Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

The Youth Of Today

I had a evening trip out to Primark at High Wycombe (about 6ish) , and was again wearing my Evans block heel boots. There were relatively few people about, considering it is Easter weekend I am not surprised, and whilst I encountered no problems, wearing my heels, very discreet and minimal noise! I noticed that feral groups of adolecents were roaming the shopping centre, hoodies up, caterwailing to other equally awful groups!

I found the whole atmosphere very unpleasant as most of the genuine shoppers were scurrying from store to store, heads down, not wanting to attract attention. The little hooligans don't bother me, but I wonder 1. What are the security (who are always visible in the day) doing, because they were certainly noticeable by their absence!

2. Why is something not being done with these young hooligans?

Personally I believe that some form of national service should be introduced, to teach a little respect and discipline!

Or we could just make them all wear heels!! (For a while- but this would probably breach the poor little darlings Human rights!)

I found the whole atmosphere very unpleasant as most of the genuine shoppers were scurrying from store to store, heads down, not wanting to attract attention. The little hooligans don't bother me, but I wonder 1. What are the security (who are always visible in the day) doing, because they were certainly noticeable by their absence!

I think the short answer is; the general lack of enthusiasm for confrontation.

That, and the lack of support for 'sensible attitudes' from the Police/Establishment. How often do you read about the victims of crime being arrested, because they fought back? :angry:

I think the short answer is; the general lack of enthusiasm for confrontation.

That, and the lack of support for 'sensible attitudes' from the Police/Establishment. How often do you read about the victims of crime being arrested, because they fought back? :angry:/>

You are right, people (Even those employed to do security) do not want confrontation, which is a shame.. In years past one or more of the adults about would have dispensed a swift clip to the ear.... But now that would get you arrested!

The main problem has been 10 years of Labour rule with a human rights reason why nothing can be done;

At least the new home secretary Theresa May IS making the right noises; and has good intentions.... But finds her hands tied by our judicial system!

Look at the case of Tony Martin, shoots a burgular and He goes to prison... At least recently they have changed the law and made it harder to prosecute people defending their homes!

Look at the riots.... No political motivation, just the idle youth seeing a way to get what they want Now instead of having to wirk or save for it! I don't think things will improve for the better in the near future, so we are stuck with the hoody "Yoof" culture!

Perhaps I should apply to be a magistrate...... That said I wouldn't get through because I would be too hard line!

At least the new home secretary Theresa May IS making the right noises; and has good intentions.... But finds her hands tied by our judicial system!

We are our own worst enemy. :rolleyes:

Can't extradite terrorists because they might not get an absolutely fair trial ......

A trial in Jordan would still be fairer than the trial system he would implement here, given the opportunity.

In fact using the system he would have here, as an outspoken radical critic to the ruling government regime, he would have been hung (strangled) at the end of a JCB jib 8 years ago.

Same is true of convicted/suspected multiple murderers and rapists. Can't send them back to their own countries, because they might be imprisoned, or executed? Surely, that's what they deserve? Living here shouldn't give them a pardon. Especially when it seems to only give them free license to carry on their criminal activity here? :rolleyes: >> Clicky <<

Edited by FastFreddy2

Yep we sure are our own worst enemy.... And thats the problem, if you go to the middle east and misbehave, you will get tried AND punished by their laws and rightly so.

Similarly with that British woman caught smuggling in Bali, she get's sentenced to death and there is uproar here, but st the end of the day, she was smuggling drugs which would undoubtedly ended up here or the US and caused a whole raft of social problems that comes witg drug misuse.

I've got no sympathy with them, you do the crime, you do the time .... Simple. Unless of course you live in bleeding heart Britain!

if you go to the middle east and misbehave, you will get tried AND punished by their laws and rightly so.

Another reason for the influx of hardened criminals. Sooooooo easy here. Rich rewards for crime. And get caught here, soft punishment, and often, no punishment.

Watched a TV program couple of days ago, called Fake Britain. Woman caught being the receiving person for 120 stolen passports [street value circa £5,000 each]. Nothing. Person caught running from a drug manufacturing house in the same street (blues and twos had panicked him). Nothing.

You couldn't make it up!

You don't need to make it up, it's Britain.......they should have a sign at Heathrow, welcome to London; where the streets are paved with gold!

It really annoys me that soft targets eg Motorists are picked on as an easy revenue source, yet genuine crime gets an easy ride.

A friend of mine got called into the Magistrates court on a trivial matter, the preceeding case was a lad who had battered an old lady for the £20 in her handbag and got an extra £1 a week on his fine! But he had to tell the clerk if it would leave him short and they would have to accept delayed payment! My mate got an unconditional discharge because the police could not prove his alleged traffic violation..... What can you say!