Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

Oddities - Fun And Different Heels You'd Probably Never Wear

44 minutes ago, Russ in boots said:

You've lost me there, although I suppose it's a question of the interpretation of meaning of the little buzzy creature. ;-)

Those long boots pictured, look like waders..... The sort you use when in the river, typically FISHING for salmon in Scotland say, and your bait would be a fly. It's called "fly fishing".  You let the fly rest on top of the water in a fast running river or stream to catch the fish.

YOU remarked .... "Just right for fly fishing." as it happens, (reference above) a completely appropriate comment - even if it wasn't entirely what you meant by the comment ... 

So how surprised was I, and possibly others, when you further commented; "What makes you think I would be fishing?" Well, fly-fishing, is fishing. Why would I (or anyone else) think you meant anything other than fishing? :huh:

Related:

Edited by FastFreddy2

More "waders", this time used in a 'pop' promo video (apparently) ....

5926a18f3d46e_Leigh-AnnePinnockforLittleMixvideoMay2017.thumb.jpg.6ff66176532f7928a51dc62632b4c041.jpg

Full article >> here <<

At a slightly more affordable price than previously mentioned, cuurently at £3190, though almost completely sold out ... 

5926a39537257_ManoloBlahniksatinboots.thumb.jpg.a535fa86e6d17b59a0f869cd29ebd6c3.jpg

Sorry, retailer doesn't want a link to their products .... 

Poor people need not apply .... :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

2 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Norah Batty style in the first picture! Could they do some chest waders perhaps? All in one dungarees/heels

After reading a promo suggestion these boots look good in jeans and leggings, a commenter asked how the wearer was supposed to use the loo if wearing these? Good point. That's a lot of boot and jeans to be hanging around the knees while sat down. ;)  

7 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

After reading a promo suggestion these boots look good in jeans and leggings, a commenter asked how the wearer was supposed to use the loo if wearing these? Good point. That's a lot of boot and jeans to be hanging around the knees while sat down. ;)  

Better worn by a man, then? -_-

Not an attractive fashion, regardless of the obscene price.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

If you really must wear these 'waders', there are some at an affordable (apparently discounted) price here: 

Here is a picture I sourced from that web site: 

592b4379856b9_Chinesecopy.thumb.jpg.f8435eec9c9898a29e90527fdd447185.jpg

Used because (a) I doubt the link will work in 2 months, (b) makes life simple (though getting the picture wasn't).

Good find. I won't be buying, but an interesting site that ships to the UK. B)

No, not terribly discrete. And having gone for wild splashy colour on the boots, the sensible thing would have been something neutral and solid on top. 

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

No, not terribly discrete. And having gone for wild splashy colour on the boots, the sensible thing would have been something neutral and solid on top. 

Yes. Coloured up (featured) one or the other. To do both, makes it look like she's wearing wallpaper. ;) :D

12 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

More 'wallpaper' boots.

445E18C000000578-4892204-image-m-28_1505445E184000000578-4892204-Wow_Clearly_fee

On 15/09/2017 at 8:52 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

Yes. Coloured up (featured) one or the other. To do both, makes it look like she's wearing wallpaper. ;) :D

Indeed - and if she sat in my late granny's armchair, she would disappear.  :o

Edited by Puffer

Seen in charity shop ... Think they might be from Dorthy Perkins....

5a1576e50f205_Brightshoes.jpg.1adb502f19c7979bee603ffb078e16c1.jpg

Seen in an online newspaper, referring to 'designs' that didn't really work....

5a15779533f24_Shoetoilet.jpg.efe31eb7f402faa0065eea911f97bff0.jpg

5a1577939fd90_Shoeheels.jpg.58bfd3c0c9a91434600be357fd3cdfd7.jpg

I think the pink shoes above, might be a style someone might wear to the Oscars, as there is undoubtedly a nod to the statue in there. ;) :D 

6 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

You mean you didn't check the label when you bought those top beauties?

Nothing short of a loaded gun held to my temple, would get me wearing anything that gaudy.  :P

I was nearly blinded by the colour mix as I walked past the shop. It was causing a small rupture in the 'time and space continuum' towards the front of the shop. I was certain I saw people disappear as they passed it. Fortunately I have a special tin-foil hat that protects me from such ruptures. ;) :D 

12 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Nothing short of a loaded gun held to my temple, would get me wearing anything that gaudy.  :P

I was nearly blinded by the colour mix as I walked past the shop. It was causing a small rupture in the 'time and space continuum' towards the front of the shop. I was certain I saw people disappear as they passed it. Fortunately I have a special tin-foil hat that protects me from such ruptures. ;) :D 

Where's your sense of adventure? Just think of the admiring looks you'd get, and the outfits you could wear them with... ;-)

10 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Where's your sense of adventure? Just think of the admiring looks you'd get, and the outfits you could wear them with... ;-)

I get all the looks I "want" already thanks. ;) :huh: :D

Whoever decided on that colour group for a shoe, really had no idea about colour - at all. :rolleyes: 

Those boots look divine. Sadly for me waaaaay too much material around the calves. Mine measure around 13½ inches. 

Being an utter neophyte I cannot imagine  standing in 7-inch heels, but I should think if you did your calf muscles would knot up like balloons so that you’d fill those boot shafts completely!