Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

Members: What Are Your Favourite Pair Of Heels

We all have favourites in everything we do, so here let's share what our favourite heels are obviously pictures would be better than descriptions but either is great.

My personal favourite pair came from Evans online, and have a small platform sole and are patent black Mary-Jane style with a stiletto heel. Very comfortable with a cushioned sole and not too high to wear for a while.

Here is a pretty poor picture of them...

post-46-0-98200400-1364574819_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Difficult question..... So I am going to fudge my answer somewhat,

In terms of what I like to wear for public heeling, then my Evans black blockheel boots are my absolute favoutite...... They have hardly been off my feet since I got them! They are very quiet and discreet and also being from Evans are EEE width.

In terms of truly absolutely adorable heels, then I am a stiletto man all the way and todays purchase are my new favourite....

Wearable- Yes.

Comfortable- pretty much (Still need wearing in)

Discreet- Hell no

Look good- Oh Yes

Would I wear these in public- I definitely will do

Sorry it's not a straightforward answer but hope this helps.

post-861-0-69901500-1364584025_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-61366700-1364584056_thumb.jpg

A hard one to answer ......

I have about 5 styles I would be loathe to be without. I guess the acid test would be .... Boat is sinking, or wake to find the house on fire, what pair should I save with only hands for the one pair?

A style called Saint from KG. I have a brand new pair bought from HoF Bluewater for about £30 at least 4 years ago. Bought an identical 'worn once' pair from an auction site 3 years ago. The used ones, despite being stored in the open, still have foot odour -not mine- coming from inside. So like the new ones, remain unworn by me. :(

They are wonderful to put on. Have an almond shaped toe, with a very slight upward tilt in the toebox, making the ball of the foot seem to sit inside a cup? With elasticated gussets, they are a slip on slip off shoe boot with a moderately high stiletto heel.

Will add a picture tomorrow. B)

Couple of poor quality pictures, taken yesterday with room light boosting the dim light from outside. :rolleyes: [snowing here again, on and off.]

post-40-0-46849300-1364727169_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-00285800-1364727171_thumb.jpg

You'll notice the slightly upward turn on the toe-box. Makes the shoe surprisingly comfortable.

And this is a comparison between the Saint, and the more recent Menzies style. Both around the same heel height, though the Saint heel is ever-so-slightly slimmer.

The rise in the Saint is more compressed, making the heel feel higher? I've mentioned this before (and included a picture elsewhere, showing the same effect on a Schuh vs ALDO court shoes .... )

post-40-0-55018400-1364727170_thumb.jpg

The elasticated gusset won't be to everyones taste, but they work well. When walking they feel like a high heeled slipper, they are so comfortable. "Exquisite", is the single word to describe them. Bit like a Porsche 911, function over form! B)

• Like 1

Both very nice and very wearable boots, I for one would definitely wear a pair of these in public.

I'm not overkeen on the upturned toe box, but that is only a minir niggle, and if as you say they are like a high heeled slipper, I would never be out of them... Well only when "Her indoors" is about!

You certainly know how to select a fine pair of heels Freddy!

I'm not overkeen on the upturned toe box, but that is only a minir niggle, and if as you say they are like a high heeled slipper,

The box looks a little larger in the photo's, mostly because of the lens I used. Overall, it is a tad larger than 'usual' and it provides plenty of room for toes. I don't know if it was some sort of experiment, but it works. Mindful most of my shoe is usually under a trouser or leg on my dark jeans, the feel of the heel and the walkability of the design is fairly important. I don't feel the need to cripple my feet to wear an attractive style, though I would loathe to wear a truly ugly shoe.

If I can, I'll try to do a composite of my 5 (or 6) fav styles. But the ones I'd save if the boat was sinking or house was on fire? The ones in the pictures. B)

I have two favourite pairs of high heels. Was going to post a second photo of the second pair but don't have a suitable photo to hand.

post-52-0-18150600-1375988313_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heels
  • Like 1

Mentioned elsewhere, I finally wore one of my Top 5 to a do a week or so ago. A pair of court shoes I bought perhaps 3 or 4 years ago from SELECT, a budget range girls fashion store. One shouldn't expect much for £10, but they fitted really really well, and looked good too.

Wore them from about 6.30pm until around 11pm, and they are likely going to the charity shop. [Full report in "Outing" thread, when I get time to do the write up.] Quite a lot of the plastic covering on the inside of the shoe has peeled, and there's also some cracking on the upper. :( Disappointed/unhappy about this.... Soles and heel tips show very little to no wear at all, but the uppers look like they've been worn for some time. :unsure:

Consequently, I'm on the lookout for a replacement leather court shoe. ;) Got a couple of patent ones, but I doubt they'll ever get worn outside of some sort of fetish gig (so never then! :P:D ) Since I have done a public walk in courts, I might be tempted again, but next time in better quality shoes. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

My favourite pair would be my black suede otk stiletto boots. The are beautifully made, with this rich suede and fit me perfectly - not just on the foot but ankles and calves and lower thigh as well.

Aesthetically speaking, my favourite pair are my Pleaser Sexy 20 in red patent.

large.sexy_20.jpg.ff0ab3263e624c0b630503355780982a.jpg

But they are incredibly hard to walk in, due to the 5"+ vertical heel. So my next favourite pair would be my black leather Pleaser Seduce 420 with 5" heel. They have a classic stiletto heel shape so much easier to walk in. Unfortunately they don't photograph well, so still trying to get a good shot that does them justice!

• Like 2

Certainly classics!

I discovered the first time I wore my stiletto knee boots with the 120mm heels (and Italian Heels scales up the heel heights in propportion to size, so they are rather more than 120mm) that wearing them was an incredibly good workout for my calf muscles!  I had no trouble balancing or walking, but my calves certainly felt the difference. It was a better workout than any amount of cycling up hills. I reckoned that wearing stilettos for an hour a day would be great training for cycling even if one wasn't into heels!  

I spent a couple of hours in heels yesterday, and I’m feeling it in my thighs. I agree with you about  being good training for cycling - I feel a little more power in my legs after any time in heels. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Oakeetoes said:

I spent a couple of hours in heels yesterday, and I’m feeling it in my thighs. I agree with you about  being good training for cycling - I feel a little more power in my legs after any time in heels. 

Who'd have thought - stilettos as part of a training regime. Certainly more pleasurable than hill climbs or intervals! :) 

23 hours ago, Oakeetoes said:

Aesthetically speaking, my favourite pair are my Pleaser Sexy 20 in red patent.

But they are incredibly hard to walk in, due to the 5"+ vertical heel. So my next favourite pair would be my black leather Pleaser Seduce 420 with 5" heel. They have a classic stiletto heel shape so much easier to walk in. Unfortunately they don't photograph well, so still trying to get a good shot that does them justice!

Do you mean that the red shoes have a stiletto that is placed towards the back of the shoe, rather than in the more traditional (and more aesthetically appealing) position under the heel of the foot?   If so, I can see why you find the former more difficult to walk in.   

So, the red patent heels in the photo do have a stiletto that is placed towards the back of the shoe.

I do agree with you on the aesthetic appeal of the more traditional stiletto, although with a 5” traditional stiletto on a larger shoe, such as my Seduce 420 in a UK12, they don’t look as high as a 5” contemporary vertical heel on a larger sized shoe.

I’m not sure that I’m explaining myself well, but overall I think the red patent “sexy 20” has a better overall look, whereas the heel of the “seduce 420” is more attractive. 

I understand what you mean. It’s all a matter of lines and proportions.

I especially like the lines of my Italian Heels 120mm stiletto knee boots. The 100mm version is very appealing (and less challenging to walk in) but the more imperious lines of the 120s just conjure up the notion of stiletto boots that little bit better. Any higher though and the look becomes forced to my eyes, bunched up and overdone.

On my black suede otk boots it’s different. There the four inch heels are just right. Perhaps it has something to do with the height of the boot. OTK boots can easily look hookerish or fetishy if you’re not careful (which is why I went for suede) and the  slightly thicker, four inch stiletto heels give the boots a classier look while still definitely being stilettos

On 9/9/2020 at 10:42 PM, Oakeetoes said:

So, the red patent heels in the photo do have a stiletto that is placed towards the back of the shoe.

I do agree with you on the aesthetic appeal of the more traditional stiletto, although with a 5” traditional stiletto on a larger shoe, such as my Seduce 420 in a UK12, they don’t look as high as a 5” contemporary vertical heel on a larger sized shoe.

I’m not sure that I’m explaining myself well, but overall I think the red patent “sexy 20” has a better overall look, whereas the heel of the “seduce 420” is more attractive. 

Yes, understood.   I think the (regrettable) trend for some years towards the rear-placement heels is to give the illusion of a higher heel.  Cheating really!   What next - thick soles to reduce the effective rise?  :o  I hope not!! :lol:

• Like 1

I spent some time in the red patents yesterday evening, including about twenty minutes outside on solid ground - it’s only a small patio, so found myself doing mini laps round the garden furniture. There’s also a small strip by the side of the house where I could practise walking in a straight line.

Going back inside, walking across carpet felt comparatively easy, so I’d like to revise my previous statement about them being ‘incredibly hard to walk in’, to ‘possible to walk in with plenty of practise.’

My favourites are my new custom-made OTK boots - buttery soft black leather with 2"  block heels, ankle zip and almond toes.