Sign in to follow this  
Ludovic

Would You Do It?

Given all the bird poop on the seat that jacket is pressed against, bit unlikely.

Trousers are short, and look like they have a 'drain-pipe' cut, second strike for no.

Shoes are platforms, third strike and 'out'.

Seriously? Health and Safety would prevent it, even if I tried. Working in a shoe shop (showing off stock) or another another retail situation, a woman might get away with simply because stopping it might be more trouble than it was worth (to the management.) I'm not sure where a man might work (other than identical situations) and where high heels wouldn't present a H+S conflict.

For example: were a high heeled wearing woman to have a work related accident and the employer could show that heels were a contributing factor, where would that leave the injured party? At Mrs Freddy's place of work, there is a heel limit. (Which I think is less than 3 inches.) Staff are also being encouraged (pressured) into wearing safety shoes with hidden metal toe-caps that are designed to help prevent foot injuries. Although she doesn't often work on the shop floor, this is in a clothing retail store.

Anyone other than contracted-in staff, would be sent home if they arrived in 5 inch platform shoes. The contracted-in staff are supposed to adhere to the store employee rules, but I've seen at least one wearing 4 inch heels. [Working for a well known brand name on a cosmetics counter.]

If I worked away from home, and was about to lose my job, [through something like business closure], I might be tempted. But at an ongoing situation, very very unlikely.

As much as I would like to wear stiletto shoes with a suit to work I wouldn't wear them as most people are not ready to accept men in heels.

I did wear block heels where I previously worked. (administration job)

Slip into your nicest pointed toe stilettos and come to see me. You can pretend that you are interseted in our servicies and lunch is on me.

Now! What shoe would you like to see me in?

E

E

My current favourite, and never seen worn anywhere, would be the red courts from Schuh. As my new avatar. :)

Were we to meet for lunch and you were wearing such a shoe, it might be the longest working lunch you ever had? :D

E

Either a high heel court/pump or a pair of knee length boots.

How about a nice stroll before lunch.

E

To work up an appetite? :) That would be great.

Is there somewhere you know, we could go to for a walk?

Many places here. My favorite is at Marina Jack by the boats.

This is despite having my leg broken when a kid on a skateboard

took out my left crutch last year.

E

Many places here. My favorite is at Marina Jack by the boats.

This is despite having my leg broken when a kid on a skateboard

I'm always happy to be near water. A Marina sounds great, so much to stimulate the senses. Usually comes with long flat areas for moving boats and people around. Perfect for wearing heels of any [sensible] height. B)

A cafe of waterside bar, great for people watching as they stroll past. Every person telling their unique story by their walk and attire. Sometimes from who they have as company, or from their choice of pet they might be out walking. :)

Not understanding this though? :huh:

took out my left crutch last year.

E

Unless it meant a slippery or uneven surface caused a mishap? :(

Seems to me a kid on a skateboard took her left crutch out, causing a fall and broken leg while Eoneleg was in the marina area. Have I read this right?

Seems to me a kid on a skateboard took her left crutch out, causing a fall and broken leg while Eoneleg was in the marina area. Have I read this right?

Read that way makes grammatical sense, but suggests E had her good leg broken? :(

I thought it was two separate remarks because of the line break? :huh:

We were strolling from the parking area toward the restaurant when from out of nowhere came a kid

on a skateboard. I heard the roar of his wheels and in the next instant,he was behind me and ran into my left crutch which was tossed about ten feet away. I went down on my leg (some call it my good leg, and some refer to it as my only leg, I just refer to it as my leg) and heard a snap. I knew immediately that I was in trouble.

I hope that this clears up any confusion.

E

I hope that this clears up any confusion.

E

Indeed it does, thank you.

For my part, the report reads as a horror story. :( Thankfully it's in your past, but I'm sure a memory that must send a shudder down body every time you recall it. Running the event through my mind certainly produced that effect on me. :( Frightening.

A couple of years back, I worked in a canteen and that required appropriate footwear. We had a staff training/ briefing day, and for that I wore 8cm narrow heel ankle boots. Nothing was said, and I can't be certain they were noticed, but the boss gave me a smile and several shop floor workers spotted them.

It is a freedom of choice issue, and one in which you need to be comfortable with yourself and the image you portray.

Nice report. B)

It is a freedom of choice issue, and one in which you need to be comfortable with yourself and the image you portray.

I wish it seemed that simple.

My interest in heels is to all intents, life long. I'm comfortable in heels, and I'm comfortable wearing them around people any time. BUT, I do not want to be at the sharp end of any loud or aggressive ridicule. Been with someone who attracted this sort of interest once, and I endeavour to ensure I don't find myself in the same situation. Consequently I don't make what I feel were the mistakes he made.

I cover my heels.

I don't wear patent. [And certainly not in daylight.]

I make sure I don't wear heels I can't walk in. [My legs are straight when extended, and my knees stay close together.]

Even with these precautions, I was noticed in modest heels while walking past some youths loitering outside a busy supermarket in Watford a while back. I suspect the only reason I escaped criticism/abuse, was my (sometimes) intense look. I am a happy chappie, but I can look like I'm up for an argument anytime someone wants one.

This fear, doesn't stop me wearing heels altogether (obviously), and doesn't stop me wearing high slim heels sometimes. But I tend to be more cautious than maybe I need to be. Even people who notice, people who rudely stare, have probably forgotten the incident in minutes. Takes me a bit longer, but it does usually get put to one side.

Can't imagine a time I would wear heels in a work place. Well, I can imagine I suppose, but I can't see the dream becoming a reality. Despite everything I've done during my life, I'm still basically a conformist. :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

Sometimes, even covering heels up won't keep you from being noticed, especially if you're not a person of small stature. I'm just under 6 feet tall, with a stocky build, and prefer 5 inch heels. With the added height from the heels, and the noise from the heels themselves, it's hard not to notice a giant walking around in stiletto boots ;)

it's hard not to notice a giant walking around in stiletto boots ;)

;):D

What a pictured that painted when I read your remark. Using the word "giant" instantly made you 8ft tall, not 6. ;)

Begs the question; how did you get into heel wearing? Typically, some interest or experience between 7 to 10 years old? I'm asking because "at first look" you might not seem like the obvious candidate for heel wearing, but you plainly are. (And quite right too! B) )

Was walking around a DIY store last evening, dressed in paint daubed jeans, undersize top and worn (flat) shoes. [ie work clothes.] I was invisible.

Nearly went home for some heels! :D

Edited by FastFreddy2