Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Ludovico Einaudi

Watching a Breakfast on BBC's iPlayer the other day, I saw the second set from an Italian composer/performer called Ludovico Einaudi.

I'm not big on the piano, so nearly didn't bother listening, but I'm glad I did. He's really good.

I like/prefer dance music to all other. There are tracks Led Zeppelin have done (Stairway to Heaven), some from Jimi Hendrix (Band of Gypsies - Electric Ladyland Part 1) I could listen to for hours, but .... I prefer a Soul/Jazz beat. More recently, with the demise of the Soul scene and a wider audience for Trance and Ambient, I've grown to like quite a lot of that too.

So, I like melody. I like something that might have a slightly repetitive loop (which can be very relaxing), and I like more than one thread to the musical trail. (Like some jazz.)

I'm stunned I'd not heard of this performer before. He's been around a good while. If he comes back to the UK, I will be prepared to pay a lot of money to see him perform live. I really like what I've heard so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImZTkeCHgA. [solo piano.]

Please don't listen to this using laptop speakers that'll hide half the sound that's there. Dig out some full range speakers or headphones that'll reproduce the bass tones that small speakers can't handle. I would describe his music as beautiful.

I also have found his productions very relaxing, almost ethereal? Music to fall asleep to ........ B)