Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

Consolation Prize

I was meant to be having a pleasant heel filled afternoon with FF2, which unfortunately had to be cancelled due to Mum falling while getting out of the bath this morning.

Having had the all clear (shocked and bruised rather than broken) it was late afternoon and I decided to pop to Slough and Brantano for a little trying on session.

Luckily the store is a little out of town and was very quiet when I arrived.

Apart from two families I had thd store to myself.... I had a good try on of the following...

http://www.brantano.co.uk/ladies/emilio-luca-x/moon-shine-platform-peep-black-br_2627404711?params=fh_secondid%3dbr_2627404711%26fh_lister_pos%3d14%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fbrantano%252fen_GB%252fcategories%253c%257bbrantano_br_ladies%257d%252fbr_compoundcategory%253e%257blarge20shoes%257d%26fh_eds%3d%25c3%259f%26fh_refview%

http://www.brantano.co.uk/ladies/clarks/alessie-eve-court-shoe-black-br_2610459511?params=fh_view_size%3dall%26fh_secondid%3dbr_2610459511%26fh_lister_pos%3d45%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fbrantano%252fen_GB%252fcategories%253c%257bbrantano_br_ladies%257d%252fbr_compoundcategory%253e%257blarge20shoes%257d%26fh_eds%3d%25c3%259f%26fh_refview%3dlister

http://www.brantano.co.uk/ladies/red-level/charmer-snake-court-multi-br_2610460699?params=fh_view_size%3dall%26fh_secondid%3dbr_2610460699%26fh_lister_pos%3d44%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fbrantano%252fen_GB%252fcategories%253c%257bbrantano_br_ladies%257d%252fbr_compoundcategory%253e%257blarge20shoes%257d%26fh_eds%3d%25c3%259f%26fh_refview%3dlister

http://www.brantano.co.uk/ladies/emilio-luca-x/brogue-taster-black-br_2623403111?params=fh_view_size%3dall%26fh_secondid%3dbr_2623403111%26fh_lister_pos%3d15%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fbrantano%252fen_GB%252fcategories%253c%257bbrantano_br_ladies%257d%252fbr_compoundcategory%253e%257blarge20shoes%257d%26fh_eds%3d%25c3%259f%26fh_refview%3dlister

I really liked the snakeskin pumps but they were a little tight, the clarks black pumps were really comfy and I could see myself getting a pair, apart from the cost.

I also tried on a few pair of flats, but you dont want to hear about that on here.

Not quite the day out I was looking forward to but good all the same

I wasn't able to view 2, 3, & 4. As for #1, I do like it but prefer more of a toe opening. That is not to say that if I needed a pump in that color combination I would not purchase it.

E

All links worked for me. I'm not a fan of snake skin shoes, but liked the other three.

I'musing Win 7 Pro with Chrome browser. Also tried with IE. Neither would produce an image? Are you looking on a phone or tablet? I think the links may have been added via phone, is why I'm asking.... :huh:

I put links on via iphone, so that may be the problem, I think I have copied the mobile rather than full website addresses

Well just to check my theory..... Im not really into high tech stuff.... Here are a pair of the flats I tried on

http://www.brantano.co.uk/ladies/emilio-luca-x/wide-fit-mary-anne-black-br_2621258311?params=fh_view_size%3dall%26fh_secondid%3dbr_2621258311%26fh_lister_pos%3d28%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fbrantano%252fen_GB%252fcategories%253c%257bbrantano_br_ladies%257d%252fbr_compoundcategory%253e%257blarge20shoes%257d%26fh_eds%3d%25c3%259f%26fh_refview%3dlister

As FastFreddy would put it they are "Very Girly" but surprisingly comfy. I had considered getting a pair for driving and places where heels are a no no, but these are sooooo obvious when worn with a pair of jeans, my footwear choice would be highlighted for the world to see.

I shall endeavour to ensure my posted links are viewable by all sources in future, it just shows how apple dependant I've become

I looked at the link source and searched the keywords, also led to some other nice looking shoes.

See if these will work :-

Flats from last post

Link 2 from first post

Link 3 from 1st post

Link 4 from 1st post

Also liked these I found from the keywords

Clarks Halloween Cool Brogue

Caravelle Bts Brogue Heel Brogue

Hope I got it right and the links all work, let me know

Thanks Shyguy, they all work for me.

I like both those heeled brogues you linked, I preferred the Clarks pair, very wearable..... I could almost get away with either of those at work.

I looked at the link source and searched the keywords, also led to some other nice looking shoes.

See if these will work :-

Flats from last post

Link 2 from first post

Link 3 from 1st post

Link 4 from 1st post

Also liked these I found from the keywords

Clarks Halloween Cool Brogue

Caravelle Bts Brogue Heel Brogue

Hope I got it right and the links all work, let me know

Links 1 through 4 work fine.

The new ones, 5 and 6, give me the same error message I had from the OP's 2-4 links?

Not usually critical, but those style are a bit sedate for me. I've the luxury of getting into Size 8's, and some 7's, so maybe my choice is wider. :huh:

That said, I've seen a black flat heeled slip on [slipper] pumps somewhere at £16, that I'm finding hard to resist. I'd been looking for some flat shoes to wear, to get from/to my home location without drawing attention, that could be put into man-bag or handbag while I'm out. I've looked at New Look, Next, and River Island for a link to them with no success. I'm sure they are in New Look, perhaps I'll make a visit and take my own photo, providing I have the right source. :huh:

P.S.

Sedate, but 1, 2 and 4, are very very very wearable anywhere. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Sedate yes..... But as you point out, I'm only getting into size 9 or 10 so that does limit the choice... And Brantano are not exactly known for setting the fashion world alight.

I much prefer New Look as they are more exciting and Next have some really good stuff but are pricey!

Then again if I turned up in a pair of pink stilettos I would be drawing far too much attention !

Sedate yes..... But as you point out, I'm only getting into size 9 or 10 so that does limit the choice... And Brantano are not exactly known for setting the fashion world alight.

Well in my defence, (M'lud :D ), I only passed comment because you seemed to be tilting your taste toward higher stiletto's? Like the ones you nearly kept from NEXT - and tried in public? ;)

I much prefer New Look as they are more exciting and Next have some really good stuff but are pricey!

Then again if I turned up in a pair of pink stilettos I would be drawing far too much attention !

New Look do seem to be moving in the right direction again. I think their styles over the last two years have been disappointing to say the least. NEXT on the other hand, seem to go from strength to strength. Looks like they are also carrying the Lypsy brand? Unless I clicked outside their web site catalogue by mistake?

The pumps I mentioned earlier, were from New Look, but don't seem to work for me. Think NL were not expecting toe-nails like mine. The covering material of the toe-box is rigid. 30 minutes of wearing them, is likely to see my toe on the outside of the shoe? (I have toe-nails that can cut glass. :D )

Tried today:

post-40-0-80874000-1344390008_thumb.jpg

Edited by FastFreddy2

Yes I agree New Look appear to be heading the right way, especially as we head towards winter and party time!!

The only problem with New Look is that one store will stock all the size 9's they do, whilst another wont carry a single pair in stock. They also amaze me at how many size 9 appear in the sale that I haven't seen previously on the shelves.

Next are definitely stocking some nice heels and as I am heading into stiletto mode, they are more likely to get my trade, the only downside being you have to order size 9 for store delivery.

If this link works these are a pair I am interested in

http://classic.next.co.uk/x502316s2

They do a wide 43 so I am hoping they will fit as the normal pair in store seem quite narrow.

I shall ask the Preston store to order in a pair for me.... And see what happens

If this link works these are a pair I am interested in

http://classic.next.co.uk/x502316s2

They do a wide 43 so I am hoping they will fit as the normal pair in store seem quite narrow.

I shall ask the Preston store to order in a pair for me.... And see what happens

Link works fine. B)

About a year ago it occurred to me, the buyers who used to work for the now closed shoe chain "Faith", are now usefully employed at NEXT. Heel heights at NEXT, were not that high - as I remember them anyway. More recently, their heels seem to have gone skyward! As a shoe brand they've become MUCH more mainstream as a trend follower.

On your link there is definitely a Lypsy concession button, and they are an uber high heel girlie centred brand, which at last is including some size 8's in it's catalogue. The shoe range growth at NEXT 'concession' ranges, also includes, pages and pages of Dr Martin styles, and pumps/trainers. :huh: I've mentioned before, it's becoming harder and harder for 'shoes only' retailers to exist. ALDO and Kurt Geiger being the two most notable exceptions, though both do ranges of additional accessories too. NEXT seem to understood this, and they are probably intending the inclusion of several market-leading-shoe-brands, will attract new (clothing) buyers into their stores.

This seems to be a well trodden route used by New Look. I've yet to see a NL store where the shoe section wasn't at the back of the store? It can only be for one reason .... Girls will browse shoes even if they don't buy. If you get them to walk past clothing on the way to the shoe section, you might pick up additional clothing sales. ("Honey" trap? :D ) Thinking about it, this is also a theme used by River Island, and possibly Top Shop. I'd have to say New Look carry a disproportionately large shoe section in some stores, like the Watford brand I visited last week. Didn't use a tape measure to check, but the Watford shoe section seemed larger than the shoe section at their flag store in Oxford Street?

I won't mind at all if NEXT follow this example of complimentary sales, with a priority given to footwear. As the link from Heelman500 shows, NEXT just like bigger clothing and grocery chain Marks and Spencer, seems to offer a 'Wide' [W] range of shoes. It also looks like they include a range of size 9's in shoe styles. Good for us men buyers. B)

Not to forget Priceless, which like New Look, have catered for the size 9 owner for some time, and even have the occasional size 10! :o . You have to be quick to buy though, as these sizes seem to go first. The brand seems to have largely [but not completely] moved away from high street retailing. See example here >> Priceless courts <<.

They have a sister company especially for the woman with larger feet >> here << called the Big Shoe Boutique, catering for up to size UK 11. They like Priceless, are part of the Barratts group, which recently got into financial trouble for the second time in 2 or 3 years. Many Barratts shops have already closed. It seems their business may be driven [by costs] to become internet based, with a handful of flagship stores scattered around?

>> This particular style <<

post-40-0-85318600-1344422984_thumb.jpg

.... seems to be a classic stiletto court style in patent, and comes up in a UK9 and UK10. Pays to read reviews on each style though, because Barretts/Priceless sizing can be all over the place. I've bought 7's 8's and 9's to fit me in the past.

If anyone here was looking to buy from a store, there's still a Barratts at Westfield White City. Obviously, check for stock first before making a journey to buy. ;) I've found sizes claimed as 'out-of-stock' on-line, sat on shelves in-store in the past, so sometimes worth a call.