Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

Oddities - Fun And Different Heels You'd Probably Never Wear

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Hideous, truly hideous...

Indeed.   Shirley ('Strictly') Ballas - who should know better - was pictured in a similar garment recently:

Shirley Ballas at Loose Women TV Show in London 01/10/2018

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Indeed.   Shirley ('Strictly') Ballas - who should know better - was pictured in a similar garment recently:

Shirley Ballas at Loose Women TV Show in London 01/10/2018

The back looked even worse.

What's not shown here (and I'm loathe to include it) is that the skirt part of the outfit doesn't exist in the rear. If I remember, the lovely Shirley is wearing black knickers, and shows them to us as she dances in a circle. I'd have preferred some slinky leggings which would have been much more appropriate, and I don't mean because of her age. This is a midday/lunchtime show. I doubt even Katie Price would have a lack of taste so low she would be foolish enough to wave her knickers at the audience? (Okay, maybe she would. :D

1 hour ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Or in private! I suppose some might think high heels just as unthinkable as this 'style'. Has the model been plugged into the mains?

Well she was wearing heels too, so I guess she is really unthinkeable any way you want to look at it! :)

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Well she was wearing heels too, so I guess she is really unthinkeable any way you want to look at it! :)

I hadn't seen the later pictures when I wrote that. Most outfits look better with red stilettos...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pointyboot said:

Saw these on eBay. Made by a company called 1969? If they made these in my size, I would LIVE in them. LOL

For a while some years ago, they were auctioning their court shoes at very low start prices. I bid many times, even bidding to amounts not previously achieved on the style I was after, and still didn't win them. I haven't revisited their shop front since. I know others have bought from them and been very happy with the shoes, sadly I'm not one of the lucky buyers.

If I remember, they are one of a group of three manufacturers in the same Italian town. There's some background to them on this forum somewhere, with their declared addresses being only streets away from each other. 

If you don't know of them, you might search Little Shoe Box (aka LSB) and one of the subsequent trading names Leatherworks. They were (or are) UK boot makers that cater for men. VERY well known over here, and highly thought of. Hand made boots at very reasonable prices. 

Those are very nice boots! I prefer a much less pointy toe  myself - I prefer rounded or at most almond toes - but I can well see the overall attraction. They are probably quite well made, too. 

I like a 'pointed' toe myself, but a rounded almond toe is always going to be a better fit, unless the point is quite long as with the boots shown. The downside to having a toe-box that long, is the terrible wear on the toe-tip. It's almost like it's dragged when walking, causing a surprising amount of scuffing on the end of the sole and worse, on the skin of the upper. The boots shown look to have a metal tip in place to help prevent the premature scuffing, but it wouldn't stop the upper being caught from time to time.

Of course there is an argument that suggests there's not much of a scuffing hazard found in a bedroom. ;) :D 

Edited by FastFreddy2

For those of us with long feet naturally a super long pointy toe makes you like like an elf or that you're wearing shortened skis!

59 minutes ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I like a 'pointed' toe myself, but a rounded almond toe is always going to be a better fit, unless the point is quite long as with the boots shown. The downside to having a toe-box that long, is the terrible wear on the toe-tip. It's almost like it's dragged when walking, causing a surprising amount of scuffing on the end of the sole and worse, on the skin of the upper. The boots shown look to have a metal tip in place to help prevent the premature scuffing, but it wouldn't stop the upper being caught from time to time.

Of course there is an argument that suggests there's not much of a scuffing hazard found in a bedroom. ;) :D 

38 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

For those of us with long feet naturally a super long pointy toe makes you like like an elf or that you're wearing shortened skis!

My feet are much the same size as SH's and, although not narrow, are fairly tapered (as distinct from stubby).   My wife (SWMBO) calls them 'witches feet' - but she is only jealous because hers are fairly wide and stubby - not very pretty, and not ideal for stylish shoes.

Quite apart from liking the look of pointed shoes (on both sexes), I find them more comfortable than those with rounded or squareish toe-boxes, which are too roomy, and always choose at least an almond shape.   Yes, a long point (as on my MJ boots) can drag or catch a little, but in practice I have not found that an issue.   The bigger problem is the potential for the 'empty' toe space to become squashed or misshapen.   I well remember the halcyon days of winklepickers, when few such shoes escaped without some such distortion.

The visual advantage of pointed shoes is that the extra length compensates for the foreshortening effect of a high heel - the opposite of the 'elf' scenario!   And, even tall blokes with big feet like me can benefit from the sleeker look of a pointed toe as we can otherwise easily look as though we are wearing clodhoppers - which of course many men traditionally do wear.   A case 'in point' is these boots of mine, with modest cuban heel and pointed toe (which needless to say are not to my wife's liking):

UM05.jpg.3ff50b7ecbec36bbeea8455b83f75fd5.jpg 

I have some shoes with a similar profile and heel. Yes, one of the shoes has a crease right across the toe about an inch from the end. They're my wear-everywhere heels - definitely men's shoes and thus people have no right to be offended. I'd like them higher, as they don't solve my back problem, but they're a start for very conservative people getting used to my heels and added height. I am probably one of the few who wishes heels didn't add to your height! I have no wish to be taller although I'm 5' 8" and shrinking.

Admittedly, there is something I have always found aesthetically pleasing about the combination of a pointed toe and a stiletto heel on footwear.

Edited by pointyboot
spelling

First of all, these legs belong to Victoria Beckham, who always seems to tip around in the highest heels possible. Pretty sure these are Louboutins, and once again, if they would make them in my size, I would make it my goal to own a pair. You all have probably figured out by now that I LOVE high heeled boots. Guilty pleasure.... 

2015-12-02_03-30-29(1).jpeg

• Like 1

Ditto, Pointyboot. I like high heeled boots too and would similarity like a pair of those. Alas I am quite sure they do not make them in my size, although of course if I had the kind of money she had I would simply have them made and be done with it. But those are very stylish boots. I covet...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Ditto, Pointyboot. I like high heeled boots too and would similarity like a pair of those. Alas I am quite sure they do not make them in my size, although of course if I had the kind of money she had I would simply have them made and be done with it. But those are very stylish boots. I covet...

I long for a time when men wearing high heeled footwear publicly is not so taboo. But until then, I will have and wear my boots ANYWAY. ;-)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pointyboot said:

I long for a time when men wearing high heeled footwear publicly is not so taboo. But until then, I will have and wear my boots ANYWAY. ;-)

Indeed. I have only recently discovered how nice high heeled boots can be. Love ‘em! N the other hand I have always liked tall - knee or otk - boots and yet even with flat or low heels it is eyebrow raising for men to be seen in them. I resent it. Tall boots are nice. We should all be allowed to enjoy wearing them without  censure or disapproval.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

I have been pricing up Louboutins and keeping an eye out for a pair of Hot Chicks, by way of finding out just how high the "130" is in a larger size. Not got very far, but the details on an Evilbay listing indicates they are higher than anticipated:

5a6673dccb074_LouboutinHotChick-heelheightII.jpg.d23da05619d48ad8f56d269fc65d1776.jpg

While looking Louboutin shoes (that come with leather soles) a lot of unwanted toe wear has become apparent, as mentioned:

On 19/01/2018 at 10:31 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

For example ....

5a667558af35f_Louboutin-toewear.thumb.jpg.ce95f4fd67a0347d5c98248155dcbc49.jpg

I would be crying, if after wearing any shoes, the toe area of the sole was this worn. If I owned a pair of £425 court shoes and I woke up to find them this worn after a night out, I'd be tempted to ring the Samaritans. :( They look like they've been used as running shoes! 

A very good reason to ensure they enjoy some level of protection if worn anywhere other than a red carpet. (Or bedroom.)   

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Maybe those were somebody’s bedroom shoes? Ever think of that? :)

No 'outdoor' shoes worn in the bedroom, thank you.... ;)