Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Zara - Two Styles

I like Zara. Always has some interesting styles in both clothing and shoes.

Equally been a bit frustrating for me. Seldom have larger sizes, and some styles, their 8 fits like a 7.

While searching for something else, these two popped up. Both £60. Available on line in UK8, probably for about 2 weeks. Zara don't tend to have styles for long, so seldom [though not always] offer end of range discounts.

The web site had other styles, but these stood out for me.

post-40-0-77968400-1345331499_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-78342600-1345331511_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-20333600-1345331529_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-01840900-1345331549_thumb.jpg

Tried on a pair of courts at Zara today. Only EU41 size in the styles I liked available:

post-40-0-56529700-1345776846_thumb.jpg

While they were an EU41, I wouldn't consider them to be a UK8. Zara, along with Dune and Topshop would say it was an 8. NEXT, Marks and Spencer, ASDA, Tesco would all say a 41 was a UK7. :rolleyes: I could get my foot in the shoe, but it wouldn't be comfortable to wear, so the £60 shoe stayed in the shop.

In the numbers game, we are not (yet) significant enough to cater for.

I think the mainland Europeans have smaller feet than us Brits. Maybe we ran around in bare feet for longer, I couldn't say. ;):D The result of this is, the larger Central and Eastern European [Japanese, Chinese, South American] markets don't need the larger sizes us well fed western Europeans need. :D

Seems that here in the UK, some popular budget lines are available in [real] UK8's, and some styles even go to UK9's. I added a link elsewhere for a source of trendy styles, at street prices, with shoes styles up to a UK10. B) The tide is turning, though slowly....

We here in the United States definitely tend to have a larger footprint. Don't get me started on MY shoe size. ;-)

None of us have small enough feet, though HH4evr1 tells me he has a UK6 (W). I would be very happy to have the same size. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2