driving, but make sure I get her to an entrance without any leg/ankle stress.

After herself read this (not my intention) she has mentioned that it helps that she likes dressing up in heels.

I have remarked to a friends girlfriend (who doesn't much like heels), no woman puts them on expecting to look worse than before? Take a look at the girls/women at Aintree. Going out on an expensive, cold/wet/windy day ...... Flats or heels? It doesn't take a mind-reader or psychoanalyst to work it out. Women know they look better (read 'more attractive') in a heel.

Flattering and rewarding a heel wearer, can only increase the chance of seeing them worn again?

Edited by FastFreddy2