Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

Oddities - Fun And Different Heels You'd Probably Never Wear

It's a bit of both!

My wife approves of the boots - says she loves the look of them and wishes she could have a pair too (alas, foot problems means strictly no heels)  Somehow the fact that she was quite enthusiastic about the boots makes me feel even better about this brave new step!

I can well imagine that 5+ miles awed in a 4" heel would have done wonders for your fitness! You must have had calves like a sherpa's!

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It's a bit of both!

My wife approves of the boots - says she loves the look of them and wishes she could have a pair too (alas, foot problems means strictly no heels)  Somehow the fact that she was quite enthusiastic about the boots makes me feel even better about this brave new step!

Bummer.

I can well imagine that 5+ miles awed in a 4" heel would have done wonders for your fitness! You must have had calves like a sherpa's!

Not at all. It doesn't matter what I do with my legs, they remain lean. If I had thicker ankles/calves I could probably wear OTK boots without them looking like wellies. (As with the 'Natalie' thigh boots posted recently.)

Of course walking is good for your heart/lungs, good for core (since upright not sitting), good for stamina. That mileage would have taken 2 or 3 evenings out. Mrs Freddy would sometimes drop me at the next town, and I would walk back. Sounds like a long way, but not around here. Another couple of houses and the towns I speak of would be completely merged. The regular exercise got 2-3 inches off my waist, likely more if Autumn/Winter hadn't got in the way. Thing is, it was wearing a heel that got me out, not the love of walking. While many move into a gym in Winter, where could I (realistically) go to keep walking in a heel? Short of buying a walking machine for my use at home of course....  

Edited by FastFreddy2

I envy you, SH, for your supportive and admiring wife - and feel sympathy for you, Freddy, in that yours, although also a supporter, is now a reluctant wearer.   My wife is also a reluctant wearer - her reluctance being magnified to some extent by the knowledge that I would like her to wear them - and most certainly an opponent of me or any other male heel-wearer.   She would not be swayed by any claimed benefits in terms of backache relief or improved exercise.

I was really quite chuffed when she praised my choice of boots. She was quite enthusiastic. That really puts it all into a shiny new light! Very excited about it all now.

Just now, Shyheels said:

I was really quite chuffed when she praised my choice of boots. She was quite enthusiastic. That really puts it all into a shiny new light! Very excited about it all now.

You won't be needing any PVC leggings then? ;)

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

and feel sympathy for you, Freddy, in that yours, although also a supporter, is now a reluctant wearer.   

Her regularly damaging her feet (now on its third iteration) isn't helping. The last event, quite a problem.

If I offer to drive her somewhere were she doesn't have to do much walking, she is happy to wear a heel. (High heels, not just a heel.)

Trouble is, our social life isn't what it was, nor for that matter is it for many our age. Pubs are expensive, and generally more eateries than (meeting) drinking holes. People we were friends with have moved away, passed away, or not in contact .... Neighbours are (generally) barely able to walk and we can't invite people around - into a building site...  Age has an effect. We were invited to a birthday bash tonight. Mrs F has started work at 6am this week, and despite us expecting to attend, she is just too tired. I don't blame her. While I can stay active through the night, I just can't do early mornings, so her being able to, is something I will never be able to match. 

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

You've fully embraced .... The Dark Side .... ;) :P :D

Edited by FastFreddy2

3 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Her regularly damaging her feet (now on its third iteration) isn't helping. The last event, quite a problem.

If I offer to drive her somewhere were she doesn't have to do much walking, she is happy to wear a heel. (High heels, not just a heel.)

Trouble is, our social life isn't what it was, nor for that matter is it for many our age. Pubs are expensive, and generally more eateries than (meeting) drinking holes. People we were friends with have moved away, passed away, or not in contact .... Neighbours are (generally) barely able to walk and we can't invite people around - into a building site...  Age has an effect. We were invited to a birthday bash tonight. Mrs F has started work at 6am this week, and despite us expecting to attend, she is just too tired. I don't blame her. While I can stay active through the night, I just can't do early mornings, so her being able to, is something I will never be able to match. 

You've fully embraced .... The Dark Side .... ;) :P :D

Totally! :)

5 hours ago, Puffer said:

You won't be needing any PVC leggings then? ;)

No leggings for me - just the PVC jeans! For which I want to get stiletto ankle boots to accompany!

From extremehighheels.net. I've already confirmed that I can have a pair of these made in my size, if I want. And I'm considering it. :-)

2018-01-12_09-49-01.jpg

• Like 1

That is quite high!

The proportions look nice though. Often with really high heels boots take on a 'scrunched' look. Those have nice lines.

Have you ordered them?

Edited by Shyheels

Just now, Shyheels said:

That is quite high!

The proportions look nice though. Often with really high heels boots take on a 'scrunched' look. Those have nice lines.

Have you ordered them?

Not yet. But soon, hopefully. I might actually see if they can make the shaft of the boot a few inches taller.

Just now, pointyboot said:

Not yet. But soon, hopefully. I might actually see if they can make the shaft of the boot a few inches taller.

Well, they are very nice boots. A nice take on the cowboy boot by the look of things. 

3 hours ago, pointyboot said:

From extremehighheels.net. I've already confirmed that I can have a pair of these made in my size, if I want. And I'm considering it. :-)

2018-01-12_09-49-01.jpg

Nice-looking boots - but very expensive, surely?   I believe the maker is 'Omano', which does (or did) a very good-looking 'man's' ankle boot with a 5.5"+ block/cuban heel.

I don’t know about pointyboots, but .i would rather pay more for something I really liked and have fewer pair - even only one, if it was a good one.

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

Nice-looking boots - but very expensive, surely?   I believe the maker is 'Omano', which does (or did) a very good-looking 'man's' ankle boot with a 5.5"+ block/cuban heel.

They certainly aren't cheap, but custom made boots are something I only indulge in occasionally. 

I don’t know about pointyboots, but .i would rather pay more for something I really liked and have fewer pair - even only one, if it was a good one.

I will OCCASIONALLY order a custom pair. Admittedly, my boot collection is getting on the old and tattered side, and it's time to bring it down to a few pair that I'm really comfortable with. 

Hmmmm. That may change. ;)

Extreme High Heels You Tube channel link:  https://www.youtube.com/user/taconxxl/videos

Just now, Shyheels said:

Actually no - in part because having bought some nice boots and examined my finances, it can’t change! :)

Well, I did say "may".....

And despite your best intentions, I think that sometime in the future, you will succumb to something(s) a lot less expensive. :huh:

Trouble is, I have champagne tastes (despite my beer finances)

On the bright side my boots arrived - very nice too, well worth the money, and confirming me in my liking for nice but few!

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

On the bright side my boots arrived - very nice too, well worth the money, and confirming me in my liking for nice but few!

And still no indication of what they are? :(

Sorry! 

They are classic black stiletto  knee boots with 100mm (four inch) heels - actually the heels are probably a bit longer than that since they are scaled up in proportion to one's shoe size. They are simple, elegant. I love 'em. Perfect! Since this is a thread about quirky heels one would probably never wear, and these are classics that I most certainly will wear, I shall start another thread!

Edited by Shyheels

Whilst not heels, definitely something I don't ever want to see in public:

5a5d3639d4961_TopshopsuspenderjeanAW2017x2.thumb.jpg.da57a08f55d50b548e29f20d233b6262.jpg

Part of Topshop AW2017 collection, originally offered at £85. Now reduced to £50. (Copyright recognised.)

Makes as much sense as open toe long boots.... :wacko:

• Haha 1