Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

Who Knows In Your Extended Family?

I keep my heel wearing fairly secret, especially from my parents who are very conservative and my brother who wouldn't understand at all. Even so some members of my extended family know about my thing for heels. I have a cousin who knows, she is a shoe-a-holic and I would talk to her about the shoes and boots she wore which I admired, and eventually confessed to her.

So who in your extended family knows?

ummmm

Funny, all of my lady friends know. About a dozen women or so. None seem to mind or care. I often email them pictures of boots I am looking at on-line to get their opinion.

My sister is my only family, she knows and has know since we were kids. She says the heels help with my posture.

That's helpful if you have female friends and relatives who know and can help you get the right look. How did your sister find out, or what prompted you to tell her?

How did you tell the people around you about your heels?

I actually haven't told anyone in my family. I think my sisters have their suspicions; I once tried on a pair of my older sister's heels at Halloween one year, and I've had some flat women's sandals that my little sister has borrowed. My wife is the only one who supported me in exploring it. She encouraged me not to feel ashamed of it, and firmly believes that there are probably lots of guys who have secretly wanted to try them.

All my wifes side knows and most like my heels and style.

Almost all my side of the family, if not all, know and 98% are fine with it. The other 2% live in a hill jack redneck neanderthal box.

I have recently opened up to one of my older brothers and the reaction and reply was flooring to say the least. He wrote me back and said that I am still his little brother and I love you no matter if you wear dresses, bras, high heels or what ever and if anyone gives you a hard time about it I will kick there a..! WOW caught me totally off guard.8) If he only knew how many times he almost caught me wearing my moms heels when we were kids.LOL:p

well ony side only the wife knows, no one else, no family or friends

know that most friends are open minded enough to be ok with it!!

family, well, not sure, however think they should be ok, for the moment will stay as is!!

I also keep it pretty secret. More total strangers know than close family members -- it's a little easier because I don't have an immediate family. No wife / girlfriend / kids to worry about and I'm pretty sure cousins / sister / mother have no reason to suspect. Should I "kick the bucket", somebody's going to get a surprise going through all my stuff!

I'm sure the youngest son knows, as the wife and I were caught wearing heels when he came home unexpectedly years ago, several times. He also came in once when I was with the then girlfriend a few years ago, and she said he noticed. Last night he walked in while I was in the kitchen in stiletto slides, but he has never said anything. He moved into his own place around Xmas, but still comes back when he wants. Other than that, no family knows, only some female friends.

Told my mother some months ago.

Her main comment since has been, "Why don't you wear them all the time?" Bless her.

She's now (just) turned 80 years old. Past caring what the rest of the world thinks about anything. :o

My wife has known for years and completely supports and encourages me. I talked to my mother about it a few years back and it for the most part has been a non issue until I brought it up again recently. I have talked to my brother about it and while he doesn't have an issue with it I don't think he really understands (he didn't know what a stilleto was). I recently talked to a trusted friend who turned out to be completely supportive and understanding (she now sends me occasional affirmations). Other than that I try not to make too big a deal of it outside of my own mind.

My girlfriend, daughter, mother, my sisters, girlfriends sister all know about my desire for heels, only people who have no problem with it are my two sisters, their reply is so what. Have never asked my daughter what she thinks about it, my girlfriend thinks its a no no, but is aware of that side of my life, so I do not pester her about it. My daughter was the first to find out and when my girlfriend found out you would think it was the end of the world, but ten years on we are still together, happy as can be.

I'm sure most of my friends know as well as my family because they have seen me wearing "different" footwear. No one has ever said anything about it. The only one that I have had a conversation with about the subject was my wife when I told her about it while we were dating and that was 35 years ago. She doesn't even think about it now except for the space that my collection has devoured in the bedroom.

My entire family knows,thanks to my step moms big mouth when I was a child.

When I was 9 years old my parents had me committed to a state mental hospital on a psychaitrists advice,he assured them I was perverted and he could cure me,I liked wearing high heels back then,he did electro shock therapy on my once a week for 90 days.

I no longer have any contact with that family after being treated like a thing for so long.