Sign in to follow this  
Jinx

Out And About

Hi everyone, long time no see, what's up?

I've been running around on many fronts of my life; have had to do quite lots of business travelling and at the same time maintain the normal daily stuff around...

I'va managed to hassle around in heels as well, mostly have worn the black wedge sneakers I wrote about earlier. And I recently bought new pair of Adidas Neo wedge sneakers. Hidden heel is 8 cm high, still wery confortable to wear.

post-1395-0-33714900-1408434599_thumb.jp

I have something similar. Mine are more of a hi-top sneaker (aka baseball boot) than a trainer. Very comfortable to wear, in fact so comfortable, it doesn't feel like the 4 inch heel it is.  :huh:

post-40-0-66724800-1409012237_thumb.jpg

The downside, is the lacing. Looks good when laced, but getting the laces tidy .... 20 minute job. If only they had a side zip!  ;)   :D

20 minute job? :huh: must be tricky to lace, mine takes approx 2 minutes to lace up.

But for the heel, mine are also very comfortable, only 3.1" heel but fine for me... I'm more like 3" guy anyway when talking about heels for daily wear. :)

I might have been exaggerating a tiny bit.....  ;)  :D

First time of lacing (they are not laced when delivered), really is a 20 minute job to do both and get the laces tidy and flat.

Putting them back on afterwards, and making the laces flat again takes a couple of minutes for each foot. Because I'm always late, I almost never seem to have the time to lace them up. I should wear them more really. They are very comfortable, and very quiet. I doubt I could be spotted wearing a 'heel' while wearing them. They're very discreet. ;)  

For the first time 20 minutes is understandable, but for day to day use that long lacing time would be just unacceptable for me.

I have a pair of ankle boots that are lace up. It takes a bit longer to put them on, but I like the fact I can adjust the laces for a better fit.

From the practical point of view, any shoe or boot that takes time to get on/off is a PITA. But ..... from the fetish point of view, a long lace up (or buckle up) means a long de-lace or de-buckle. There have been times when I've met people while out, and I've had no choice but to carry on walking in front of them in a heel, because taking them off quickly - wasn't a choice. It added some tension to my venture, which was often curiously exciting .... :huh:

Latest addition to my daily wear collection. Once again sneakers from Dinsko, very modest hidden wedge heel, only ~2.5", but still a heel ;)

post-1395-0-22595800-1427715550_thumb.jp

Well, while the lace up boots might require some time/effort, it is totally worthwhile if those boots make you feel good and confident.

Would LOVE a pair of Nike wedge sneakers.

Well, while the lace up boots might require some time/effort, it is totally worthwhile if those boots make you feel good and confident.

Would LOVE a pair of .....

I'd love a pair of tight fitting lace-up leather crotch boots with a 5½" stiletto heel, with laces from toe to top ensuring the boots were secure and TIGHT all the way up my legs. As I've mentioned before, I have legs like beanstalks, so they'd have to be hand-made, the cost of which would put them out of my reach ....

I've not seen anything in recent years that I could use to demonstrate the look, so I may need to dig out an old 'glamour' mag.  ;)

Modern designs seen to use tough leather (or unforgiving plastic) with lacing holes set too far apart, leading to unattractive creases and gaps, not the look I would be happy with if spending several hundred pounds on something I might wear as a treat perhaps once a month or every other month....

I do like the sneakers from Dinsko. Even without knowing they have a heel, they look good.  B)

I'd love a pair of tight fitting lace-up leather crotch boots with a 5½" stiletto heel, with laces from toe to top ensuring the boots were secure and TIGHT all the way up my legs. As I've mentioned before, I have legs like beanstalks, so they'd have to be hand-made, the cost of which would put them out of my reach ....

I've not seen anything in recent years that I could use to demonstrate the look, so I may need to dig out an old 'glamour' mag.  ;)

Modern designs seen to use tough leather (or unforgiving plastic) with lacing holes set too far apart, leading to unattractive creases and gaps, not the look I would be happy with if spending several hundred pounds on something I might wear as a treat perhaps once a month or every other month....

I do like the sneakers from Dinsko. Even without knowing they have a heel, they look good.  B)

I suffer from beanstalk leg syndrome as well!

Not had any luck either using a search engine, nor my 'vintage' paper collection of heels. Here are a couple of looks that go some way to illustrate smaller lace spacing.

Almost certainly from Little Shoe Box. Leather .... 

post-40-0-40242400-1428511453_thumb.jpg

Although obviously PVC, the smaller spacing on the lacing, has stopped gathering and ripples in the material when fitted to the legs.

post-40-0-84586300-1428493892_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-13115700-1428493895_thumb.jpg

Edited by FastFreddy2

what are your thoughts to this ensemble? tight skinny jeans and Pleaser Heat 2010 boots. wore them  at 3.00 am when the streets were filling with people out of the clubs. a lot of people noticed, a lot of compliments and a few questions. even had a woman get down on the ground to feel the heels and check how high they were. it was a rather exhilarating experience 

me.thumb.jpg.3ce5658fbafd7af43eeab347bb7

7 hours ago, Blacksheep said:

what are your thoughts to this ensemble?

Daring! :o

Well done you. B)

7 hours ago, Blacksheep said:

tight skinny jeans and Pleaser Heat 2010 boots. wore them  at 3.00 am when the streets were filling with people out of the clubs. a lot of people noticed, a lot of compliments and a few questions. even had a woman get down on the ground to feel the heels and check how high they were. it was a rather exhilarating experience 

That is a bit weird .... But I would imagine it to be as exhilarating as you indicate.

The look works for me. "Smart casual", with a heel. What's not to like? You definitely get the January 2016 Award for tener cojonesB) In my mind at least, I think I'm quite brave for wearing a heel in public, but you are in a whole different league.

Thanks fast Freddy, when people have been drinking, they like to speak their mind which can be fun and a lot of laughs, i didnt take any of them too seriously, some were genuinely interested asking  if it were to make a statement or just for fun, so I replied, just for fun. he shook my hand and off he went.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blacksheep said:

Thanks fast Freddy, when people have been drinking, they like to speak their mind which can be fun and a lot of laughs, i didnt take any of them too seriously, some were genuinely interested asking  if it were to make a statement or just for fun, so I replied, just for fun. he shook my hand and off he went.

We have a different grade of inebriated young person over here. Most "men" believe they grow to 8ft tall with beer inside them, and can say/do whatever they want with impunity. Of course there are others in a similar state, thinking the same. When two of these types meet up, "fun" it isn't... 

I'm confident enough to edge closer to a boundary that may not have been touched many times before, but going out in knee boots with a 5" heel in the UK, especially at night amongst 'revellers' is not something I would consider anything other than dangerous. (To my health). Well, going out on my own anyway. Within a group that had accepted my dress code (never going to happen), or within a group of men who would be resistant to unfettered abuse, maybe I'd be tempted. Otherwise, not in the UK for me. Sadly.

That said, Euchrid did find a Facebook 'snap' of a fella in a supermarket wearing high heels. No drunken 'yoofs' around at the time though. But fair play to him too. B)  

10 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

... Most "men" believe they grow to 8ft tall with beer inside them, and can say/do whatever they want with impunity. ...

Who needs beer?   A pair of heels lets one really grow quite tall enough - and stay sober and sensible.  :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Puffer said:

Who needs beer?   A pair of heels lets one really grow quite tall enough - and stay sober and sensible.  :rolleyes:

I sometimes wonder, if the additional height I enjoy wearing a heel, has the hidden benefit of making me less of a 'target' for potential abuse? While being fairly slim (for my age), I don't look like the sort of person who would respond well to sarcasm. (Grumpy.) With the addition of the extra height, I'm thinking disparaging remarks might usually be seen as something with little -if any- benefit.

Mrs Freddy (and my walking companion) tell me from time to time, my interest in heels, will get me into trouble. Usually, they make that remark shortly after I've noticed some heels, with perhaps more enthusiasm than 'common decency' demands. Meaning, I sometimes stare for longer than is appropriate. ("Appropriate" being a momentary glance.) I'm with Frenchmen in this respect, who are known to 'stare' as women they find attractive, it being (intended) as a silent compliment.

It was reported elsewhere, but I did once get called out for looking at some boots as their owner walked past, as I was seated and eating (I'm sure) some chocolate cake. A rather unpleasant remark was made by the 'jealous' boyfriend who thought his girlfriend was his property, and no-one else was allowed to look at her. He wasn't expecting me to get up, follow him, and confront him. We stared at each other, with me expecting something to kick off, but fortunately it didn't. His girlfriend pulled him away, and we both then went about our business. I am older, and less fit now. I don't suppose my responding in the same way, would be prudent thing to do again. :rolleyes:     

Hopefully my additional height and 'grumpy' look, will help keep me away from unpleasantness. ;) B)

A

9 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I sometimes wonder, if the additional height I enjoy wearing a heel, has the hidden benefit of making me less of a 'target' for potential abuse?

Hopefully my additional height and 'grumpy' look, will help keep me away from unpleasantness. ;) B)

As I am 6' 1" in bare feet (I think I've lost a good 0.5" with age!), I can only say from experience that I think being tall cuts both ways.   Yes, a tall man (but not necessarily burly or muscular with it) is likely to be treated by most people with a little more caution if abuse or other aggression is in the air.   But it can also make him a target, both in the sense of being more visible and also because he might be seen as a challenge by some cocky bloke who fancies his chances with 'lofty'.   On the very few occasions that I have been threatened or mildly assaulted, it has been by a noticeably shorter bloke with 'attitude'.   On one occasion, Mr Shorthouse was accompanied by his girlfriend/wife (but no boots or cake involved) - it was just a case of pushing past me in a doorway whilst he was leaving a shop, and not liking the rebuke I dared to utter.   He turned round, raised his fists and likened me to something essentially feminine - but seeing my stance (if not size) and that there were several interested witnesses, thought better of it and skulked off.

I haven't (yet) experienced any problems whilst wearing heels.   Their extra height is not really needed in my case; their potential for limiting swift and nimble movement might be an issue.   The nearest I have come to experiencing grief was missing my footing whilst descending three or four wide steps as I entered a pub/restaurant, whilst wearing my 5" MJ boots.   My tumble was noticed by three hairy apes sitting just inside the pub, who thought it most amusing, but I don't think my boots were spotted and I merely grinned back and picked myself up before walking (mincing?) in carefully.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

The nearest I have come to experiencing grief was missing my footing whilst descending three or four wide steps as I entered a pub/restaurant, whilst wearing my 5" MJ boots.   My tumble was noticed by three hairy apes sitting just inside the pub, who thought it most amusing, but I don't think my boots were spotted and I merely grinned back and picked myself up before walking (mincing?) in carefully.

Mincing? ;) :P :D

Mindful of where you had just left, I doubt you were the first, nor the last to throw themselves down those steps. ;) It may well have been the reason those "hairy apes" were perched where they were? A good seat for entertainment from those who might (ahemm) drink more than they should ...

At least you were unhurt. B)

I wear my jeans long when I wear a heel. While walking, I have several times, caught the bottom of my jeans under my heel inside a shop or shopping mall. The consequence of this, is for the hem of the jeans to act like a lubricant to my heel on the smooth surface of the flooring. The resultant change in my gait is probably like watching someone tread on a banana skin. Meaning, my front leg tries to move forward at two or three times the speed of the rest of my body. Mrs Freddy has told me in no uncertain terms, if ever I end up on my arse through wearing a heel, she'll be leaving me to those who will probably be laughing at my floor bound 'adventure'. Charming eh? :D

7 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Mincing? ;) :P :D

Mindful of where you had just left, I doubt you were the first, nor the last to throw themselves down those steps. ;) It may well have been the reason those "hairy apes" were perched where they were? A good seat for entertainment from those who might (ahemm) drink more than they should ...

At least you were unhurt. B)

I wear my jeans long when I wear a heel. While walking, I have several times, caught the bottom of my jeans under my heel inside a shop or shopping mall. The consequence of this, is for the hem of the jeans to act like a lubricant to my heel on the smooth surface of the flooring. The resultant change in my gait is probably like watching someone tread on a banana skin. Meaning, my front leg tries to move forward at two or three times the speed of the rest of my body. Mrs Freddy has told me in no uncertain terms, if ever I end up on my arse through wearing a heel, she'll be leaving me to those who will probably be laughing at my floor bound 'adventure'. Charming eh? :D

For the avoidance of doubt:

1.  I said 'mincing?' because, having picked myself up, I had to cautiously 'get into my stride' in the boots and probably failed to walk easily for the first few (smallish) steps.

2.  I was going into the pub (for a meal), stone cold sober (as always).  [The word 'entered' above gives a clue!]

3.  I called them 'hairy apes' because that was their general appearance; they were in fact quite good-natured and just enjoying a social drink in a pub that does not attract (n the words of Mr Fawlty) 'riff raff'.  (Before you comment: yes, I am allowed in; indeed, I eat there every couple of months.)

4.  I have never seen anyone slip on a banana skin (outside the pages of the Beano); does it ever happen in reality?    But I know what you mean about jeans perils.

I was too busy thinking about the 'tumble' and missed the 'enter' part. Makes the story even more embarrassing. :D

Not slipped on a banana, but have slipped several times and in flat shoes, on food/organic debris left on the floor/pavement. Not sure how the banana skin legend started, maybe by Disney some decades ago?