Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

Oddities - Fun And Different Heels You'd Probably Never Wear

No chance of her treating shoes like some sort of trophy, they literally go in the cupboard under the stairs in a great pile, or in the bottom of her wardrobe again just jumbled in a heap.

She comes out with the sore feet excuse every now and again!

Personally, I wouldn't mind if she did keep the like trophies, but to her shoes are just something to be worn!

Now her younger sister is going to be a totally different kettle of fish, as from what I can see she is well into her heels and is constantly trying to scrounge Mrs Heelmans shoes! I know when we have been shopping with her, she gravitates towards the skyscraper heels!

That's another reason for not buying Mrs H any heels, because the sister is always trying to acquire them!

Now her younger sister is going to be a totally different kettle of fish, as from what I can see she is well into her heels and is constantly trying to scrounge Mrs Heelmans shoes! I know when we have been shopping with her, she gravitates towards the skyscraper heels!

My niece was the same. Right up until she got a bit heavier at circa 22/23 years old. Then took them off every chance she got, complaining about her 'sore feet'.

I know your missus to be a slim little thing, but I know for many girls, (as with me) getting a little older and heavier, completely changes the shape (and abilities) of your feet. In fact a couple of months ago while the sales were on, I finally got Mrs Freddy to try a size 7, rather than her usual 6. She found a couple of pairs that fitted much better, but no sale. I'm thinking this could be a bit like dress sizing? Girls will wear a size 12 if it has a size 10 label in it? But won't wear 12 with a size 12 label, even if it fits perfectly? [And brands know that too. Hence their sizing regimes are all over the place.]

You will know my walking out friend, who has a nephew that lives with his girlfriend. They both work hard, with long hours. They know how to spend it too, taking at least 2 foreign holidays a year. [And good on 'em.] She had a thing for Louboutins, and bought many many pairs, usually for wearing down the pub!

She's gotten older. Now into Uggs in a big way, and has several pairs ......

Trophies? :huh: Only she will know, and maybe she hasn't given it any thought at all.

Not sure why I collect. But I want to wear out every pair I own that (still) fit! :D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Yes, I know what you mean about them getting heavier, but her sister is 9 years the wifes junior and a size 6, she is still in that skinny as a rake mode! And still in that discovering heels/boys/booze stage ... Although not necessarily in that order!

I am sure that there will be plenty of family events over the coming years to observe which heels she wears. We have already discussed the fact that she wants to wear ridculously high heels, whilst the wife does the big sisterly advice.... It isn't good when you side with your sister in law!

I started being a collector and then realised that there is no point having heels that you can't wear! After all that IS the reason they were made. If I had 1. The money and 2. The footsize I too would wear loubies or choos every chance I got!

If I had 1. The money and 2. The footsize I too would wear loubies or choos every chance I got!

I mentioned it at the time, but tried a 7½ Louboutin Pigalle 120 while in Selfridges around one Christmas, before they made the open sales area into 'brand boutiques'. Back then you could just pick up a shoe and wander off with it, trying it somewhere a little discreet. Not so any longer. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I expected it to feel small, and cramp my feet. Not so. Actually fell off, as it was too big. Think they size them in Italian, which seem to come up large against similar EU sizes? Wasn't very nice feel, and I don't recall any padding in the footbed either? I was not impressed with what was probably a £300 shoe .... I have worn [iMO] better shoes, that cost considerably less.

Jimmy Choo's have a reputation .... for not wearing very well off the red carpet. Even if you could buy in your size, I doubt you'd be very happy with their condition once worn ...... :huh:

Conversely, the original LSB shoes (which should also mean Burlesque Blue) were always meant to be worn by men, as well as women. If you had the money, I'd suggest one of their products would provide significantly better value, and probably greater comfort. ;):P:D

Back on thread .......

Another two 'monster' concepts.

post-40-0-44678100-1364950786_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-55879100-1364950787_thumb.jpg

Who thought of these? :o/>

Are you sure your not on the Steptoe Shoe site??

The song "Any old iron" springs to mind.....

Edited by heelman500

I am planning to save for a Burlesque blue pair!

I have always wanted a pair of thigh high stiletto boots.... Yes they are expensive and public wear options are limited but!........

I have always wanted a pair of thigh high stiletto boots.... Yes they are expensive and public wear options are limited but!........

Speaking as someone who has sold five pairs on an auction site ..... They are surprisingly popular. ;) Amongst men. :P:D

Speaking as someone who has sold five pairs on an auction site ..... They are surprisingly popular. ;)/> Amongst men. :P/> :D/>

I really cant think why........... Or maybe I can!!

In the news today .......

post-40-0-47895800-1365032938_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-18621600-1365032939_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-76368800-1365032939_thumb.jpg

As mentioned before; money and taste (aka style) don't always walk together ..... :rolleyes:

From article >> Clicky <<

Edited by FastFreddy2

I am planning to save for a Burlesque blue pair!

While these don't tick every box (no stiletto heel) they are Jimmy Choo, over the knee, and very very wearable by men too. :D

Two little snags ...... Availability. (Virtually sold out. I said they were popular. ;):P:D) And price!!!! :o

post-40-0-10314300-1365032662_thumb.jpg

Not bad Freddy... But I am wanting a stiletto pair, we have a few fancy dress events coming up and my outrageous colleague is no longer working with us..... I mentioned this fact when we were duscussing themes and was told that they now expect me to wear the drag outfit and be outrageous! As they have already seen me in "Skyscraper" heels in public twice!

Save the Children week will soon be on us..... And I think I have got a schoolboys and schoolgirls theme.... (It hadnt been done here recently.... And It looks like I shall be playing the role of "Miss Whiplash" the Headmisstress! Theyre thinking Rupert Everett in St Trinians.... I've got an altogether more fetish look in my mind!

Not sure if we are going to do our charity week, because Ive been away and not got it arranged, but hopefully I shall have some photos for you in the next few months!

WARNING Thigh high boots get really warm. Though with the cold weather we get lately you should get a pair as soon as possible

Here's something from Chiko Shoes

Oh those naughty Chinese ..... Had a look at the Bootee section I think it was .... Some amazing similarities to Louboutins there. ;):D

The included example in the post, seemed quite attractive I have to say. Would have preferred a higher rise, but as a concept, look to have a future?

Not for wearing out though, which is in accordance with the thread. ;)B)

Some of the new collection from United Nude, seen recently in HoF (or was it Topshop?) :rolleyes:

post-40-0-13023900-1365644020_thumb.jpg

See more views here: >> Clicky <<

post-40-0-07016200-1365644367_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-28655700-1365644590_thumb.jpg

Available in other colour combinations too .....

Well, you decide..

I'm pretty confident I've seen something like these (if not these) worn at some celebrity bash reported in a newspaper during the last week or so. Usually, I download an image I think might be a good reference, of some interest. Since clear shoes are not that popular here (though I like them) I didn't keep a piccy, nor mark the article as a favourite. :rolleyes: Always the way. :D